ADVERTISEMENT

Vance to focus on High Risk game

UPDATE:
The old slogan was “were coming”
The new slogan is “well let’s go”

Last edited:
S2V2...........I think Richmond is the favorite on paper dude. Never underestimate the underdog though, they are still a dog with teeth! No more Poodles in the yard S2V2! They all can bite you this time of the year.

I have meet Suv in person and he is a good guy, with that being said i'm so glad he is on the RICHMOND BAND WAGON. Thanks for taking him for awhile.
Mr. Sikner51 thank you for your honest kind words sir. We live in a depressive world where bad judgement calls exist. Unfortunately, this takes place every day yet there are people in life that present themselves as professional judgmental experts.

Even though anything can happen on any given day, Friday at around 9:45 the magical supernatural force that no one has been able to comprehend in Richmond may speak to the audience on the visitor side.

Rich.jpg

Uh oh.. bad news for Vance if you're picking em lol
This will definitely be a tough game as Vance will bring on QB Grier, Morris, Echols, Tucker, and Thompson. So Richmond must focus on these individuals

While Richmond hold their standard to score 30+ points, they must also contain Grier to low yards. Vance is a little deeper than people think. Grier was sacked a total of 5 times in the Mallard Creek game which led to the lowest scoring game of the season for Vance. This is Huge.

Lets not forget Vance's Special Teams. They WILL make things happen.

Sam Greiner once said "Vance has the best defense in the history of Meck County".

They are a team on a Mission, but then so is Richmond may I add.

Watch the threads closely - all the Vance followers are sandbagging their thoughts.

***Vance wins and Hell breaks lose on here seconds after its over
***Vance looses and it turns into a Saturday full of "Great game Richmond" comments
***NOTICE: Vance is on idle momentarily because the risk is high going into Richmond

Rich.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Serstylz2
This will definitely be a tough game as Vance will bring on QB Grier, Morris, Echols, Tucker, and Thompson. So Richmond must focus on these individuals

While Richmond hold their standard to score 30+ points, they must also contain Grier to low yards. Vance is a little deeper than people think. Grier was sacked a total of 5 times in the Mallard Creek game which led to the lowest scoring game of the season for Vance. This is Huge.

Lets not forget Vance's Special Teams. They WILL make things happen.

Sam Greiner once said "Vance has the best defense in the history of Meck County".

They are a team on a Mission, but then so is Richmond may I add.

Rich.jpg

Richmond doesn't need to focus on any individuals. They need to focus on playing their game, and they should be fine. How many points was MP averaging this year before they went to Richmond? 50 or close to it I'm sure. They were holding teams to on average 10-15 points or thereabouts. They did what they needed to do. I realize that Vance is playing lights out football right now with impressive playoff wins and great momentum, but I think they will not be able to handle RC if RC brings their potent, balanced attack on offense. In a shootout, I'd take RC.

Richmond doesn't need to focus on any individuals. They need to focus on playing their game, and they should be fine. How many points was MP averaging this year before they went to Richmond? 50 or close to it I'm sure. They were holding teams to on average 10-15 points or thereabouts. They did what they needed to do. I realize that Vance is playing lights out football right now with impressive playoff wins and great momentum, but I think they will not be able to handle RC if RC brings their potent, balanced attack on offense. In a shootout, I'd take RC.
That's all well and good. But with that Vance defense, it's not going to be a shootout.

Reactions: S2V2
with you being so worried about the raiders D, how many points will Vance score? 50??? 60???
I just love fans. Geez, some of you guys are sensitive. With the Vance offense, I'm not sure. It might depend on which Vance offense shows up. With the exception of Hough, none of their games have been exceptionally high scoring. They could struggle offensively or score just enough to keep them in the game. I'm thinking the Vance defense will have to play well to keep them in the game. I'm thinking Vance scores 20-25 points. One can give an emotional response and give this reason and that reason, for allowing that many points, but the truth is those numbers don't lie. Do I think Richmond will win? I'm thinking they do, but it won't be easy and could be scary at times for Raider fans.

Last edited:
with you being so worried about the raiders D, how many points will Vance score? 50??? 60???
Neither. Just a side not. Remember Myers Park held their opponent to 8 points per game(average) and Richmond over achieved this. On the other hand Vance has held their opponent to 7 points per game.

Much could be said but Richmond has already explained it on the field. They will have to reexplain it two more times.

Rich.jpg

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Neither. Just a side not. Remember Myers Park held their opponent to 8 points per game(average) and Richmond over achieved this. On the other hand Vance has held their opponent to 7 points per game.

Rich.jpg

I was being sarcastic mrhonda is real worried about that "struggling" Richmond defense...

Geez, some of you guys are sensitive. With the Vance offense, I'm not sure. It might depend on which Vance offense shows up. With the exception of Hough, none of their games have been exceptionally high scoring. They could struggle offensively or score just enough to keep them in the game. I'm thinking the Vance defense will have to play well to keep them in the game. I'm thinking Vance scores 20-25 points. One can give an emotional response and give this reason and that reason, for allowing that many points, but the truth is those numbers don't lie. Do I think Richmond will win? I'm thinking they do, but it won't be easy and could be scary at times for Raider fans.

Not sensitive you just havent been taking your lithium here lately

@S2V2
At the end of one of your comments you said all Richmond has to do is win 2 more times are you saying Richmond will win ? Are you didn’t mean to say that ?
Me on the hand of course I am pulling for Richmond and not Vance but I also have respect for Vance so I am leaving this game alone .
If Vance wins I will say congrats
if Richmond wins I will tell them they played heck of game and it was a dog fight

I dont know where you picked that up Mr. Swett, but I've learned from experience that trick plays are usually a last resort from a team witth nothing left. I dont expect much trickery from either of these teams unless it comes late in the game with the game on the line.

The trickery last week was, how we gonna use up these last three minutess... the week before it was the last 4 minutes...Richmonds starters were not used to playing the whole 4 qtrs, but now its come down to that and they are doing fine...GO RAIDERS...

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
I was being sarcastic mrhonda is real worried about that "struggling" Richmond defense...
I’m not worried at all. Just making a comment. Numbers don’t lie. They’re giving up nearly 30 ppg in the playoffs.

I’m not worried at all. Just making a comment. Numbers don’t lie. They’re giving up nearly 30 ppg in the playoffs.
Mrhonda it is absolutly great that you are not one bit worried. The issue is that the West always think they have it in the bag. The truth is the West has not seen the Bag in 4 years, going on 5.

Looks like the East(Richmond) has a strong position to win this and move on to the final countdown. Richmond has the best dual threat quarterback left in the series. Something Vance will have to figure out. We all know Vance is coming after him, the question is what do they have when Hood starts his Kentucky Derby habit?

If someone was to ask me what I see at 9:45 on Friday. I say "I spy with my little eyes disco lights flashing"

Rich.jpg

Last edited:
Mrhonda it is absolutly great that you are not one bit worried. The issue is that the West always think they have it in the bag. The truth is the West has not seen the Bag in 4 years, going on 5.

Looks like the East(Richmond) has a strong position to win this and move on to the final countdown.

If someone was to ask me what I see at 9:45 on Friday. I say "I spy with my little eyes disco lights flashing"

Rich.jpg
Let me let you in on something I've shared before but apparently you've either (a) never read it or (b) read it but couldn't comprehend it.

First of all, I'm not a native of North Carolina only moving here in 2009. I don't have a horse in the race, I just enjoy high school football. I've been following the game for over 50 years in about 8 states. I'm not even a North Carolina homer, let alone a Charlotte homer.

I am one of those subscribers to the NFHS network. So I see playoff games from different state. In fact, this season I'm just as interested in the Texas and Virginia state playoffs as I am North Carolina.

Because of personal connections, I'm more of a Charlotte Country Day man, fan of the privates. So, no, I have no dog in the race. What you can do is ask Blue and Gold or 704 how much of a Charlotte homer I am. They got a little frustrated with me when I was addressing the underachieving of Mallard Creek. You'll find they'll definitely see I'm not a Charlotte homer. What I do try to do is give an OPINION (keep that word in mind sports fans; it's important), on things I may see or think. This, I have found, often causes consternation with fans, because they just can't see why someone else wouldn't want to jump on their bandwagon.

So, no, I actually don't care who wins Vance, or Richmond. In fact, I think Richmond takes it, probably by 7 pts. or so. Richmond doesn't scare me in the least, neither does Vance. Once more, I frankly don't care. So try that "the west always thinks they have it in the bag" line with someone else. It doesn't play with me.

I'll say the same thing I said earlier. Vance doesn't have an offense that utterly scares anyone, but they do have one that's starting to click and you can't overlook. Again, I hear how well Richmond's defense is playing. They are; in key spots. But, that glaring number of giving up an almost 30 ppg during the playoffs is still there.

Now, please drop the tired old theme of "Charlotte against the rest of the state". It's old, tired and unbecoming. Now back to football.

Let me let you in on something I've shared before but apparently you've either (a) never read it or (b) read it but couldn't comprehend it.

First of all, I'm not a native of North Carolina only moving here in 2009. I don't have a horse in the race, I just enjoy high school football. I've been following the game for over 50 years in about 8 states. I'm not even a North Carolina homer, let alone a Charlotte homer.

I am one of those subscribers to the NFHS network. So I see playoff games from different state. In fact, this season I'm just as interested in the Texas and Virginia state playoffs as I am North Carolina.

Because of personal connections, I'm more of a Charlotte Country Day man, fan of the privates. So, no, I have no dog in the race. What you can do is ask Blue and Gold or 704 how much of a Charlotte homer I am. They got a little frustrated with me when I was addressing the underachieving of Mallard Creek. You'll find they'll definitely see I'm not a Charlotte homer. What I do try to do is give an OPINION (keep that word in mind sports fans; it's important), on things I may see or think. This, I have found, often causes consternation with fans, because they just can't see why someone else wouldn't want to jump on their bandwagon.

So, no, I actually don't care who wins Vance, or Richmond. In fact, I think Richmond takes it, probably by 7 pts. or so. Richmond doesn't scare me in the least, neither does Vance. Once more, I frankly don't care. So try that "the west always thinks they have it in the bag" line with someone else. It doesn't play with me.

I'll say the same thing I said earlier. Vance doesn't have an offense that utterly scares anyone, but they do have one that's starting to click and you can't overlook. Again, I hear how well Richmond's defense is playing. They are; in key spots. But, that glaring number of giving up an almost 30 ppg during the playoffs is still there.

Now, please drop the tired old theme of "Charlotte against the rest of the state". It's old, tired and unbecoming. Now back to football.

You frustrate me not in the slightest. Opinions are fine and you go to lengths to tell everyone you have " no dog in the fight" The reality is you do have a dog....its just you get to vacillate back and forth and pick the dog that fits your narrative for that post.

There are plenty of posters who dont back a team but the good ones base their opinions on subject knowledge. You have only what you read here and other message boards coupled with what I am sure is a little MAX Preps mixed in. You dont actually watch any of the games so its all just based on other peoples opinion.

The problem with making a statement like " 30 ppg is a glaring number" is that it takes nothing into account other than the number . How points were scored or in what context of the game is lost. The reality is that the speed and efficiency in which RC scores gives opponents more possessions and also forces them to play more aggressively. Giving up 30 pts to a team like Myers Park may very well be a better defensive effort than giving up half that to someone else. MP played the entire first half on the RC side of the field.......Only being down 21-13 was a huge defensive effort. All you see is the 21 pts.

Numbers tell a story but generally only a piece of the story. Your welcome to your opinion just like everyone else but since you dont actually have a " DOG" as you say.......I will just comment on your opinions.

You frustrate me not in the slightest. Opinions are fine and you go to lengths to tell everyone you have " no dog in the fight" The reality is you do have a dog....its just you get to vacillate back and forth and pick the dog that fits your narrative for that post.

There are plenty of posters who dont back a team but the good ones base their opinions on subject knowledge. You have only what you read here and other message boards coupled with what I am sure is a little MAX Preps mixed in. You dont actually watch any of the games so its all just based on other peoples opinion.

The problem with making a statement like " 30 ppg is a glaring number" is that it takes nothing into account other than the number . How points were scored or in what context of the game is lost. The reality is that the speed and efficiency in which RC scores gives opponents more possessions and also forces them to play more aggressively. Giving up 30 pts to a team like Myers Park may very well be a better defensive effort than giving up half that to someone else. MP played the entire first half on the RC side of the field.......Only being down 21-13 was a huge defensive effort. All you see is the 21 pts.

Numbers tell a story but generally only a piece of the story. Your welcome to your opinion just like everyone else but since you dont actually have a " DOG" as you say.......I will just comment on your opinions.
You know Wrigley, people like you believe an opinion isn't worthwhile unless one actually "sees" a game. It can help but often in seeing a game, one only sees what they want to see. In other words, biases, be they team, conference or regional biases come into play. So just because one sees a game doesn't mean their opinion is any more valid or better. It can help, but it's not the be all and end all. One can pick up information from sources and get a feel for a team or a game. And I pointed out to you, but you apparently don't care, there are sometimes reasons for not travelling some place. I did see the game with Richmond and Myers Park, just not in person. So get off of your arrogant, "you don't see any games" high horse. It has no validity. And yeah, I have no dog in the fight. That's why I can give on opinion on different teams as I'm not chained to the "fan" tree. But, if you wish, feel free, go right ahead and continue to comment Wrigley.

Last edited:
You know Wrigley, people like you believe an opinion isn't worthwhile unless one actually "sees" a game. It can help but often in seeing a game, one only sees what they want to see. In other words, biases, be they team, conference or regional biases come into play. So just because one sees a game doesn't mean their opinion is any more valid or better. It can help, but it's not the be all and end all. One can pick up information from sources and get a feel for a team or a game. And I pointed out to you, but you apparently don't care, there are sometimes reasons for not travelling some place. I did see the game with Richmond and Myers Park, just not in person. So get off of your arrogant, "you don't see any games" high horse. It has no validity. And yeah, I have no dog in the fight. That's why I can give on opinion on different teams as I'm not chained to the "fan" tree. But, if you wish, feel free, go right ahead and continue to comment Wrigley.

LMAO.....Actually watching a game is overrated. Gotcha, I think I remember Belichick or Saban saying that exact same thing. I heard Saban just goes on the SEC message boards to get a " feel" for those SEC teams.

Reactions: hodgesd13
LMAO.....Actually watching a game is overrated. Gotcha, I think I remember Belichick or Saban saying that exact same thing. I heard Saban just goes on the SEC message boards to get a " feel" for those SEC teams.
How’s your gum company doing Wrigley?

While you’re laughing, I didn’t say overated. I said it’s not the be all and end all. Let’s take a quiz about that, shall we Wrigley? Someone likes to watch different teams. They watch Vance against Hough. So what’s their perception of Vance? They see Vance only once and it’s the second game against Mallard Creek. What’s the perception
versus the first game, if they watched it. Another example, they only see Mallard Creek play Dutch Fork. What’s the perception? Or the only time they see Mallard Creek is in the loss to Vance. What’s the perception? The point Wrigley, is seeing a team can help, like I said, but it’s not the be all and end all. So while you’re LMAO, why don’t you try thinking once in a while instead of giving knee jerk reactions?

While you’re laughing, I didn’t say overated. I said it’s not the be all and end all. Let’s take a quiz about that, shall we Wrigley? Someone likes to watch different teams. They watch Vance against Hough. So what’s their perception of Vance? They see Vance only once and it’s the second game against Mallard Creek. What’s the perception
versus the first game, if they watched it. Another example, they only see Mallard Creek play Dutch Fork. What’s the perception? Or the only time they see Mallard Creek is in the loss to Vance. What’s the perception? The point Wrigley, is seeing a team can help, like I said, but it’s not the be all and end all. So while you’re LMAO, why don’t you try thinking once in a while instead of giving knee jerk reactions?

Gotcha....

Now... Mrhonda
If the Raiders are at an all time 4-0 against Vance, is this the hungry Vance that will break the code to advance forward past Richmond or is this another powerful Richmond that will continue the legacy into a 5-0 record?
Rich.jpg

Last edited:
Now... Mrhonda
If the Raiders are at an all time 4-0 against Vance, is this the hungry Vance that will break the code to advance forward past Richmond or is this another powerful Richmond that will continue the legacy into a 5-0 record?

He's probably decided WF will win now, since he changes his mind so often

He's probably decided WF will win now, since he changes his mind so often
I'm uncertain if Mrhonda will change his mind Mr. Hodgesd13. Mrhonda is pretty much straight forward sir. I know he is aware that Hood has a team full of many weapons and who could possibly stop all the weapons on Friday?

NOTE: I just hope the prosecutor representing Vance does not try to retaliate against the home team using the lights. If that is the case then Vance needs to keep Richmond from carrying the Rock to the house. :(
Rich.jpg

Last edited:
I'm uncertain if Mrhonda will change his mind Mr. Hodgesd13. Mrhonda is pretty much straight forward sir. I know he is aware that Hood has a team full of many weapons and who could possibly stop all the weapons on Friday?

NOTE: I just hope the prosecutor representing Vance does not try to retaliate against the home team using the lights. If that is the case then Vance needs to keep Richmond from carrying the Rock to the house. :(

Don't call me Mr. Mr.

Ladies and gentlemen,boys and girls and children of all ages! In a lil more than 24 hours Vance will be in Raider stadium. So get ya popcorn ready and bring ya boggans. Get set to watch the Raider train go against the powerful and fast Vance defense. Winner goes to the big dance..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT