ADVERTISEMENT

Vance D

Eaglesfan56

Aug 17, 2019
I’ve been living in Charlotte NC for 7 years now. We moved here from ATL. I have never seen a Defense likes Vance since the old Norcross teams out of Atl. Speed Speed and more Speed. I was really impressed watching the highlights. I’ve seen Vance play once live and they beat MC 13 to 7. They way they tackle and run to the ball is a thing of beauty to see. I’m old school and I love hard hitting defenses like Vance. Talked with a parent at the MC game and they told the DC has been at Vance for some time now. Why didn’t he get an opportunity before this?. I remember reading about the old Vance DC and how great he was, but this guy seem much better. They seem to blitz allot more then last year and play allot more coverages. I went to the MP game las year and thought mp should’ve won but the never ran the ball. Vance D last year was much more vanilla compared to now. The MC game I saw 7 all over the back end giving Noller hard reads. They do a good job of mixing up coverages. To go on the road and only give up 21 in the west is beyond impressive! Read where someone should look at this guy for a Head Job. Totally agree! If you want to win championship take a picture out of the Vance book. Fast aggressive Defense!

I’ve been living in Charlotte NC for 7 years now. We moved here from ATL. I have never seen a Defense likes Vance since the old Norcross teams out of Atl. Speed Speed and more Speed. I was really impressed watching the highlights. I’ve seen Vance play once live and they beat MC 13 to 7. They way they tackle and run to the ball is a thing of beauty to see. I’m old school and I love hard hitting defenses like Vance. Talked with a parent at the MC game and they told the DC has been at Vance for some time now. Why didn’t he get an opportunity before this?. I remember reading about the old Vance DC and how great he was, but this guy seem much better. They seem to blitz allot more then last year and play allot more coverages. I went to the MP game las year and thought mp should’ve won but the never ran the ball. Vance D last year was much more vanilla compared to now. The MC game I saw 7 all over the back end giving Noller hard reads. They do a good job of mixing up coverages. To go on the road and only give up 21 in the west is beyond impressive! Read where someone should look at this guy for a Head Job. Totally agree! If you want to win championship take a picture out of the Vance book. Fast aggressive Defense!
It's all old man Aldridge's baby he sat down his 1st preseason n instilled a new defense and gave them all the playbook Hack is jus expanded with guys that have been there 2 n 3 yrs in the system. Power been in it since he was a freshman. Hack bring youthful juice that the old man didnt.

Reactions: Veejay4

Lot of reasons coaches dont progress in their careers. Most times it has little to do with coaching ability

Reactions: btango
2004 Indy defense is right there if not better.

Both teams liked to man up with their DBs and bring it with the LBs. Not sure but Indy may have had more size while Vance has the quickness in the front seven.

Indy, like Vance, was really good from front to back! The offense scored so fast and so often they were on the field a lot. The first team D gave up hardly any TDs that year. Specialties gave up a few or put them in a bad position a few times. Every starter on Indy D (and O) played college football except one that ended up in prison. He was a beast on the DL. One player signed with Western Carolina but died that spring in a rec softball game from a massive heart attack.

This Vance team has went against some great offenses. I think the best high school player from either team is definitely off this squad.

Mallard Creek has had some defenses that were stout! Butler had a few good ones, too.

Last edited:
If the receivers cannot get quick separation it is over. Do not see anyone running it successfully against them for four quarters. It nearly has to be a read type play that is a quick hitter. Dragging it out or delaying sideline to sideline is a no go.

The Creek had a lot of success running straight up the middle at them on spread formation, but insisted on throwing the ball.....smh!

Two questions:

What year did Brand arrive at Vance? And what year did this current D coordinator arrive at Vance? I know Vance has moved on to Irmo in South Carolina now.

Two questions:

What year did Brand arrive at Vance? And what year did this current D coordinator arrive at Vance? I know Vance has moved on to Irmo in South Carolina now.

Brand was 2014. Aldridge, the previous DC, came in 2017. He got the current seniors as sophomores.

Last edited:
The Creek had a lot of success running straight up the middle at them on spread formation, but insisted on throwing the ball.....smh!

MC was my choice to run the table all season. One team could have beat them and they did.

In the first game they struggled the first 2.5 quarters running it and they are loaded on the OL, receiver, RB, and a very good QB. Thought a lot of that was MC D kept stopping Vance keeping their D on the field. I can assure you I would have spread it out and alternated the backs with a lot of emphasis on Simpson. Not only did they go pass but Simpson only ran the ball once I was told.

Reactions: nepsy7
2014 was when we came over. We were told Vance always had talent but couldnt put it together til Brand came in. Then was told we could never win in the clutch or the big one....hopefully Saturday we can change that

I was told by a MC insider that prior to Brand coming the Vance coaching was very questionable.

The feeder school for Vance is James Martin Middle. They went undefeated 9 years in a row. 98% of those kids went to Vance and played on teams a little above 500 ball until Brand arrived. The HC & AD for those teams at James Martin Middle is retired and currently on staff at Vance as a Volunteer

Last edited:
Reactions: L Boog
The feeder school for Vance is James Martin Middle. They went undefeated 9 years in a row. 98% of those kids went to Vance and played on teams a little above 500 ball until Brand arrived. The HC & AD for those teams at James Martin Middle is retired and currently on staff at Vance as a Volunteer
Coach Ricky Clarke

I mentioned this in another thread. I do not know if it will work but Vance is not very big and running right at them might be the best option.

I mentioned this in another thread. I do not know if it will work but Vance is not very big and running right at them might be the best option.

West Forsyth tried and frankly so did Richmond. The problem Port is to be able to go 60-70 yards like that your Oline has to be able to get 2nd level and you have to be penalty free....They are so fast they draw tons of holding penalties and LB's are downhill very fast.

Reactions: btango
Man like I tell everyone the key is Vance O vs Leesville D and turnovers. We cant have sloppy play

Man like I tell everyone the key is Vance O vs Leesville D and turnovers. We cant have sloppy play

I agree 100%. It is an absolute given that your not getting much on the Vance defense. Maybe 2 or 3 legitimate scoring chances. Really comes down to whether your defense can play lights out. If you can keep it in the teens you got a shot. Thats how MC beat them and how Wake beat them last year. Its silly to think your gonna score much

I agree 100%. It is an absolute given that your not getting much on the Vance defense. Maybe 2 or 3 legitimate scoring chances. Really comes down to whether your defense can play lights out. If you can keep it in the teens you got a shot. Thats how MC beat them and how Wake beat them last year. Its silly to think your gonna score much
From what I seen on film they play a bend dont break Defense with 4 high. DBs were like 20 yards off the WR so my guess is they will not want to give up the big play over the top n keep us in front of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT