ADVERTISEMENT

Vance vs East Forsyth who wins?

I know comparing scores is not always totally accurate or scientific but Vance blew out West Forsyth and West Forsyth handed East Forsyth their only loss right? Might have been different in the regular season but Vance seemed to play at a different level in the playoffs. Have to say Vance wins comfortably.

I know comparing scores is not always totally accurate or scientific but Vance blew out West Forsyth and West Forsyth handed East Forsyth their only loss right? Might have been different in the regular season but Vance seemed to play at a different level in the playoffs. Have to say Vance wins comfortably.

East/West played 2 months ago. The day before Vance had to go to OT to beat Mooresville. Much has changed since then. Vance went on a historic run, and East continued to find ways to win. Who knows what would happen. I would say Vance would be the favorite, especially with East missing their top back and top receiver. But East has shown for years now to be a very tough out. Congrats to both teams on big wins today. Alot of guys coming back next year for the Eagles. Could we see a 3-peat?

Show me another team in any class that could lose the amount of players we did and not only be competitive but somehow win a title.

Understand this we lost a soon to be 5 star WR before we put on pads. Lost a WF commit at RB and yet somehow we should be compared with other 4A/4AA teams.

Gotta better question for you.....take 2 of the top players from any of these top 4A teams and ask yourselves could we see any of them? Answer won't be the same.

Man! We can't even enjoy winning a title without that hypothetical coming up. There's NO ONE in 4A we feel like we CAN'T play with win healthy.

First we couldn't win 1. Now we win 2 in a row you move the line yet again to now we can't beat the 4AA team. Everyone and their cousin had us getting mauled by the '15 Creek bunch.

Can't wait to see what hoop we gotta jump through next.

Show me another team in any class that could lose the amount of players we did and not only be competitive but somehow win a title.

Understand this we lost a soon to be 5 star WR before we put on pads. Lost a WF commit at RB and yet somehow we should be compared with other 4A/4AA teams.

Gotta better question for you.....take 2 of the top players from any of these top 4A teams and ask yourselves could we see any of them? Answer won't be the same.

Man! We can't even enjoy winning a title without that hypothetical coming up. There's NO ONE in 4A we feel like we CAN'T play with win healthy.

First we couldn't win 1. Now we win 2 in a row you move the line yet again to now we can't beat the 4AA team. Everyone and their cousin had us getting mauled by the '15 Creek bunch.

Can't wait to see what hoop we gotta jump through next.

We don't have to prove anything to anyone. It's a message board and there are no more games for 8 months. We gotta talk about something. Vance is good, so is East. Hats off to both! Wonder how ole CPC is enjoying the Titan basketball season?

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
We don't have to prove anything to anyone. It's a message board and there are no more games for 8 months. We gotta talk about something. Vance is good, so is East. Hats off to both! Wonder how ole CPC is enjoying the Titan basketball season?
Cpc sitting outside coach Snow's house in an unmarked van lmao

I think what East Forsyth did this year was pretty special. Wonder what they would have looked like with Marshall and Crowell.

That said it's really hard for me to imagine anyone scoring on Vance after the last 5 weeks. The defense is historically good. Not only have they shut down everyone but they have done it against 5 completely different offensive schemes and with guys like Denson, Hellams and Hales.

I am sure the Forsyth guys will argue but the 4aa West was as good as any side of a bracket I have seen since sub dividing. 4 really elite teams and 2 very good ones in Hough and West Forsyth.

Richmond rolled Cardinal Gibbons and Scotland.

Mallard Creek tied Dutch Fork and beat semifinalist Gaffney

West Forsyth beat East Forsyth.

Myers Park's margin of victory was like 40 pts this year.

Outside of a one score win at Mallard Creek , Vance smoked every playoff team they faced.

Vance 17- East 10

Not too good they haven't won a game. Lol

Reactions: btango
Why am I even chimming in on this. To whomever made this post did you witness what Vance just did in the playoffs. Butler, Mallard Creek, and Richmond. Man I hate to say something so stupid but I promise you and this is not taking anything away from East, but there was only one team that could have ran the table as a 10 seed and win the 4AA title and that was Vance. Put it’s in the 4AA west this past year, what if’s right! But Vance did it!!!!! All East has to do is apply for the 4AA.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
I'll go back to almost a month ago and I forgot who said it and it's no slight to the other teams that was in the playoffs but it was mentioned that the winner of the MC vs Vance was going to win the championship. Creek lost by only giving up 13pts jus a thought

Vance wins that battle, the caliber of teams they played and how many points allowed another offense. The 4AA still the strongest. Not taking nothing away from EF, back to back state championship playing 2 tough games that came down to the wire. Tell you a lot about the coaches and the kids buying into there system.Expect the Bears, CG, Scots, be back to challenge that 3rd repeat next year. I’m sure there will be some teams move down and move up. Vance could be one them next year.

I'll go back to almost a month ago and I forgot who said it and it's no slight to the other teams that was in the playoffs but it was mentioned that the winner of the MC vs Vance was going to win the championship. Creek lost by only giving up 13pts jus a thought

The 4aa state title was won 5 weeks ago on 4th and 4 from the Creek 30 yard line. #5 turned the corner and got himself and the boys in orange a ring.

Why am I even chimming in on this. To whomever made this post did you witness what Vance just did in the playoffs. Butler, Mallard Creek, and Richmond. Man I hate to say something so stupid but I promise you and this is not taking anything away from East, but there was only one team that could have ran the table as a 10 seed and win the 4AA title and that was Vance. Put it’s in the 4AA west this past year, what if’s right! But Vance did it!!!!! All East has to do is apply for the 4AA.

We didn't make the post. We came for no one in 4AA West because we understood the arguement. We're just enjoying the unbelievable run we just made too.

It just amazing how year in and out we continue to have doubters as to our level of competitiveness. I'm a firm believer in you have to play the games. East Surry darn sure made that true last night.

Why should we concede anything to anyone from Richmond who we more than held our own last year to Mallard Creek who WE asked for in August.

We don't backpedal for anyone either win or lose. And there is some relevancy to who gets injured throughout the season. Our entire dynamic changes with Crowell and Marshall.

If you're going to inject the question then we should be able to even the playing field HYPOTHETICALLY too.

Not saying we'd win any year but we're definitely competing with anyone. It's a tired argument meant to bait that's all. Let's call it what it really is. And yes this is a message board and I never said what anyone could post about but this has gotten old. There are a million other things we could discuss. We're good I just called it about this post coming up.

Predictable.

We didn't make the post. We came for no one in 4AA West because we understood the arguement. We're just enjoying the unbelievable run we just made too.

It just amazing how year in and out we continue to have doubters as to our level of competitiveness. I'm a firm believer in you have to play the games. East Surry darn sure made that true last night.

Why should we concede anything to anyone from Richmond who we more than held our own last year to Mallard Creek who WE asked for in August.

We don't backpedal for anyone either win or lose. And there is some relevancy to who gets injured throughout the season. Our entire dynamic changes with Crowell and Marshall.

If you're going to inject the question then we should be able to even the playing field HYPOTHETICALLY too.

Not saying we'd win any year but we're definitely competing with anyone. It's a tired argument meant to bait that's all. Let's call it what it really is. And yes this is a message board and I never said what anyone could post about but this has gotten old. There are a million other things we could discuss. We're good I just called it about this post coming up.

Predictable.
Some guy named oldtimer made this post...idk who that is

Reactions: Veejay4
I’ve been reading these forums since 2015, but have never posted on them. Over the years I have noticed that Richmond co and Scotland fans love to butt into the forums that have nothing to do with them to give their two sense lol. I understand it’s an open forum but it’s just funny to me that RC/SC demands respect but doesn’t give any out.

I’ve been reading these forums since 2015, but have never posted on them. Over the years I have noticed that Richmond co and Scotland fans love to butt into the forums that have nothing to do with them to give their two sense lol. I understand it’s an open forum but it’s just funny to me that RC/SC demands respect but doesn’t give any out.
Uh oh here we go lol

I respect the SC/RC fans they are diehard and loyal. And when they lose they give the other teams props and dont make excuses or dirty. Dont b so hard on my country buddies man lol

Predictable.

The post happens every year. Nothing to be upset about and EF has won two straight titles....they have earned respect.

Sports hypotheticals make for fun debates and they happen on all levels. Got into Bears 85 versus Giants defense debate yesterday.....Its what makes sports fun.

Reactions: Veejay4

It's a message board. It is what it is there for.

Reactions: Post 36
Some guy named oldtimer made this post...idk who that is

Yep I know. No prob with anyone really just trying to ingest that somehow we won a title in a year that looked like we would be an early out.

It's cool we kick around who we think may win. It becomes laughable when people attempt to judge a hypothetical game from bodies of work solely. We get an example every year that each season is of it's own kind and that we tend to throw around predictions based on "team name" so many times.

You guys (Vance) could've looked at the front of jerseys a couple weeks ago and folded but "showed up". East Surry did the same last night.

Yet we gotta get boat raced by "insert whatever 4AA name" without the benefit of head to head. Truth be known we just don't know.

The post happens every year. Nothing to be upset about and EF has won two straight titles....they have earned respect.

Sports hypotheticals make for fun debates and they happen on all levels. Got into Bears 85 versus Giants defense debate yesterday.....Its what makes sports fun.

Agreed. No prob with hypotheticals just how the lines are jaded sometimes. Most of you guys have been down the the middle. That's fair. By the way I'm BEARDOWN all the way since birth. It's been established the Bears D most dominant ever. Lol.

Agreed. No prob with hypotheticals just how the lines are jaded sometimes. Most of you guys have been down the the middle. That's fair. By the way I'm BEARDOWN all the way since birth. It's been established the Bears D most dominant ever. Lol.

Alright, I got one for you. If you dont want to answer I respect that.

Rank em-

2019 EF
2018 EF
2015 EF
2012 EF

You never know unless you play, but I can not imagine anyone managing a tougher road to the title than Vance did and being so dominate along that road. MY hat is off to them... bravo Bravo

You never know unless you play, but I can not imagine anyone managing a tougher road to the title than Vance did and being so dominate along that road. MY hat is off to them... bravo Bravo

Let me add, Vance and Weddington demonstrated that they are Elite, EF demonstrated they are really good. Enough said!

I did not think EF played a really good game against CG. I was shocked by CG's issues at the end when EF brought it and showed a blitz package on the pass plays. My point is if EF makes those mistakes against Vance it could make for a long day because they are relentless at taking advantage of the little things.

LR had a very impressive DL especially #7. That was a very good team. Give their D kudos.

Reactions: 336to919
I did not think EF played a really good game against CG. I was shocked by CG's issues at the end when EF brought it and showed a blitz package on the pass plays. My point is if EF makes those mistakes against Vance it could make for a long day because they are relentless at taking advantage of the little things.

LR had a very impressive DL especially #7. That was a very good team. Give their D kudos.

#7 was a problem. They started double teaming and he was still causing trouble. If Vance had a weakness it was in the Oline

Imma have to go over to mallard creek area n set out a lemonade stand give out some free lemonade for o lineman lol. (Suge Knight voice) Why sit on the bench when u can start at Vance lmaooo

Reactions: Chopper747
Imma have to go over to mallard creek area n set out a lemonade stand give out some free lemonade for o lineman lol. (Suge Knight voice) Why sit on the bench when u can start at Vance lmaooo
Creek JV O Line averaged 6’2” 265 lbs ....lmao

Shoot we jus needed 2 of those kids. But we have a few big kids coming up rhats freshman. Gonna really get them in the weight room and ready. Next yrs team is going to b offensive led. Losing a lot of defensive players so until the young guys get ready were going 2 have to score.

Yep, we’ve heard this before.

Noticed you been kinda quiet?? How'd those 4aa picks go??

Vance against MC....Nope
Vance against West Forsyth...Nope x2
Vance against Richmond...Nope x3

Guess you just gave up. Very disappointing!!
Maybe Bball is your sport?? Hockey? Swimming?

Alright, I got one for you. If you dont want to answer I respect that.

Rank em-

2019 EF
2018 EF
2015 EF
2012 EF

I'll take the bait...

4 2012 Bruising running game, led by QB Duncan, with TOUGH defense! Very limited passing game though. Held Butler to 25 points, fewest that year. Lack of experience playing at top level and one dimensional offense eventually cost them. This was the start of getting over the "hump" for East as it proved to themselves they could play with anyone in the state.

3 2019 Took a while to gel after losing so much to graduation, and injuries took a massive toll throughout the year with Crowell and Marshall being biggest but not only losses. Defense gave up some points but also stepped up so many times, none bigger than semis and title games against Grimsley and CG. This was the toughest team of the bunch though. Played strongest schedule top to bottom and despite everything, lost 2 games by combined 7 points, both in last minute of 4th qtr. In title game, fittingly got behind early, came back to take the lead, then made big defensive stand to beat very good CG squad.

2 2015 Hard to pick between 15 and 18 but QB the difference here. Beal and Nique Martin 1-2 punch made this offense special. D was stout with Cone, Springs and young Khalid Martin. Went toe to toe with great MC team. I'd take LJ over anyone in NC in recent memory, guy was a flat out winner! If only they had called the LT false start on the game winning TD in OT...

1 2018 Senior led, driven team after being embarrassed by Harding in 2017. Very balanced offensively with 3 stud wideouts, strong, deep backfield led by Marshall and dual threat QB Lyles. Stout D led by Khalid Martin and Baker in the secondary. Good size and speed in the front 7. Very tough once we got a lead and could get after the QB. Destroyed everyone all year until title game where they were challenged for the first time by very tough, well prepared Scotland team who controlled the clock and nearly pulled it off.

Very hard to call though between 15, 18 and 19 teams. Incredible to think where this program has come over the last decade. 2012-2019, 97 wins, 5 conf titles, 3 regional finals, 2 state titles. Coming for more in 2020!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT