ADVERTISEMENT

VANCE VS CREEK WEEK

He just better hope and pray Vance isn't 4a this year
The defense is complete. Barring injuries we feel good we can hold anybody under 21pts. We have 2 clean up that offense namely the o line. Greer will get some more experience during the season. Come late November to early December its ball or fall. 4A or AA it wont matter.

The defense is complete. Barring injuries we feel good we can hold anybody under 21pts. We have 2 clean up that offense namely the o line. Greer will get some more experience during the season. Come late November to early December its ball or fall. 4A or AA it wont matter.
I watched the game on Highschool OT. It looked to me like Vance was a little quicker to the ball and in making plays in the first half. As the game wore on, it looked like Mallard Creek's line was starting to dominate a bit. But that Vance defense is definitely as advertised. I agree. Barring injuries, Vance is going to be a very tough out whether they go 4A or 4AA.

I watched the game on Highschool OT. It looked to me like Vance was a little quicker to the ball and in making plays in the first half. As the game wore on, it looked like Mallard Creek's line was starting to dominate a bit. But that Vance defense is definitely as advertised. I agree. Barring injuries, Vance is going to be a very tough out whether they go 4A or 4AA.

I think the thing people often forget about MC is the depth. They run 11-12 deep in that front 7 and are rotating 2-3 guys all game. 4th quarter in all 3 big road games you could see them just take game over. Vance Oline had been just physically beat up. RT for Vance is maybe 215lbs and has to block a fresh Trenton Simpson in the 4th quarter. Good luck.

I think the thing people often forget about MC is the depth. They run 11-12 deep in that front 7 and are rotating 2-3 guys all game. 4th quarter in all 3 big road games you could see them just take game over. Vance Oline had been just physically beat up. RT for Vance is maybe 215lbs and has to block a fresh Trenton Simpson in the 4th quarter. Good luck.
I agree with you. I did forget about the depth. But in the three games of theirs I’ve seen, the fourth quarter was theirs.

Another thing people are quick to forget is that every game is a learning experience for the new MC offense. Vance has a great defense and ran a scheme that MC hadn't seen. As much as Vance will be better prepared for a future encounter you better well believe that MC is growing themselves.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
I agree depth will be a major factor for The Creek. It's impressive seeing them run large groups of guys in and out on defense. Has to be demoralizing for a offenses heading into second halves of games seeing fresh bodies coming at you.

I agree depth will be a major factor for The Creek. It's impressive seeing them run large groups of guys in and out on defense. Has to be demoralizing for a offenses heading into second halves of games seeing fresh bodies coming at you.

it’s a philosophy of Palmieri. Mallard Creek is always good 1-25 the problem is as the season goes along and those 26-40 guys who are first time varsity guys develop and get game reps it makes it hard down the stretch for teams to match up and also enables Mallard Creek to sustain a few injuries and have minimal drop off

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT