ADVERTISEMENT

VANCE AT RICHMOND

I get what you are saying MC is good
But MC and MP gets all the credit in Charlotte Vance doesn’t
It happens when u have kids like Trenton Simpson and Maye who are dynamic players on offense u tend to get looked over. Plus we dont usually play our best to playoffs either. Its understandable.

Vance was by far the better team. Their QB was by far the best Qb on the field. 1 and 5 on defense was unstoppable. Good luck next week but I don't think you need it.

Our offence playcalling was absoulutly terrible tonight not that we could do anythig but you CAN NOT run up the middle time after time!!! Congrats to Vance you wanted it more!!!!! go get you a state title!!!

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
Great year Richmond Raiders! I have really enjoyed watching this team and it has been fun. This bracket was awesome.

Congratulations Vance! I prefer to leave the field knowing we were beat by a better team if we don’t win. Vance left no doubt there. Very impressive on both sides of the ball. I like that QB too. Offense and Defense both did a great job. The only thing we ask since you came down and beat us is to go get that title! You guys are on a mission and played like it.

Our offence playcalling was absoulutly terrible tonight not that we could do anythig but you CAN NOT run up the middle time after time!!! Congrats to Vance you wanted it more!!!!! go get you a state title!!!
The play calling was the same as it been all season. We wasn't getting nothing in the middle, the outside, and Caleb had no time at all. It wasn't play calling it was Vance was better.

Hood is spectacular but it's only so much u can do when we legitimately have 7-8 D1 players on defense, and Echols is the reigning NC defensive player of the yr. Man they are jus too good. Ferebee knew it was going to take the offense some time and for Greer to finally get it....hes got it.

Reactions: L Boog
I believed Vance could hold Richmond to seven. When I mentioned Mallard Creek in a post regarding the best teams in the state I was chastised. I knew if Vance could hold MC to such low scoring games they could do so with RC because MC was that good(!). I never expected Vance to roll up and down the field on RC. Vance's QB has improved so much since the first MC game it is absolutely unreal.

Kudos to the kicker from Vance. I did not remember him being anywhere near that solid!

Vance O line stepped it up in the second half!

From front to back the Vance D is awesome. Containing Hood is unreal but part of that was the work the DBs did on the RC receivers who I have major respect for. Raider D was causing major havoc and winning the battle upfront in the first half.

Finally! Vance decided to throw to the backs.

8 and 18 are hard to handle. A lot of quicks and speed plus they play the ball hard.

I believed Vance could hold Richmond to seven. When I mentioned Mallard Creek in a post regarding the best teams in the state I was chastised. I knew if Vance could hold MC to such low scoring games they could do so with RC because MC was that good(!). I never expected Vance to roll up and down the field on RC. Vance's QB has improved so much since the first MC game it is absolutely unreal.

Kudos to the kicker from Vance. I did not remember him being anywhere near that solid!

Vance O line stepped it up in the second half!

From front to back the Vance D is awesome. Containing Hood is unreal but part of that was the work the DBs did on the RC receivers who I have major respect for. Raider D was causing major havoc and winning the battle upfront in the first half.

Finally! Vance decided to throw to the backs.

8 and 18 are hard to handle. A lot of quicks and speed plus they play the ball hard.
Dont forget no 12 Donta Armstrong is a legit D1 TE and committed to UNCC.We don't send him out because hes such a great blocker and helps that O line. I have a feeling hes going 2 b used a lot more this Saturday especially in the redzone.

Reactions: L Boog and btango
Dont forget no 12 Donta Armstrong is a legit D1 TE and committed to UNCC.We don't send him out because hes such a great blocker and helps that O line. I have a feeling hes going 2 b used a lot more this Saturday especially in the redzone.

12 is an absolute monster. He is seeing action on both sides of the ball for me in a tight game but he is needed more on O.

The play calling was the same as it been all season. We wasn't getting nothing in the middle, the outside, and Caleb had no time at all. It wasn't play calling it was Vance was better.

That’s the truth. Hood barely had time to think back there as the game progressed. 13-1 season is nothing to hang our heads about though. These kids made it one heck of a season. No participation trophy wanted. Just work hard and get better...our time will come. I believe Vance will rep our bracket well...still believe the best teams in the state played in it.

Kudos Vance you stop one of the best teams I have seen in a long time. You guys played a hell of a game by all accounts. I guess RC is going to have to wait to next year. Hopefully Hood will get his unlike Z. Anyway the SAC got sacked tonight. We played a horrible half of football much like we played against RC. Hard to win when you cannot block the two interior tackles at all the 2nd half and you throw the freaking ball up in the air on 3rd down instead of tossing it out of bounds and punting to pend them deep. Oh well guys have a great holiday I was fun talking smack with you guys. I'm sure most of you all are swell people. Again its been real.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
Great year Richmond Raiders! I have really enjoyed watching this team and it has been fun. This bracket was awesome.

Congratulations Vance! I prefer to leave the field knowing we were beat by a better team if we don’t win. Vance left no doubt there. Very impressive on both sides of the ball. I like that QB too. Offense and Defense both did a great job. The only thing we ask since you came down and beat us is to go get that title! You guys are on a mission and played like it.
Classy Post . Its nice to see good sportsmanship from a fans prospective. I usually don't read to much on the 3 and 4à forums . It's pretty rough on the 2a side
.I keep up with the good 4à teams and thought Richmond was in the driver's seat after The Creek went down, but evidently Vance must for sure be a damn good football team.

That’s the truth. Hood barely had time to think back there as the game progressed. 13-1 season is nothing to hang our heads about though. These kids made it one heck of a season. No participation trophy wanted. Just work hard and get better...our time will come. I believe Vance will rep our bracket well...still believe the best teams in the state played in it.

Nothing wrong with the playcalling. Once they shut down the run and took away those quick slants it put Hood in a bad spot trying to go to option #2 with only a couple of secs to get off a throw. Vance DBs are outstanding.....I think Hood had maybe 1 reciever with separation all night. Forced him to make perfect throws.

Reactions: btango
Nothing wrong with the playcalling. Once they shut down the run and took away those quick slants it put Hood in a bad spot trying to go to option #2 with only a couple of secs to get off a throw. Vance DBs are outstanding.....I think Hood had maybe 1 reciever with separation all night. Forced him to make perfect throws.

Agreed...I was agreeing with rcoraider that we ran the plays that worked all year. Nothing was going to work tonight with that kind of pressure and coverage.

Kudos Vance you stop one of the best teams I have seen in a long time. You guys played a hell of a game by all accounts. I guess RC is going to have to wait to next year. Hopefully Hood will get his unlike Z. Anyway the SAC got sacked tonight. We played a horrible half of football much like we played against RC. Hard to win when you cannot block the two interior tackles at all the 2nd half and you throw the freaking ball up in the air on 3rd down instead of tossing it out of bounds and punting to pend them deep. Oh well guys have a great holiday I was fun talking smack with you guys. I'm sure most of you all are swell people. Again its been real.

Same to you Dmac. I have enjoyed the “real” football posters this year like yourself.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
I absolutely enjoyed the atmosphere at RC. They created such a sense of excitement. You could tell that they LOVED their team. RC was down right scary in the first qtr. But like I said, this Vance D is special and the O is just now starting to peak. I predicted only 7 bc I’ve seen these boys live. You have to see it to believe it. Power Echols with 3 monstrous sacks on critical 3rd downs... why is he not a 5 star? He’ll be back next year! But we knew success could be had against that O once we settled down and started to control the gaps. Then Coach H started dialing up them LBs... A thing of beauty. Hats off to RC. Such an awesome place! We’ll see y’all at another beautiful place, the hill!

I absolutely enjoyed the atmosphere at RC. They created such a sense of excitement. You could tell that they LOVED their team. RC was down right scary in the first qtr. But like I said, this Vance D is special and the O is just now starting to peak. I predicted only 7 bc I’ve seen these boys live. You have to see it to believe it. Power Echols with 3 monstrous sacks on critical 3rd downs... why is he not a 5 star? He’ll be back next year! But we knew success could be had against that O once we settled down and started to control the gaps. Then Coach H started dialing up them LBs... A thing of beauty. Hats off to RC. Such an awesome place! We’ll see y’all at another beautiful place, the hill!
This man did say 28-7 and everyone thought u was crazy. I was thinking 24-10 or 24-14. After Power got that sack on 3rd down late in the 2nd quarter I knew it was downhill. And the TD coming out at halftime was the nail in the coffin. And dont start making mistakes and getting gun shy, they are like sharks sensing blood in the water.

Was telling my boys at the game last night that I was at peace with the loss. If Richmond was to lose to any team, I wanted it to be Vance. I respect their tenacity and mentality.

Tell you what, if any school is looking for a HC, I’d be reaching out to Hackett by any means necessary. I could see and feel his presence from the Raider stands.

Last edited:
This man did say 28-7 and everyone thought u was crazy. I was thinking 24-10 or 24-14. After Power got that sack on 3rd down late in the 2nd quarter I knew it was downhill. And the TD coming out at halftime was the nail in the coffin. And dont start making mistakes and getting gun shy, they are like sharks sensing blood in the water.

I've seen RC in person and there's absolutely no way I would've thought they could be held to 7 points by any team in the state. This Vance team and the run they have made through the playoffs is outstanding. Congrats to Vance and also Richmond for a great season.

Congrats to both teams- Vance for being Vance and representing the 4 in awesome fashion. Richmond for climbing back into relevance for a title and providing some big time juice to the 4aa ranks. I always think the toughest loss is the regional final one and because the hype is so unbelievably high there I have to think the downside is tough on the kids and coaches. There is alot of pride in that community in their Raiders. Hopefully those kids and coaches know how much joy they bring to the entire area this year.

Was really only a game for about 2 1/2 quarters. Once Vance got a two score lead they were really able to crank up the pass rush and that was all she wrote.

The difference between the Vance team we have seen the past 4-5 weeks and the one who nearly got beat by Mooresville and LKN is just Austin Greer and his feet. Once that kid figured out he is an athlete as well it opened up the entire Vance offense. Little more room on the edge for Morris, little more time for routes to open up downfield. Forces defense to play 11 on 11.

Maybe it was because I was seeing it for the 2nd time but it felt to me like the entire atmosphere was less charged up than the MP game. RC defense really looked a little flat and they tackled very poorly after the first series or two. Must have been a dozen times they had a ball carrier in their hands and let him break away.

Vance has a ton of talent and are coached extremely well but I think everyone saw last night what Mallard Creek fans have known for the past 3-4 years. Vance kids are just a bunch of tough kids that play with a chip for 4 quarters. Deep into the roster they are outmanned by teams like MC, MP and Richmond but their top 20-25 come to play. You could see a difference between them and Myers Park right away. When they tackle you go backwards and when they run the ball they dont go down on first contact. They are a give no quarter group of kids.

Congrats to both teams- Vance for being Vance and representing the 4 in awesome fashion. Richmond for climbing back into relevance for a title and providing some big time juice to the 4aa ranks. I always think the toughest loss is the regional final one and because the hype is so unbelievably high there I have to think the downside is tough on the kids and coaches. There is alot of pride in that community in their Raiders. Hopefully those kids and coaches know how much joy they bring to the entire area this year.

Was really only a game for about 2 1/2 quarters. Once Vance got a two score lead they were really able to crank up the pass rush and that was all she wrote.

The difference between the Vance team we have seen the past 4-5 weeks and the one who nearly got beat by Mooresville and LKN is just Austin Greer and his feet. Once that kid figured out he is an athlete as well it opened up the entire Vance offense. Little more room on the edge for Morris, little more time for routes to open up downfield. Forces defense to play 11 on 11.

Maybe it was because I was seeing it for the 2nd time but it felt to me like the entire atmosphere was less charged up than the MP game. RC defense really looked a little flat and they tackled very poorly after the first series or two. Must have been a dozen times they had a ball carrier in their hands and let him break away.

Vance has a ton of talent and are coached extremely well but I think everyone saw last night what Mallard Creek fans have known for the past 3-4 years. Vance kids are just a bunch of tough kids that play with a chip for 4 quarters. Deep into the roster they are outmanned by teams like MC, MP and Richmond but their top 20-25 come to play. You could see a difference between them and Myers Park right away. When they tackle you go backwards and when they run the ball they dont go down on first contact. They are a give no quarter group of kids.
People using MC as a punching bag but u have to realize out of the 2 games we only scored 20pt and out of that ONE OFFENSIVE TD. That's how good Creek is. We lose that game this could be creek getting ready to go 2 chapel hill. Hellams is a hell of a coach but not switching gears and pounding the run game is the difference why we came on top. Hack stressed that he was gonna stop that air raid and by Hellams not adjusting was huge. Between Hickory ridge, Vance, Creek, Hough it's crazy how much talent North Charlotte has.

I don't see Leesville Road standing a chance next week if Vance can keep the momentum going.. how many 10 seeds have made it to the big dance, much less won it all?

People using MC as a punching bag but u have to realize out of the 2 games we only scored 20pt and out of that ONE OFFENSIVE TD. That's how good Creek is. We lose that game this could be creek getting ready to go 2 chapel hill. Hellams is a hell of a coach but not switching gears and pounding the run game is the difference why we came on top. Hack stressed that he was gonna stop that air raid and by Hellams not adjusting was huge. Between Hickory ridge, Vance, Creek, Hough it's crazy how much talent North Charlotte has.

Mallard Creek is a big name for a ton of reasons but yes it is funny to go back and read stupid comments like " underachieved" from guys who know next to nothing about football. Anyone who has watched any MC- Vance game the last 3-4 years understands that they are the most physical games played in this state every year and it ALWAYS comes down to one or two plays either way.

Now go forward the next 3 weeks and Vance has destroyed everyone else at their place. Maybe it is because Vance was really good??

This is why the annual whining about seeding is just stupid. It doesnt matter if you lose in the 1st round or the 4th...sooner or later your gonna have to beat a very good team. The reality is that the state title game probably took place in RD2 at Mallard Creek

Reactions: btango
I am a Fayetteville guy and long time HS football fan. I have always pretty much hated Richmond going back to the 70s cause they have always been so good.

That said I like to follow the power Charlotte teams as Fayetteville teams have really tapered off and are far from elite these days.

Over the years I traveled to see Indy twice in their great run. Once at Indy against Providence and once against Richmond in 2004. I went to Mallard Creek against Butler in 2013 and Creek against Wake Forest in 2014. Saw Creek against Providence in 2014. Traveled to Dillon, Sc when Creek played there in 2016. I even traveled all the way to Gaffney this year to see Creek play there. I have yet to see Vance however.

I'm well aware of Vance as a program but the thing that really surprises me is that I felt from an outsider's perspective was that Vance was likely, almost certainly, to have a drop off this year due to Brand moving on to coach in South Carolina.

I dont think Vance has necessarily eclipsed Mallard Creek as a program but this appears to be a case of an arch rival really picking up their game due to having to be excellent to beat them. Similar to Butler catching Indy after taking their lumps and Scotland passing Richmond over the last 7 years or so. Richmond probably back ahead of Scotland now though.

Great teams all of them.

Reactions: ggman and btango
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT