ADVERTISEMENT

VANCE vs CREEK

Vance has a TD negated by a penalty. Block below the waist. Cougars score 2 plays later. Game tied 7-7 with 8:22 left in 1st half
Still early.......BUT I'm feeling it
77fJ5S3.jpg

Accurate deep ball+ tall receiver vs 5ft7 cb= 14-7. Summerville needs quicker pass plays. I like what I see tho.

Reactions: S2V2
Im not at the game and something tells me Vance is doing something right. If Mallard Creek press on the gas petal, Vance might just win at the end

Im not at the game and something tells me Vance is doing something right. If Mallard Creek press on the gas petal, Vance might just win at the end
Creek is no slouch but I like how were matching their intensity tho.

:(
I'm going to bed Mr. Hon Dines. Thank you for taking your time to keep all of us with updated scores

Reactions: Hon Dines
Good win creek.. love our defense...against a great team like creek u cant shoot urself in the foot...bad timely penalties n turnovers killed us. Wipe the tears n get ready for next week.

Reactions: Hon Dines
704....Exactly what I expected a brawl. You were correct the Vance defense is very good. Aldridge called a great game as did Stone for Creek. Brand & DJ picked and found certain plays to run and some matchups. Ironically the Db's on each team were targets more times than not one on Creek had a tough night as well. Kids all played hard and if you are a fan of old fashioned defense and field position football like I am it was a great game.

Last edited:
That defense is nasty I knew they would keep it close...I figured creek would take deep shots because they bragged about their receivers. My thing was the offense...we jus couldn't get it done. And when its crunch time..u cant turn the ball over or do a stupid penalty. Good win creek...if we go big A love a rematch.

Even though Vance lost and I wasnt at the game, it pretty much tells me Vance has a great defense. It could have easily been 70-7

Good fight Vance

That defense is nasty I knew they would keep it close...I figured creek would take deep shots because they bragged about their receivers. My thing was the offense...we jus couldn't get it done. And when its crunch time..u cant turn the ball over or do a stupid penalty. Good win creek...if we go big A love a rematch.
Definitely have to give Vance props for a great defensive game!.. I think Creek could’ve took advantage of Vance having 8 and 9 in the box with No safety.. but hey.. they called it how they called it.. Good game Cougars.. good luck the rest of the season.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad

Thought MC got a bit conservative by design especially as the game wore on. I think Palmieri had a good feel that 21 was the magic number and wasnt gonna give away a possesion. Also he had a ton of kids cramping up as game went on. Just tried to shorten the game I think.

The two fumbles by Vance deep in MC territory( one recovered) were huge. Looked like Brand finally found something that was working on that left side with that toss sweep and they were getting ready to score.

Thought a young MC defense really grew up last night. Really gave Summerville fits

704....Exactly what I expected a brawl. You were correct the Vance defense is very good. Aldridge called a great game as did Stone for Creek. Brand & DJ picked and found certain plays to run and some matchups. Ironically #4 on each team was the target more times than not. #2 on Creek has a tough night as well. Kids all played hard and if you are a fan of old fashioned defense and field position football like I am it was a great game.
I didn’t see where Vance passing game was successful anywhere.. Vance caught a few balls but all short passes. 0 Tds except for the short pass to #1.. 0 passes deep outside the #’s.... both defenses were solid tonight..#4 and #2 for Creek were solid.. gave up a hitch 1or 2 times from what I seen 0 td catches on either one of them.

I didn’t see where Vance passing game was successful anywhere.. Vance caught a few balls but all short passes. 0 Tds except for the short pass to #1.. 0 passes deep outside the #’s.... both defenses were solid tonight..#4 and #2 for Creek were solid.. gave up a hitch 1or 2 times from what I seen 0 td catches on either one of them.

Defense played lights out all night long. One missed tackle on the edge that led to a big run and that was pretty much it. Got a little soft on the toss sweep late in the game but that is just nit picking. Thought the Dline play was exceptional and #22 is really starting to come on as a LB. When he sees it he is a missle.

If the MC defense plays at that level the rest of the way they will be very hard to beat.

Same goes with Vance. Got good pressure with 4 or 5. Bottled up the run until the very end when they got tired. #10,#27 and #1 are as good a group of LB's as I have seen in a while. Very fast, very strong tacklers and rarely out of position. Trenton had one run late where I think the OLB over pursued. Other than that very strong.

Great kids but they need to work on tackling and stop grabbing. Great thing about it, they have the athletic ability to fix it. Both have been in position to make huge plays but grab instead of tackling. They need to stay after practice and work on wrapping up.

Reactions: S2V2
Those linebackers will b back next yr(#1 echols-soph, #.27-thompson-jr, #.10 solo-jr). I wasnt disrespecting creek by saying I knew it was going 2 b close because our defense is that good. With summerville being a senior I thought his experience was gonna b key...but the offense jus wasnt there. And the few big plays was called back..killed us. Our receivers r young..well they grew up a lil yesterday. Well the imeck see what they have have 2 live up 2.. 2 hard nosed talented defenses in north charlotte. Make sure ur offense get extra reps in.

Those linebackers will b back next yr(#1 echols-soph, #.27-thompson-jr, #.10 solo-jr). I wasnt disrespecting creek by saying I knew it was going 2 b close because our defense is that good. With summerville being a senior I thought his experience was gonna b key...but the offense jus wasnt there. And the few big plays was called back..killed us. Our receivers r young..well they grew up a lil yesterday. Well the imeck see what they have have 2 live up 2.. 2 hard nosed talented defenses in north charlotte. Make sure ur offense get extra reps in.

None of the posters in here who have history of the games between these two schools ever thought you were disrespectful. We know what these games are about. The 2015 regular season contest is still one of the most violent HS football games I have ever seen. These two defense will be real scary as the year goes on baring injuries. The offenses just will get better with more reps. Based on what I saw last night look out for #ucity704

You were on point about the defense. Very fast and disruptive. I believe in reference to the offense. Noah Kyei and the 10 man rotation had a lot to do with Vance offense not being there. No one on Vance could block him, they literally started tackling him. Big plays were called back because of guys trying to block him. He's the anchor. You must beat The Creek in the trenches to put points on the board.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue and Gold22
Great kids but they need to work on tackling and stop grabbing. Great thing about it, they have the athletic ability to fix it. Both have been in position to make huge plays but grab instead of tackling. They need to stay after practice and work on wrapping up.
OUCH!!!!!!!!

I absolutely agree!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT