ADVERTISEMENT

Vance is no more

This is why I said it would not go over well. Mr. Honda has shown his true colors. He was quick to mention black crime rates, abortion, and lack of father in the home, but didn;t ask himself why/how these things happened? From the beginning of America's existence the black man was marginalized by these very men who have these statues. Hell blacks didn't fully get the right to vote until 1965. This has effects even until this day.

The image white media portrayed of the black man as ignorant, angry, and a violent had a real effect on black life ceilings, and how they were interacted with. Its funny how black men were portrayed rapist of white women when in fact i was white men that did more raping of black women. But hey lets not let facts get in the way. You also had 4 republican presidents in Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and Bush that took pride in incarcerating black men right after the civil rights movement. You remember Nixon's Law and Order? Regans War on Drugs? aka War on Blacks? Bush Crime bills for cocaine vs. crack? These programs directly targeted black men taking them from their homes and incarcerated them. These same power brokers from the 60,70,80,90 have raised children on their values.

As for statues? They were set to be mental reminders to blacks that white people are still in control and even though the wars are over we still esteem them and their values, but we cant do it out right. But we will bring our children to them and educate them on how terrible blacks are behind closed doors. Then you have a president that loves playing the race card anytime he gets to try and place black people in their place. When was America Great? Riddle me that? Why should Bubba apologize again? Brings up gap in Aubrey tape, after he was stalked down and killed then called the N-word. Can you see why people are a little upset right now? People have been asking for name changes and removal of statues for years. This aint new.

Never one to argue with you as you have always represented yourself in an exceptional way but you sort of skipped a president in your list.....3 strikes? 1994? Federal money incentives for states passing tougher sentencing mandates??

Ring any bells??

Never one to argue with you as you have always represented yourself in an exceptional way but you sort of skipped a president in your list.....3 strikes? 1994? Federal money incentives for states passing tougher sentencing mandates??

Ring any bells??
Joe Biden....oh man. No comment

I'm tired of discussing these things based on race and the "woe is me" attitude of so many. I'm done!!!! Enjoy the season, if there is one. Can't even respond correctly in your eyes!!!!!
Again I'm not saying ur wrong or all this is BS. Every culture has modern day issues...but I jus cant get pass the foundation of all that was built on and I jus cant get past that. America has a treacherous foundation...I love my country dearly and cant see myself living anywhere else...so all this broken foundation needs to b fixed. Thank you for your observations tho.

Ring any bells??
Oh yeah! Mr I did not have sex with that woman. He loaded up the Prison’s with people of color, while we cheered him on. I was guilty of that.

I have a different opinion on the symbols. I see a lot of window dressing with some of these moves. The Black National Anthem at games - I'm not sure what that does to help people as an example. I don't want the real issues that exist to get lost in a bunch of removals on things that really don't matter a damn to the majority of Black Americans if they were asked. I want substantive changes that matter. See I'm not one big on false apologies and actions that don't make material changes. I know hate when I see it and it comes from all races but what I don't understand with some folks is that you can't take 400 plus years of restrictive access/oppression and say ok it's all good now. Are there serious issues in some of the black communities yes and there are bad folks in the community who do things that are not representative of the race at large - same goes for white folks. What I try to get people to understand is that the black community that I'm associated with wants to be left the f - alone and just be treated like their white counterparts. They are not looking for handouts or a free ride. If folks would get past the noise and look at the facts which is very hard in this country there could be solutions that would make this country much better. Some folks say when will it be enough and the answer is simple when the vast majority of people in positions of power eliminate systematic racism in education, housing, employment and banking it will be over. We all have probably been helped or met someone from the opposite race that has helped you alone the way and more times than not they did it because they knew what type of person you were. The problem today is there is this idea either you are in my camp or you are my enemy. What is happening in America is beyond race just look at the tv I see people of all ages and races. This is not just about race it's about equality and fairness for women, LGBTQ community, Immigrants and the poor. So if you think its only black and white you are missing the picture. There is a reckoning taken place and a lot of folks are afraid that their role and status in society will be diminished and that is something many will fight to hold on to no matter how ugly they have to get.
Best post.

First, you don’t know me. Second, you claim anyone who doesn’t follow your narrative is ignorant. Third, I’m not angry at all. Frustrated, that there’s only one narrative that seems to come into play here. Nepsy anyone who doesn’t agree with you, you seem to think they’re ignorant. I’ve seen the same thing from you, over and over from football posts. Being this comment came from you, I’m ignoring it as coming from someone who thinks he knows it all and has no clue.

Thought you were done?

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
Some great dialogue from some obviously well informed posters not just about football but also about life. I have enjoyed reading it.

I think its important to point out that there has been an amazing amount of progress made over the last half century. Progress made because multiple races have come together to try and do the best they can to correct some of the sins of the past.

Good enough?? Not even close but I see real determination in this generation. Devilmac is 100% correct though......cant allow the narrative to get lost in the minutae. Progress begins and ends with legislation. Symbols matter but this moment gets lost if all we end up with is a few names changed and statues torn down.

Want to really dig your teeth into something. Look hard at attempts at voter suppression. Alot of the battle gets won or lost there.

While the virus, and all this political stuff is going on were still working. Whether were called Vance or whatever the name change were still working

Reactions: bigdadd11103
First, you don’t know me. Second, you claim anyone who doesn’t follow your narrative is ignorant. Third, I’m not angry at all. Frustrated, that there’s only one narrative that seems to come into play here. Nepsy anyone who doesn’t agree with you, you seem to think they’re ignorant. I’ve seen the same thing from you, over and over from football posts. Being this comment came from you, I’m ignoring it as coming from someone who thinks he knows it all and has no clue.
If everyone agreed with each other, there wouldn’t be football threads. That’s what usually happens. I know this, and except this. It has nothing to do with supporting someone’s narrative. If you feel ignorant, that’s on you. I have no control over that. I have a problem with people who set in the stands preaching and giving advice, while doing absolutely nothing. I don’t have all the answers, but I put in the work. There’s not a kid in the State I wouldn’t attempt to assist, if I can help. There’s a few people on here, I don’t agree with often, but at the end of the Day, it’s a football thread. You can’t take things personally. You have a history when people don’t agree with you, you take your ball and run home. I appreciate you’re sticking around.

Reactions: Kylar2018
Mr. Honda you really do have an issue with blacks. Really appreciate your position though because some will hide it. But you are out front with it. You are the I have a black friend guy, when you really dont deal with blacks in any everyday fashion. Every black person you mentioned were typically republicans and had conservative views. But you didn't mention all of their opinions just ones that fit your agenda. The fact that you wont listen but want to defend shows the problem. Its the white superiority complex. The fix your problem before you say something to me complex. Most of the violence problems in black communities are direct results of policies set in place by republican presidents, and systemic racism. Should t be addressed? Yes it should and it will. The awareness going on right now is shining a light on a myriad of issues which is good.

Wow Mr Honda....just wow. Have been reading your posts about football in the Charlotte area for what it seems like damn near a decade. Seemed like a great numbers guy that gave us a analytical point of view. From Carolinavarsity, carolinapreps, to this site. All of that goes out the window honestly. I have a good memory and I think I can recall you stating your or spouse are educators here in the Charlotte area some years ago. People like you are partly the reason to why black people cant voice concerns about what is happening without hearing the bitching and moaning for disturbing your day to day normalcy. Your normal is black peoples’ everyday nightmare.

Saw where there is also a movement underway in Wayne County to rename Charles B Aycock High School (3A).

Aycock name has already been removed from a dorm at ECU.

Charles B Aycock Middle School and Aycock Ave were renamed in Greensboro back in 2017.

Some of these big time private schools in South Charlotte were founded by individuals who wanted to avoid racial integration in the 1970s. Many of the current students had parents and grandparents that attended or sent their kids there at the time. Those schools have a interesting history when it pertains to race in our Charlotte community that many are not aware of either.

Based on your comments Honda, I wouldn’t want my child being taught by your wife. Maybe I’m wrong. Good thing not to many black kids attend the school she teaches at. Feel sorry for the ones that do. Perfect example of why you can not rely on your oppressor to educate you.

Mr. Honda you really do have an issue with blacks. Really appreciate your position though because some will hide it. But you are out front with it. You are the I have a black friend guy, when you really dont deal with blacks in any everyday fashion. Every black person you mentioned were typically republicans and had conservative views. But you didn't mention all of their opinions just ones that fit your agenda. The fact that you wont listen but want to defend shows the problem. Its the white superiority complex. The fix your problem before you say something to me complex. Most of the violence problems in black communities are direct results of policies set in place by republican presidents, and systemic racism. Should t be addressed? Yes it should and it will. The awareness going on right now is shining a light on a myriad of issues which is good.

Sorry- Just too easy to plug this into a blue/red narrative. The last 40 years has seen exactly half of them under Democratic control. Clinton ran on " get tough on crime" and it was a softer version of the now infamous words of 45 " LAW AND ORDER. " Expansion of the death penalty- 100,000 more police officers- Get tough sentencing mandates incentivized with federal money for the states. Led to mass incarcerations of huge portions of black youth. The genesis of many of today's issues with law enforcement are born from that legislation.

In addition- demonize Trump and the R's all day. They certainly have earned it but lets remember this. Black turnout down 7% from 2012 to 2016 - Nearly 800,000 less voting. Down 8% in NC. 90,000 votes swung Mich, Penn, Wisc- Not hard to do that math.

Decisions get made by those who show up. Tear down statues, kneel at football games and re-name some schools but if you dont show up on 11-3-2020 these last 4 years will look like a picnic.

You don't know her. You haven't talked to her. So, no, your statement should not stand!! Your making freaking assumptions like everyone else on here. All yall know how to do is attack. You want me to be understanding. How many of you have asked why I posted what I did? No one. How many of you have asked my background. No one. How many of you have asked me what I discovered growing up in segregated Richmond, Virginia in the 50s and 60s. Not a damn one of you!!!!! But, you expect me to be totally understanding and research, when you aren't even taking the damn time to get to know someone from whom you've only seen typed words (which aren't always the best form of communication). You haven't even asked what types of students she's taught. You'd be surprised. So please don't come on here and lecture me about not being understanding and judgmental, when most of you guys here are the exact same way.

I appreciate the offer, but I don't think my end of the conversation would be taken too well. It doesn't fit the current narrative many are pushing

Those are your words above. So please stop playing the victim! You really don’t want to have a conversation outside of social media.

Well I could see these schools changing names in the future

Ronald Reagan - let the apartheid in South Africa go too long and also did not do anything for the AIDS community in the 80;s. So as things go that school in on the block

Any school named John F Kennedy- was a womanizer and had multiple affairs on his wife. For sure not a good role model for any school and will soon be removed

Any school named Martin Luther King- liked hookers and well that falls into the sex trafficking trade. Thats a no no and will offend people

Now my question is when does it stop?? Should we remove confederate monuments sure, should names of schools halls or gyms be changed because the names were of men who were racist or Klan members yes. Those are terrible things that has happened in our history but in 50 years the things that I pointed out in the schools above might be as well. So we need to be careful because what is not offensive today very well be tomorrow

Say what? I’m not commenting on this one.

Ring any bells??

Didn;t skip anyone. Bill tried to outshine his predecessors and came up with one of the biggest crime bills that incarcerated blacks. NO doubt about it. My point was the subject coded messaging that was used by those listed to attack blacks, black men in particular. Similar to the statues. The subject messaging used to enslave one mentally. What Bill Clinton did was the nail in the coffin and the biggest threat to black men. He has apologized but to me its not enough. The point was subject messaging like MAGA. Make America White Again is what it stands for. We're not stupid. Asked when America was great Trump said 40s, 50s. aka when Blacks couldnt vote, Jim Crow Era, majority whites in sports, segregated schools, blacks in degrading and lower class lives. SO surely you get the point that was being made.

Sorry- Just too easy to plug this into a blue/red narrative. The last 40 years has seen exactly half of them under Democratic control. Clinton ran on " get tough on crime" and it was a softer version of the now infamous words of 45 " LAW AND ORDER. " Expansion of the death penalty- 100,000 more police officers- Get tough sentencing mandates incentivized with federal money for the states. Led to mass incarcerations of huge portions of black youth. The genesis of many of today's issues with law enforcement are born from that legislation.

In addition- demonize Trump and the R's all day. They certainly have earned it but lets remember this. Black turnout down 7% from 2012 to 2016 - Nearly 800,000 less voting. Down 8% in NC. 90,000 votes swung Mich, Penn, Wisc- Not hard to do that math.

Decisions get made by those who show up. Tear down statues, kneel at football games and re-name some schools but if you dont show up on 11-3-2020 these last 4 years will look like a picnic.

Blue and Gold you know why blacks didn;t show up? Because we had a wishy-washy candidate whose husband is a pedophile. Not a pusher of dem or republicans. Its a fact that those republican presidents own words in regards to blacks were very harmful. Nixon's aides are on tape disparaging blacks., Reagan's own words disparaging blacks. Bush and Willie Horton. Hillary lost the election because she wasn;t believable. As mush as Trump says or does he stands firm on it like him or hate him. HIllary and the comments on Obama during the prior presidential race, the superpredator comments, and assuming all blacks would run out and support her did her in. Told folks well before the election she would lose. She just not likable and her husband is a rapist.

I like Davidson County’s policy of no longer allowing schools to be named after people, living or dead. There is just too much scrutiny. There are a few schools in Davidson County named after people, Ledford, Davis-Townsend, E.Lawson Brown, Stoner-Thomas...

That being said, there are some fields, stadiums and courts that might some day need to be changed due to the behavior of their namesakes... Who knows what may come to light one day?

My favorite statue removal is in the link below... It’s hard to argue a removal when the family of the “honored” shows up to condone its removal.. Josephus Daniels. A real historical turd.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article243559272.html

Besides him being a nut? James David Manning had a cult church in Red Springs, NC, that went into foreclosure. He Hates Homosexuals!
If you believe anything he says, you also have to believe that George W. Bush and his Father had anal sex with a 100 men. (He said that) He also said Obama had a love child, and he shot the Mother outside the White House. He said Ben Carson was a Demon. In 2014 he said that Obama & Vladimir Putin would be outed as gay within a 100 days. There’s so much more. The guy would make Jim Jones look like Billy Graham. Lmao!

I can only say, if you’re going to find these nuts and use them as props. Please! Please! Do your research 1st. IJS!

Last edited:
Blue and Gold you know why blacks didn;t show up? Because we had a wishy-washy candidate whose husband is a pedophile. Not a pusher of dem or republicans. Its a fact that those republican presidents own words in regards to blacks were very harmful. Nixon's aides are on tape disparaging blacks., Reagan's own words disparaging blacks. Bush and Willie Horton. Hillary lost the election because she wasn;t believable. As mush as Trump says or does he stands firm on it like him or hate him. HIllary and the comments on Obama during the prior presidential race, the superpredator comments, and assuming all blacks would run out and support her did her in. Told folks well before the election she would lose. She just not likable and her husband is a rapist.

Then bring better candidates to the table both for the presidential run and across the ballot. BLM wants change? Great...who are their candidates? What are they running on?? Dont waste the moment.

I support BLM in concept if not in full verse and text but they lack coherent leadership. The Confederate Flag stuff is the easy part, largely a niche issue for a small portion of the southern population most of which couldnt tell you where The Battle of Bull Run was if you paid them $100.

The right to vote was fought for on the backs of patriots. Blood was spilled and lives were lost. Depressing when people dont even bother to show up and exercise that right.

This guy is not in touch with reality. The Hodge Twins are notorious MAGA hat Republicans and well known coons to the black community. And as said b4 Rev Manning is a nutjob. I'm posting valued receipts and documentation and you are posting people's opinions and viewpoints. If you need anymore with this viewpoint check out Candace Owen's, Terry Crews, Larry Elder, Ben Carson. And the kicker candace Owen's filed a racial discrimination claim back in the day!!! Proof that these people u post for are nutjobs.

Last edited:
This guy is not in touch with reality. The Hodge Twins are notorious Republicans and well known coons to the black community. And as said b4 Rev Manning is a nutjob. I'm posting valued receipts and documentation and you are posting people's opinions and viewpoints.
It’s getting down right embarrassing! Explain this? Almost 40 million African Americans in the US, and they believe 6 people represent the entire race. It’s like me asking one of my white friends to explain these nut jobs shooting up schools. How the hell, would they know? I’m so glad my parents introduced my brothers and I to different cultures and races growing up. German, Japanese, Panamanian, Latin, White, Vietnamese you name it. They were in our home, and still life long friendships, until this day. I can call them on the phone and have in-depth conversations with them about anything. Some people need to step out of their comfort zone and meet new people. We have more in common than we think. Get off google, and stop believing these stereotypes in the media, and have live conversations. Nothing more rewarding than having great conversations with people from different cultures and races. You’ll look at the world different, and have a better understanding with what’s going on in the world.

Last edited:
What are your guys thoughts on Malcolm X when he talks about the White Liberal. It sounded a lot like what is still happening today.
"They use integration for infiltration," even tho I'm not Muslim or agree with some of the extremists views...Malcolm X spoke a lot of truth with this 1. Difference between BLM movement and the group.

It’s getting down right embarrassing! Explain this? Almost 40 million African Americans in the US, and they believe 6 people represent the entire race. It’s like me asking one of my white friends to explain these nut jobs shooting up schools. How the hell, would they know? I’m so glad my parents introduced my brothers and I to different cultures and races growing up. German, Japanese, Panamanian, Latin, White, Vietnamese you name it. They were in our home, and still life long friendships, until this day. I can call them on the phone and have in-depth conversations with them about anything. Some people need to step out of their comfort zone and meet new people. We have more in common than we think. Get off google, and stop believing these stereotypes in the media, and have live conversations. Nothing more rewarding than having great conversations with people from different cultures and races. You’ll look at the world different, and have a better understanding with what’s going on in the world.

Nepsy, I can't answer for others, but I certainly don't believe 6 people out of almost 40 million African Americans in the US, represent the whole race. But, I shared what I shared, about the viewpoint from Myles Munroe and others, only to show there are other viewpoints. I appreciate the fact you were raised with and had the experiences you've had. I'm sure it helps and definitely shaped your viewpoint now.

Unfortunately, I was raised in a home, in Richmond, Virginia, with much prejudice. I embarrassingly admit that I heard the "n" word often growing up. Fortunately, I spent time in the Air Force with people of all races. By God's grace I'm improving, though nowhere near where I need to be. So, show some grace to this old guy. I'm still learning and always will be probably. From my background, is when I said what I said in my first post on this topic. Even though monuments are coming down, as admittedly they probably should, like I said, people in Richmond, though I haven't lived there for 30 years, are still fighting the civil war.

I let emotions take over some, so I apologize to any of you guys who were offended by my posts. But, like CougarsDad said, I guess sometimes in emotionally charged times like this, it's sometimes best to say nothing...regardless of viewpoint. Things can get just too inflamed now.

If I sat down and talked person to person with you, if we could have a discussion, you'd see I'm not against blacks as much as you think. I just think that everyone, white, black, hispanic, asian, Indian, native Americans all deserve the chance to move up in life. It's not going to help them, having to think of themselves as a victim. And don't think the victimhood mentality is limited to black folks. White folks have it too. If I'm not careful, I can fall into that mentality.

Nepsy, I haven't discounted or dismissed your offer to meet. I'm still pondering. Hopefully, it would do some good.

Last edited:
Reactions: nepsy7
I wasn't going to post anymore regarding this topic, but felt I needed to after your comment. I'm not addressing the issue directly but CougarsDad, your viewpoint. This is the problem I see in society. People like yourself, correct me if I'm wrong, who come from a more liberal viewpoint, automatically assume that people like Ben Carson, Candice Owens, and others who are more conservative, are nut jobs and shouldn't be heard. That's my assumption. If my assumption is incorrect, I apologize and please correct me.

Thus, regardless of the issue, tearing down of monuments, renaming schools, how to run local, state or national government, or whatever other issue is the issue of the day, those two viewpoints pretty much always react the same way...either ignore, consider them a nutcase or dismiss or "cancel" them. Don't think I'm picking on liberals, as conservatives do the same thing.

So, CougarsDad, I've come to discover that no matter what I posted, because I come from a more conservative viewpoint, you wouldn't accept it and others on this board, who have the same viewpoint as you, wouldn't accept it either, if your beliefs and perceptions lead to automatically dismissing someone who doesn't share the same view, as a nutjob. Not a good way to have true and honest discussion. This is why this country is so divided. Each side isn't wiling to compromise on anything. Each side doesn't even want to truly listen to the other's viewpoint.

So, tell me, I'll ask you like I've asked others. People like Dr. Carson, who is successful, Candice Owens, or someone who wears a MAGA hat, should automatically be dismissed? If so, why? Should someone like Barrack Obama be automatically dismissed by conservatives? If so, why? The answer is no on both counts.
Let's get a cpl things 1st...I'm neither Republican or Democrat...I do not affiliate with either party...I am a realist because both try to separate and divide for their own individual agenda and screw the average man in the long run. I have no problem if u believe a certain type of way but when u retort views of certain people who have questionable backgrounds like candace Owen's or Ben Carson that sprew SWS alt right rhetoric yes I'm going to call it out and debunk it. Also jus because I feel a certain way dont think I'm being "influenced" by another group or white people are influencing me like I'm not smart enough so some white person is behind it. That's an insult to think we cant have our own mind to think for ourselves. Again u have a right to ur own opinions its ur uncredited receipts that get my attention.

Mr. Honda, your mindset is the issue. Not once did you try and empathize or see why a person has or maintains a certain position. You just dig in on your position and then try to justify it, without seeing the issue. Using Candice Owens, or Ben Carson as a representative is like us using David Duke, or Dylan Roof as examples of conservatives. You are using the extreme minority example.

They are popular with conservatives because they are the extreme example and are willing to say things conservatives wish they can say but cant. Candace Owens blasted Trump, was one of his biggest critics when she was an unknown. She then jumped on the band wagon when she got paid by him. She said George Floyd was not a good person and shouldn't be a martyr. she missed the entire point that the guy was killed by police brutality, and an officer sitting on him an excessive amount of time. She couldn't even see George as a living person. This is the same attitude you have. You just can't see blacks as living, respectable people in America. In your mind you really wish we would mind our on business, conform or go back to Africa if you are honest with yourself. Its the same people that said Obama was the devil, anti-christ, Muslim, not experienced, not a citizen, going to destroy America, and made his life a living hell. But in reality he was a family man, one wife and the self made American success story conservatives rave about. Then you have rapist Trump, draft dodger trump, multi affair trump, bad business man trump, multi sexual assault accusation trump, multi wife trump, multi kids from different women trump, fire anyone that disagrees with you Trump, but he is the model for conservative views? That's not liberal vs. conservative. That's moral vs. Immoral. Anyone that honestly supports that type of person and their overt racist views is crazy to me. Mit Romney, John McCain, Rubio, Kaisch, Bush were all honorable men in my opinion and if eitehr had won we wouldnt; be as divided as a nation.

Think if you actually met many of the posters just in this thread you'd be surprised at what you would find. Company execs, risk managers, high level thinkers, with high affluence and guess what we are black.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT