ADVERTISEMENT

VANCE VS LEESVILLE RD. 4AA STATE FINAL

Nooooooo I said I dont know anything about Leesville only that they played a injury deplete WF and Gibbons and noted Gibbons lost big to RC. Did I lie? Was that an opinionated statement? I know teams get better hell we lost to the same team that got beat by the team we defeated last week. If u know me on here I try to stay with the facts and try to give educated guesses. I'm a Vance fan and if u go back to the end of the season posts I put up hell wasn't sure how long we were going 2 b in it. All i put is that i hope the lightbulb turns on and some players start 2 get it and we get hot cause at that time things wasnt looking good.

Reactions: Veejay4
Blah blah blah. Love how you've never seen gibbons but you offer opinions on how'd they'd be destroyed by a team that beat you this year. Whatever man. RC was a great team and we learned a lot from that loss. Well you know what else we did? Beat the three time defending champs at full strength. Our defense shut out two teams in the playoffs, including a #1 seed (they had 1 score by their defense) and we beat a very solid Scotland County. So yeah, keep giving your uninformed opinion and talk about Wake not being good this year and we'll continue to do our best to get the 4A win.
See everybody this is the difference in being a fanboy and someone who cheers for a team but knows football. I remember back b4 the playoffs no 1 picked us hell we were suppose to lose to butler the 1st week..creek supposed to blown us out.. West supposed to blow us out, RC was supposed to blow us out...I never got emotional or defensive all I said was were going show up n win or lose were make sure they remembered they played us. Stop getting so emotional go out there and bring the trophy back that's how u shut naysayers up!!

See everybody this is the difference in being a fanboy and someone who cheers for a team but knows football. I remember back b4 the playoffs no 1 picked us hell we were suppose to lose to butler the 1st week..creek supposed to blown us out.. West supposed to blow us out, RC was supposed to blow us out...I never got emotional or defensive all I said was were going show up n win or lose were make sure they remembered they played us. Stop getting so emotional go out there and bring the trophy back that's how u shut naysayers up!!

Not just a fanboy 704. I acknowledge RC was a powerhouse this year. I merely said we learned from that...and stated facts about performance in the playoffs. You can offer your opinion on teams you've never seen (like all of us) as much as you want. We're playing for the 4A title. Good luck to you guys in your game

Not just a fanboy 704. I acknowledge RC was a powerhouse this year. I merely said we learned from that...and stated facts about performance in the playoffs. You can offer your opinion on teams you've never seen (like all of us) as much as you want. We're playing for the 4A title. Good luck to you guys in your game
So basically ur jus talking jus to b talking....I understand u r hyped for the game I get it. Go out there n bring the trophy back

So basically ur jus talking jus to b talking....I understand u r hyped for the game I get it. Go out there n bring the trophy back

When I see hyped up folks like you prognosticating on teams you've never seen (and still playing), yeah I'll respond. Good luck to Vance. I can see many of their supporters already making room on the trophy shelf for this title. Be a shame if LR smacked them in the mouth

Neither one of y'all have any impact on either game though

Talking about "go get that trophy" LOL How sway???

You gotta remember... we are washed up now... we are just FANS.. we can only watch and see what happens. You had your turn already

Neither one of y'all have any impact on either game though

Talking about "go get that trophy" LOL How sway???

You gotta remember... we are washed up now... we are just FANS.. we can only watch and see what happens. You had your turn already
no now YOU'RE talking jus to b talking smh

Reactions: hodgesd13
When I see hyped up folks like you prognosticating on teams you've never seen (and still playing), yeah I'll respond. Good luck to Vance. I can see many of their supporters already making room on the trophy shelf for this title. Be a shame if LR smacked them in the mouth
And again u r talking just to be talking....anything else?

And again u r talking just to be talking....anything else?

Funny how you started off this week both here and on hsot being humble about your team's success... "hey LR is the favorite....we're not overlooking LR...blah blah" and now you're like this is in the bag. Vance is the real deal but you? I think you're a funny guy. Got a problem with me talking? Too bad. This is a public forum

Funny how you started off this week both here and on hsot being humble about your team's success... "hey LR is the favorite....we're not overlooking LR...blah blah" and now you're like this is in the bag. Vance is the real deal but you? I think you're a funny guy. Got a problem with me talking? Too bad. This is a public forum
Where did I say this is in the bag? I still say they're the favorite cause they're undefeated n beat the 3xs champ. See ur drawing conclusions n getting ur emotions involved. Yes CG beat and Leesville beat them...what part of that isnt the truth?? Please state where I said we "have this game in the bag"

Where did I say this is in the bag? I still say they're the favorite cause they're undefeated n beat the 3xs champ. See ur drawing conclusions n getting ur emotions involved. Yes CG beat and Leesville beat them...what part of that isnt the truth?? Please state where I said we "have this game in the bag"

Speaking out of both sides of your mouth. On one hand you say "Leesville is the favorite" on the other hand you make these weak assertions that the east just isn't good this year and how Hough, a team that beat you this year, would destroy CG. Look, you are entitled to your opinion as am I. If that makes you feel more confident, go for it. None of that means much to me. What happens tomorrow at 11am, yeah that will mean something.

Speaking out of both sides of your mouth. On one hand you say "Leesville is the favorite" on the other hand you make these weak assertions that the east just isn't good this year and how Hough, a team that beat you this year, would destroy CG. Look, you are entitled to your opinion as am I. If that makes you feel more confident, go for it. None of that means much to me. What happens tomorrow at 11am, yeah that will mean something.

Where does Cardinal Gibbons finish in the Imeck?

Where does Cardinal Gibbons finish in the Imeck?

No idea and it really doesn't matter. I know a lot of folks are passionate about their teams (I am) and to some, it's important to them that other people recognize their team as a top program (not me). I also don't put a lot of energy into would this team beat that team? I have been following CG for many years and I'm excited they are playing for a title. I have seen some folks go completely off the rails because their team was lower in the polls. Amazing. The only poll I care about is the one this weekend after the game is done.

No idea and it really doesn't matter. I know a lot of folks are passionate about their teams (I am) and to some, it's important to them that other people recognize their team as a top program (not me). I also don't put a lot of energy into would this team beat that team? I have been following CG for many years and I'm excited they are playing for a title. I have seen some folks go completely off the rails because their team was lower in the polls. Amazing. The only poll I care about is the one this weekend after the game is done.

Funny....and yet you jumped in here talking about your defense shutting out some playoff teams and how you beat Scotland.

Me thinks you care a little more than you let on. Otherwise why bother?

Funny....and yet you jumped in here talking about your defense shutting out some playoff teams and how you beat Scotland.

Me thinks you care a little more than you let on. Otherwise why bother?

This will be my last post on this thread as it us a LR/Vance thread and really should be about those teams. But to answer your question, I jumped in when I saw that old, tired assertion "Wake (or the east) is just not that good". That's why.

This will be my last post on this thread as it us a LR/Vance thread and really should be about those teams. But to answer your question, I jumped in when I saw that old, tired assertion "Wake (or the east) is just not that good". That's why.

Nah...you jumped in because you thought someone slighted your team. Just like everyone else. :)

Reactions: crusaders13
I am just calling what I see. I don’t like to call kids names just position groups. Foot quickness and positioning will be a problem with the Vance front. The larger LR guys will be playing inside at the next level Vance DE will be the most powerful, polished leverage and hand technique they have seen. It’s very important that they keep it an even or 1 score game because if it gets over that Vance will dial up the pressure. I just see more room for error with Vance. LR needs to be perfect....

I get that you don't want to call out by name but you did pick two that are going to be playing high level college football.

Oh the Hough comparison that's y ur emotional. Look ur still in Hough is out...no worries buddy

No you said WE'RE COMING!!

Reactions: 704CougarsDad

Smack them in the mouth?! Not happening! Vance please bring this thing back to 4AA West. Be nice if we could get a West sweep out of this thing.

Should be a large contingent of Lee/CG folks there because of their close proximity and it's a safe bet they'll be supporting each other as they should.

I hope EF/Vance turn up the same and support each other as well. I'll be giving it up for our (EF) game but will become a Cougar for a couple hours afterwards.

Unless Vance just falls flat on their face. They're going to destroy Leesville Rd. Damn! Please NCHSAA do something about these seeding. Let teams travel across the State. This is ridiculous.

Unless Vance just falls flat on their face. They're going to destroy Leesville Rd. Damn! Please NCHSAA do something about these seeding. Let teams travel across the State. This is ridiculous.
Nope they're not because if they do make something different that will jus make it a charlotte vs Richmond invitational every yr maybe wake forest in there every now n then aka Vance vs Richmond one yr....MC vs Richmond the next Vance vs MC the next. Can u imagine a situation where its Vance vs MC for the 4AA title....back 2 back yrs??? They're not going 2 do anything...u think Charlotte hate is bad now.....

Nope they're not because if they do make something different that will jus make it a charlotte vs Richmond invitational every yr maybe wake forest in there every now n then aka Vance vs Richmond one yr....MC vs Richmond the next Vance vs MC the next. Can u imagine a situation where its Vance vs MC for the 4AA title....back 2 back yrs??? They're not going 2 do anything...u think Charlotte hate is bad now.....

Teams traveling across the State to play teams, they've never played or followed the entire season. That would be to right. So you're correct. It's not happening.

James Worthy Sophomore Ashbrook.
Sleepy Floyd Senior Huss.
Two regular season. Holiday tourney. Conference tournament. All won by Ashbrook.
Game five. State final. Greensboro Coliseum. Huss pulls out the win.

Vance tried a fake on the opening kick return and in the second play has to call a time out as click ticks to zero. First two plays are strung out. Forced to punt. Hoping “that” Vance does not show up

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT