ADVERTISEMENT

VANCE AT RICHMOND

I took the rest of the weekend to digest what I witnessed Friday night when Vance came to Raider stadium. The word that kept popping up in my head was Wow, no I mean F*&^&* WOW. That defense was unbelievable, film does not do them justice. The physicality and intensity were as expected. But the speed was WOW. Some commented on run different plays... the plays worked they just didn't work long enough. Cant tell you how many times i thought it would be 2nd and 5 or 6 only to learn it was actually 2nd & 9. Blocks were made, holes were open and then .....not. Vance as a team is well coached, prepared, and play the game the right way. No BS chest thumping, finger pointing, excessive trashing talking, etc.... they, like 704 said, came in on a mission and commenced to whipping our ass. They play with emotion and celebrate with their teammates. I thought our D played lights out in the 1st 1/2, Offense was moving the ball and had some success but the 2nd half was men vs boys. You could definitely tell my Raiders haven't been on the big stage in a while and Vance had been there done that. Great job to the Raiders who gained some valuable experience moving forward. Good luck to Vance and enjoy the run.

Completely agree with who ever said every high school kid should get to play in an environment like that at least once. Love them or hate them the Raiders always add to the excitement of the playoffs.

Agree 100 % with what you said

I hope the raiders coaching staff and players do not hold their heads down because they done great this year and have nothing to hold their head down about.
I have never been more proud to be a raider fan then I am now it is not because of a winning season ,
it is because between the coaching staff and the great leadership that this team has had and the things that they have done for this community .

Example : what they would do on Fridays when they had home games for the Elementary kids that made their days
That raider link really has help the community link together like never before!

I took the rest of the weekend to digest what I witnessed Friday night when Vance came to Raider stadium. The word that kept popping up in my head was Wow, no I mean F*&^&* WOW. That defense was unbelievable, film does not do them justice. The physicality and intensity were as expected. But the speed was WOW. Some commented on run different plays... the plays worked they just didn't work long enough. Cant tell you how many times i thought it would be 2nd and 5 or 6 only to learn it was actually 2nd & 9. Blocks were made, holes were open and then .....not. Vance as a team is well coached, prepared, and play the game the right way. No BS chest thumping, finger pointing, excessive trashing talking, etc.... they, like 704 said, came in on a mission and commenced to whipping our ass. They play with emotion and celebrate with their teammates. I thought our D played lights out in the 1st 1/2, Offense was moving the ball and had some success but the 2nd half was men vs boys. You could definitely tell my Raiders haven't been on the big stage in a while and Vance had been there done that. Great job to the Raiders who gained some valuable experience moving forward. Good luck to Vance and enjoy the run.

Completely agree with who ever said every high school kid should get to play in an environment like that at least once. Love them or hate them the Raiders always add to the excitement of the playoffs.
We are far from that it starts from the top back with Aaron Brand now Ferebee and Carlos Richardson the AD started this program with a hard nose tough personality. I remember a few yrs back people had the nerve to call us thugs etc etc..that's not us yes if u start with us we will bite back i.e the Page,/Rocky river situation back at the Dudley jamboree a few yrs ago. On a whole were try 2 have young men who may have tough situations at home, we try to instill a family environment with positive men giving young black males the drive to change their family lineage. We already know people are going to think that way about so we try 2 jus do us go in get the job done and go home. They kids were looking forward to going to play at Raider stadium man..they soaked all that environment up! We respect RC man yall have a great program, Till is doing a great job...do whatever can to keep him because someone will throw the bank to steal him away!!

Congrats to Richmond on a great season. No dumb posts or throwing shade. Yall have a great team and will b a squad to reckon with next yr!

704, I have to say, that you have been as gracious a poster throughout this past year, as I've seen on NCpreps. Unlike me, you haven't put up any dumb posts or the likes that I've seen. Just facts and logical observations and opinions. I'm the one that put up the "MP shouldn't have stomped on the star" post, which was uncalled for. I live in Raleigh and grew up in Charlotte, graduating from Garinger High in 1970. I have followed HS football ever since and became a Raider faithful in 1998. Been to many of their games even though its 250 mile round trip.

I have to say this Vance team has the best defense I've seen since Bobby Poss's 1999 A.C. Reynolds team. Good luck to the cougars this weekend!!

Best-
Paul Raider Fan

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
Great highlights. I don’t think any NC team will win a 4aa championship going forward without an elite defense, unless all these programs are in an off year...not going to happen. The programs that get it will understand that. Defense can make up for a lot of things and save your ace on a bad night. Period!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT