ADVERTISEMENT

VANCE AT RICHMOND

Can your defense hold that Richmond offense, like you did Mallard Creek? Can you find enough offense against a Richmond team giving up almost 30ppg in the playoffs?

I feel that's the key, having enough offense and playing off the defense.
I look at their two playoff games, including Hough, and that giving up almost 30 ppg sticks out to me. That high powered MP offense scored 32 and even Hough came up with 27. I honestly think if Vance can find some offense, which I believe they can, it’s going to be another barn burner of a game. As long as that Vance D accounts for Hood, it could be tough for Richmond.

I look at their two playoff games, including Hough, and that giving up almost 30 ppg sticks out to me. That high powered MP offense scored 32 and even Hough came up with 27. I honestly think if Vance can find some offense, which I believe they can, it’s going to be another barn burner of a game. As long as that Vance D accounts for Hood, it could be tough for Richmond.

Stay on the Queen City wagon don't even think about getting on ours...

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Stay on the Queen City wagon don't even think about getting on ours...
This is what I love about fans. Objective thought (lol). Okay, I'm not on anyone's bandwagon at this point. But, allowing almost 30 ppg in your two playoff wins, is something I'd be concerned about, if it's like you say, defense wins championships. Vance's defense is better than Hough's and much better than Myers Park's. For the season, they've only allowed 9.85 ppg and 4.67 ppg in their three playoff games. They held West Forsyth and Mallard Creek, both to 7 points. So, if defense wins championships...if Vance can find some offense, it'll be interesting. I'm thinking Richmond should win...but of course in my predictions, I picked West Forsyth over Vance. I was wondering how they'd do after beating Mallard Creek. They did fine.

Reactions: Chopper747
I don’t know to respond or not to respond, what the heck! Mr. Honda Richmond played probably one of the best offense in the state, nationally rank, QB going to Bama, 2 D1 Receivers in Rooks & Muhammad and held them to 32 points “20 below there avg. and held Hough to 27. Keep thinking Richmond defense gives up a lot of points and one more thing Hood is not the only Horse in the stable! If you have seen Richmond play this year you would know that.

This is about to be one of those old school street fights, I expect a low scoring defensive game, turnovers will be key and ball control. Bring your brass knuckles because we are about to go old school in this one-3 yds and a cloud of dust. Defense wins Championships.

If we were some flash in the pan team that 1st time making it this far after big wins u could possible see the emotions for let down but these kids are experienced. This is a lot of the kids 3rd regional finals so yes it feels good to get a big win but when ur as close as we were last yr, getting back 2 the ship is all they want. U hear the motto "make up for 2 pts". We've got a business trip to RC, someone has 2 win. We respect Richmond but they are in the way.

This is what I love about fans. Objective thought (lol). Okay, I'm not on anyone's bandwagon at this point. But, allowing almost 30 ppg in your two playoff wins, is something I'd be concerned about, if it's like you say, defense wins championships. Vance's defense is better than Hough's and much better than Myers Park's. For the season, they've only allowed 9.85 ppg and 4.67 ppg in their three playoff games. They held West Forsyth and Mallard Creek, both to 7 points. So, if defense wins championships...if Vance can find some offense, it'll be interesting. I'm thinking Richmond should win...but of course in my predictions, I picked West Forsyth over Vance. I was wondering how they'd do after beating Mallard Creek. They did fine.

Once again this week the RC offense will out score the RC defense that's all that matters (whether by one or forty one same difference).

RC wins again.

Road games at Butler, Creek, West. Nothing comes easy for us were Vance. We wouldnt have it any other way broski!!!

Reactions: dcov33
Everyone knew West Forsyth was no contest. The Creek hasn't won a playoff game in 2 years? Butler? This ain't Butler from a few years ago.

WE WAITING!! We ain't West Forsyth either. Come down 74 east turn left on #1 north. Raiders with a few thousand in the stands will be waiting.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
Haven't had a home game since Nov.1. All we've done all yr is beat good teams at home. 1 more 2 go then to Kenan

We're coming!

Reactions: mrhonda
Haven't had a home game since Nov.1. All we've done all yr is beat good teams at home. 1 more 2 go then to Kenan

We're coming!
Played a bad Butler team. A overrated Creek and a well below average West Forsyth. We waiting for "v" don't knock just come in. Vance says all gas right?? Fill up before you leave Mecklenburg county you gonna need it.

Played a bad Butler team. A overrated Creek and a well below average West Forsyth. We waiting for "v" don't knock just come in. Vance says all gas right?? Fill up before you leave Mecklenburg county you gonna need it.
This all fun but no hard feelings RC yall had a good yr. Jus got a job to finish u guys are just in the way.

Were coming

That's right. Y'all in our way. You couldn't get it done last year in the big game. THE Raiders going to show you how it's done.. We waiting. 74 east to #1 north. Come get sum.

Raider fans are so active these days. For many years you didn't hear a peep from them this late in the post season.:D

Reactions: L Boog
Some people on the OTHER forum complaining about Raiders LED lights and it being a unfair advantage to the home team. Not to mentions the Raider fans that were barred from sitting in places they been for decades. I be honest with ya,if I’m a Raider fan and I’ve paid for my ticket I’m not standing for 5 hours. It’s a general admission ticket and does not entitle you to a assigned seat. Looking for another great game against Vance.

Some people on the OTHER forum complaining about Raiders LED lights and it being a unfair advantage to the home team. Not to mentions the Raider fans that were barred from sitting in places they been for decades. I be honest with ya,if I’m a Raider fan and I’ve paid for my ticket I’m not standing for 5 hours. It’s a general admission ticket and does not entitle you to a assigned seat. Looking for another great game against Vance.

Richmond and the lights. Vance and their home field last season. Why is it that it seems nothing is conjured up until MP fans arrive? The PA and band are an advantage. I PA for my school, and the band can play up until the opposition’s snap. Just as they can play up until a kickoff. There hasn’t been one complaint about RC’s PA and lights being a competitive disadvantage until this post. PA was the same last year, and I didn’t see a post about it after MP took RC behind the woodshed, so we shouldn’t be seeing anything about the PA and lights now.

Reactions: Hometown16
The lights are new this season and I have no opinion although it gets dark on the field when they go to the light show.

I disagree on the PA aspect. The PA was very noticeable. Not sure it actually was an issue for MP but it was loud.

If it is not an advantage then do the PA the exact same way when the home team has the ball. Bottom line, It is within the rules so use it...to your advantage.

Any team that doesn't like the lights all they have to do is keep us out the end zone. As far as the PA system they cut the music when the offense gets lined up.

Any team that doesn't like the lights all they have to do is keep us out the end zone. As far as the PA system they cut the music when the offense gets lined up.

No they did not cut it when the visiting O lined up. It was ceasing nearly simultaneously with the snap when MP was on O. I stood with some coaches and it was remarked on several times. Once again, I do not know if it was an issue for MP but it was noticeable.

No they did not cut it when the visiting O lined up. It was ceasing nearly simultaneously with the snap when MP was on O. I stood with some coaches and it was remarked on several times. Once again, I do not know if it was an issue for MP but it was noticeable.
Btango stood with some coaches.... You are a important guy!

I don’t know if it’s a new rule or old rule, but you can’t play music while the offense is lined up or before the snap?

@btango
As you quoted the lights are new even though we have had them all season , I personally feel that it is going to take a little time to adjust the time when to cut them off , each game has been different on the amount of time that they have stay on . As for as the PA system there is game it is super loud and other times it not . It was not about the opponent being Myers park even though many may think that but it’s not ,if you go back and you can find the whole game of Lumberton you will see that the PA was on til they snap the ball and not trying to put no team down because they are kids Lumberton was not much of a opponent hope they do one day .
Myers park needs to just suck it up Richmond won they lost .
also with all the money that I pretty sure MP brings in I am pretty sure they can get them lights to probably better ones

Also since the comments has been made about the lights & PA system I am pretty sure that they have been brought up to Richmond administrator by now and they will make adjustments to please everyone.

Also since the comments has been made about the lights & PA system I am pretty sure that they have been brought up to Richmond administrator by now and they will make adjustments to please everyone.

I don’t think it is about pleasing any one.

@btango
As you quoted the lights are new even though we have had them all season , I personally feel that it is going to take a little time to adjust the time when to cut them off , each game has been different on the amount of time that they have stay on.
Myers park needs to just suck it up Richmond won they lost .

I was at the Butler game fir the first half. The lights were not very noticeable due to not being very dark. I do not think the lights are a huge deal on the football aspect but I can understand the confusion that was mentioned on the extra point.

The entry with the light show, the fireworks, and crowd was absolutely awesome!!! Props to Richmond and the community for making it happen. The whole package made Friday night a true high school football epic extravaganza!

Reactions: Hometown16
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT