ADVERTISEMENT

VANCE VS LEESVILLE RD. 4AA STATE FINAL

We played against Lewisville and Richmond this year. Payed very close with Cleveland and were actually winning before a roughing the kicker penalty. RC blew us out. They were in another level. I’d love to see Leesville win it for the east but this Vance team is unstoppable. Could not believe what they did to RC.

Shouldn’t be typing from my phone. I meant LEESVILLE not Lewisville or Cleveland.

Just making it to a state title game is an accomplishment! Injuries, luck, weather, geography, seeding, who gets hot, who sustains the mental edge, et al. No guarantees.

@704CougarsDad
Y’all should win it .
y’all got everything going for y’all but one thing every one picking y’all this week. Lol
Just joking but really nobody thought y’all would make it this far and y’all have so people picking against y’all has really worked .
Hope y’all do win it all

Reactions: Veejay4
Were not falling for it, not going to look pass Leesville and say that we won the title yet. We've had a past of playing down to our opponents. We gotta treat them like it's Creek week or MP, now is not the time for mediocrity.

Vance has speed that is hard to deal with. Hood had no open guys and little time. Vance isn't the biggest team I have ever seen but they are one of the fastest. I do not know if LR WRs are any faster than RC, if not there will be no where to throw. I think the only way LR stays in this game is to power run right at them. Inside LBs are special so I am not saying this will work either but if you try to run outside they will catch you.
I loved watching Vance offense, nothing fancy, just getting guys in space and going. QB has good arm and good wheels. Their WR aren't big but will run right by the CBs. LR will have their work cut out for them.
You can see why WF was so good the last 3 years. They were great up front on Def and had speed in the secondary. On offense they were great up front and ran right at you in between the tackles which neutralized the speed of the Charlotte teams.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
You can see why WF was so good the last 3 years. They were great up front on Def and had speed in the secondary. On offense they were great up front and ran right at you in between the tackles which neutralized the speed of the Charlotte teams.

The length of the Wake Forest DBs was a huge different maker. They were strong enough to match up at the line or in the air and had the reach. If Vance would have had the 2019 late season version of their current QB and maybe a little more quicks at receiver they are able to win the title game last year. Kudos to Reggie Lucas for sticking to his scheme over the years and building a program!

They are undefeated so they should b the favorite.
Just based off actually watching Vance live twice, and knowing they would be our biggest challenge on returning to the Big Dance & watching Leesville Rd on film This is going to get ugly fast. Vance by a bunch.

Reactions: btango
Just based off actually watching Vance live twice, and knowing they would be our biggest challenge on returning to the Big Dance & watching Leesville Rd on film This is going to get ugly fast. Vance by a bunch.
I went on the nfhs and watched the WF game...I know wake was missing their QB but their defense looked bad. A lot of missed tackles. Definitely not the same team we saw last December. Is the east that bad?

Reactions: btango
Looking at Leesville Road they just physically do not look or play like they will be able to compete in this game. The Tackles are large but not very athletic and the OL overall looks below average. I don’t see a lot of team speed either. The defense is not very aggressive and a lot of 1-2 defender tackling which I don’t think will cut it against Vance. Yeah this one could get ugly.

And I think Vance cruises in this one. Any team capable of knocking off MC and Richmond in same postseason is elite. Going into the season I thought Leesville had potential with how last season ended but they didn't have that killer season. Too many close games against meh teams. Something you don't see from champs.

LR is definitely big upfront but it will not cause Vance any issues as they have dealt with huge size in MC and West Forsyth. QB for LR seems like a player and they have a couple quick backs.

The one shot for LR is on defense. If they can control Greer and keep this a tight game it will force Vance's front 7 to play at least a little honest and respect the run.

However, as we have seen the past couple of weeks. If they get a two score lead and get LR in these 3rd and long deals......Goodnight

Were not going to go into this thinking like that. They are undefeated they beat the champs so we're going to go into this 100% focused and ready to finish this out, cant take them for granted.

Reactions: Veejay4
Def looking forward to watching Vance after we hopefully get another one (EF). Always love a good defense.

Thought that was the case. Wondered how strong a critic tdl was being of their OL.

I am just calling what I see. I don’t like to call kids names just position groups. Foot quickness and positioning will be a problem with the Vance front. The larger LR guys will be playing inside at the next level Vance DE will be the most powerful, polished leverage and hand technique they have seen. It’s very important that they keep it an even or 1 score game because if it gets over that Vance will dial up the pressure. I just see more room for error with Vance. LR needs to be perfect....

I watched their film also and iys hard to get a gauge how truly good u r with the teams they've played this yr. The only 2 teams I can really judge is cardinal Gibbons and wake forest? Cardinal Gibbons got destroyed by RC so is Gibbons ardrey kell a good comparison? The late season playoff Hough would destroy Gibbons imho. 2019 wake jus isnt as good this yr. I'm looking at the film and it is jus hard to really get a gauge .

I know two things with certainty; 1. If you would have asked me which two teams would be in the final, I would never had said Vance and Leesville Road, 2. There is no way I would bet against Vance after what they have done in the playoffs.

Reactions: araiderfan
I watched their film also and iys hard to get a gauge how truly good u r with the teams they've played this yr. The only 2 teams I can really judge is cardinal Gibbons and wake forest? Cardinal Gibbons got destroyed by RC so is Gibbons ardrey kell a good comparison? The late season playoff Hough would destroy Gibbons imho. 2019 wake jus isnt as good this yr. I'm looking at the film and it is jus hard to really get a gauge .

Blah blah blah. Love how you've never seen gibbons but you offer opinions on how'd they'd be destroyed by a team that beat you this year. Whatever man. RC was a great team and we learned a lot from that loss. Well you know what else we did? Beat the three time defending champs at full strength. Our defense shut out two teams in the playoffs, including a #1 seed (they had 1 score by their defense) and we beat a very solid Scotland County. So yeah, keep giving your uninformed opinion and talk about Wake not being good this year and we'll continue to do our best to get the 4A win.

Blah blah blah. Love how you've never seen gibbons but you offer opinions on how'd they'd be destroyed by a team that beat you this year. Whatever man. RC was a great team and we learned a lot from that loss. Well you know what else we did? Beat the three time defending champs at full strength. Our defense shut out two teams in the playoffs, including a #1 seed (they had 1 score by their defense) and we beat a very solid Scotland County. So yeah, keep giving your uninformed opinion and talk about Wake not being good this year and we'll continue to do our best to get the 4A win.

Sounds like your saying you got better after the RC loss. Gonna guess WF might have done the same after the 1st game of the season .

Sounds like your saying you got better after the RC loss. Gonna guess WF might have done the same after the 1st game of the season .

Absolutely! When we beat WF there was a lot of 'they're no good, not the same team, they'll be lucky to have a winning record, etc"..well they came back strong as some of us expected

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT