ADVERTISEMENT

Vance-page/rocky river altercation

ForsythFootball

Nov 23, 2014
Lexington
Not sure why Vance would be placed against page in any sort but anyhow

A talented Charlotte Vance team was the focus on the Tarpley Stadium field for a good part of the evening, but not because of its strong play. The Cougars got into an altercation with Page at the end of their segment and the teams and coaches exchanged words. Then, after it was decided that Page and Vance would not shake hands before leaving the field, the Vance players confronted the players for Mint Hill Rocky River who were waiting on the sideline to take on Smith in the next segment and the teams had to be separated. After Vance failed to show up for the jamboree as scheduled in 2015 and tonight's incidents, don't be surprised if coach Aaron Brand's Cougars are not invited back next year.

Again like I said in other forums why are u and others blowing this up more than it was. No punches no shoving no altercation. Jus teams that have played and will play this up coming season. If were invited back? Come on guy really? Like I said in other forums it's been over hyped over analyzed and overblown, fake news if u asked me.

No class in Vance coaches.Not putting it all on the kids. But these grown ass coaches need a lesson on tact. Vance literally came across the field to provoke Rocky River. I wouldn't be surprised if Coach Davis invites them back. Like on Vance shirts says ALL GAS should be NO CLASS!

Hey man everyone knows Brand can coach. With that said everyone knows he has a nasty mouth. The coaches follow suit of the head, players follow the coaches. Its the culture there, this particular group he has now. Was a problem when they we're JV a few years ago, had alot of altercations at practice then. Problem never got fixed then, come on Brand almost fought a coach on time warner cable game 2 yrs ago against Hough. With a 6'6 his former d-line coach who played NFL ball. Brand will say anything to anyone during the moment. But when it comes to that smoke. Someway somehow people are there to break it up. Lol that he's that 1 dude once the fight over, and the other guys leaving. Blurt out "you better run". Lol... Man stop it. He can call plays thou.

Last edited:
The last time I was at a scrimmage where a fight broke out, I ran onto the field and got between the two opposing teams. I told everyone to breathe in deeply and get in touch with their 7 inner Chackras. What happened after that I don't remember because I got knocked out. :(

Reactions: Ben-Badd
I watched all this go down......

At the very end of the scrimmage, a Vance defensive player was trying to bring down a Page RB. He had him by both hands around the shoulder pads and was trying to control him. As the whistle blew, the Vance player was still trying to get him down and started slinging the player around. This went on for about at least another three seconds until they finally separated.

Page's coach got ticked, walked over, and said something to the Vance sideline. That upset the Vance coach and he started yelling back. Both coaching staffs started walking toward each other, yelling at each other. It could've gotten real ugly.

Fortunately, both teams got separated before it could get any worse. Originally, the next round was as scheduled: Dudley-Vance on one side of the game field....Page-WA on the other side, However, as a result of the tension, they moved the Page-WA scrimmage to the practice field. Smith and Rocky River took their place on the game field.

As Vance was switching sides of the field, Rocky River came walking in. RR started gravitating toward Vance and it started to get a little chippy. Now, to be honest, I wasn't sure what was going on here. I didn't know if RR was trying to get at Vance, or if they were teaming up with Vance trying to get at Page (who was on the other side of the fence right beside the visitor bleachers.)

I didn't know if there was bad blood between the two or not. I didn't think RR/Vance was a big rivalry (could be wrong though).

Last edited:
Reactions: 704CougarsDad
^^^^^^^point on. Rocky river n Vance started at heart of a champion. A few kids from both sides started back and forth and u saw a continuation of that. From what I was told a rocky river kid said "y'all taking an L this yr" and u know us were not gonna back down. But like I said it was something small that got blown out of proportion.

Didn't Vance try to get at Page last year with the same stuff before they got blown out?

The last time I was at a scrimmage where a fight broke out, I ran onto the field and got between the two opposing teams. I told everyone to breathe in deeply and get in touch with their 7 inner Chackras. What happened after that I don't remember because I got knocked out. :(
hahaha. I appreciate the advice.

The triad folks see it one way and the meck folks
seem to see it another way as a bystandard reading
through the various boards. Same as whatever occurred at last years playoff game.These things seem to be following Vance around though.

Vance has always been all sizzle no steak when it counts. Doesn't surprise me with a Brand led team.

Vance.......SMH.......The culture of that program continues to impress LOL...

Reading all these post, one common thread in each altercation was Vance was right in the middle of it all. Same ole Vance! Period

Reading all these post, one common thread in each altercation was Vance was right in the middle of it all. Same ole Vance! Period

Not promoting the issues with VAnce but if we are gonna talk about the issues then lets make sure we report it fully and not just in the pieces that support our opinion. This isnt just a Vance issue its an issue period. Way too much posturing and faux tough guy stuff going on before, during and after games.

With all this being said Vance this Vance that Vance culture but in the end others outside of Vance with an negative opinion doesn't matter. The culture that AB brought here that wasn't there b4 is a winning and competitive environment. You have kids that wouldn't of gave a damn and went down the wrong path the belief and chance to get a free education on the next level. So with all the screwed up culture u say we have 15 kids in the 17 class recieved scholarships 2 play on the next level with a quarter playing division 1. And not to mention what all he and admin did for mine with the support and love that many young black males r missing in their homes we come together as a family. A lot of dad's came together 2 buy stuff that other kids couldn't afford, opened our homes when kids needed a place 2 lay their heads and lend an ear when kids needed 2 n heard. So yes if we need 2 b tough on a Friday night were gonna lace up and strap on and bring the best we can bring. And like I said in the end all that matters is that ur brother is by ur side and the home base has ur back. ALL GAS NO BRAKES!!!

Yes Westside had to smack Vance in the mouth. Vance scored last td with 1 second on the clock. Against West Meck's 2nd group.

Great game by west meck were young and it showed, gotta get it right it's gonna b a long season if we don't.

Wow Vance! No Defense with numerous guys returning,,,,WTH?

Zeus is going to run for 500 yards against WM!

Wow Vance! No Defense with numerous guys returning,,,,WTH?

Zeus is going to run for 500 yards against WM!
You think? You wish he has a big day against us. Considering the numbers he gave y'all with 10 touches. He'll have a good game but we win big. Today only 1 of the Brown bros played. We go 5 wr we're scoring 60 on SC easy.

You think? You wish he has a big day against us. Considering the numbers he gave y'all with 10 touches. He'll have a good game but we win big. Today only 1 of the Brown bros played. We go 5 wr we're scoring 60 on SC easy.

Do yourself a favor. Stop making predictions . You look foolish. West Meck had a good day. I will be wearing my jersey with pride in 6 weeks when you buy it for me. Saw one today that said West Meck. Haters gonna Hate.

I would like that one.

You have been wrong about everything. Stop dreaming and being Stupid. There were over 10 plays against Vance, that Zamir would have taken to the house. As bad as Vance look, they were running on WM with no problem. White will have a big day and there is absolutely nothing they can do about it.

Both of the Brown brothers are one hit away from being out for the season. They might weigh 150 each? It's a long season, they better get in the weight room.

Last edited:

Stop saying we. You don't do shit but jump from team to team like a whore @ a brothel. So please stop with the we go 5 and we're scoring 60 crap. You trolled MC before the Scotland game and than turned on Scotland afterwards. You have absolutely zero credibility with anything related to football. STFU!

Last edited:
Stop saying we. You don't do shit but jump from team to team like a whore @ a brothel. So please stop with the we go 5 and we're scoring 60 crap. You trolled MC before the Scotland game and than turned on Scotland afterwards. You have absolutely zero credibility with anything related to football. STFU!
I never met a woman like you before"Nepsy7". Is that your real name or stripper name. Your feisty, calm down and get out your feelings. Your a Zamir man fan, be happy y'all won. S.C horrific defense and play calling gave y'all the game. Keep hating on Westside, we love it. Harding and West Meck pulled off great wins opening night.

I never met a woman like you before"Nepsy7". Is that your real name or stripper name. Your feisty, calm down and get out your feelings. Your a Zamir man fan, be happy y'all won. S.C horrific defense and play calling gave y'all the game. Keep hating on Westside, we love it. Harding and West Meck pulled off great wins opening night.

Harding is not a top 50 team in the State. Saw them last night. Just horrible and out of shape. Had players falling out because of cramps. It was in the low 70's with a breeze. They look like they were drawing up their plays in the dirt. Had 6 players that look like they were 8 months pregnant. Crouch will not play a down of rb in college. He is not a rb. Stay on defensive side of the ball. It's easy to run over a 150 lb LB with no calf muscles. Hough is worst than their 1st year of football and Harding struggled with them.

Last edited:
I never met a woman like you before"Nepsy7

Nope! You chickened out remember?

Yeah very young, I could sit here n make every excuse in the book but I'm not that kind of person in the end u gotta execute and we didn't. I bet AB will get in their butt next week and we will look better next week.i knew it was gonna b a slow process big learning lesson today.

Harding is not a top 50 team in the State. Saw them last night. Just horrible and out of shape. Had players falling out because of cramps. It was in the low 70's with a breeze. They look like they were drawing up their plays in the dirt. Had 6 players that look like they were 8 months pregnant. Crouch will not play a down of rb in college. He is not a rb. Stay on defensive side of the ball. It's easy to run over a 150 lb LB with no calf muscles. Hough is worst than their 1st year of football and Harding struggled with them.

Nepsy7, at the end of the day, these are still kids. Show some class

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT