ADVERTISEMENT

VANCE VS LEESVILLE RD. 4AA STATE FINAL

They were able to move the ball some on the ground but that was starting to dwindle. Losing the QB hurt but I do not see much difference in the outcome. We all talk about how vicious the Vance front is (and it is!) but the DBs have really locked up the receivers. It takes a big time QB to do anything at all with through the air. That is why I think Vance wins any matchup in the state.

The back in of Vance definitely got better throughout the season. The Creek had some big plays spreading them out, and running right at them. Even as elite as their defense was, it was difficult task trying to fight through 300 pound's of Mass to Tackle Trent Simpson. Our OC joined the Air Raid cult and refuse to go back to the run game.

They were able to move the ball some on the ground but that was starting to dwindle. Losing the QB hurt but I do not see much difference in the outcome. We all talk about how vicious the Vance front is (and it is!) but the DBs have really locked up the receivers. It takes a big time QB to do anything at all with through the air. That is why I think Vance wins any matchup in the state.

There DBs allow them to play that Bear front and they can bring more guys than you can block.

Reactions: btango
That's what I told the kids in the playoff game, I said I have a feeling later in the game they're going to line Simpson up with holmes in the backfield n try to pound it...I told sings to tell the d line and LB to maintain ur technique n stay low if u get a shot ALWAYS BLOW UP THE LEAD BACK ....so the ball carrier would have to bounce it. Shoot if they wanna bang then bang on them especially Simpson. I know hes a freak but 3 or 4 hard shots would eventually wear on him especially if he went over to defense. I was jus surprised when Hellams didnt go 2 it.

Reactions: btango
Combo of motivation from them and D1 athletes and non motivation from us n some injuries. We needed that loss tho

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT