ADVERTISEMENT

VANCE AT RICHMOND

Vance played uninspired football for about 5 or 6 weekend after the MC loss. Came to a head with that Hough loss. The size and speed combo is special. Yes an awesome QB can nullify (James Sommers-Page I was at all of those too) but this Defense, playing like they are right now, is one of the best I have seen. Having arguably the best LB in the nation 21’ playing beside other D1s at LB. RC will have their hands all over that QB. He won’t be able to get into rhythm. The DBs are D1 recruits as well. Your only hope will be turnovers and stopping our O. Only problem is they are playing the best they have played all year, right now! But the main point here is Coach Hatch, the DC, is fearless. If the RC Oline is scary y’all will have nightmares for the next few weeks of blitzing LBs and safeties etc... May the best team win! V 28 RC 7. See y’all at the Hill (my first time on sideline since 04)

Vance played uninspired football for about 5 or 6 weekend after the MC loss. Came to a head with that Hough loss. The size and speed combo is special. Yes an awesome QB can nullify (James Sommers-Page I was at all of those too) but this Defense, playing like they are right now, is one of the best I have seen. Having arguably the best LB in the nation 21’ playing beside other D1s at LB. RC will have their hands all over that QB. He won’t be able to get into rhythm. The DBs are D1 recruits as well. Your only hope will be turnovers and stopping our O. Only problem is they are playing the best they have played all year, right now! But the main point here is Coach Hatch, the DC, is fearless. If the RC Oline is scary y’all will have nightmares for the next few weeks of blitzing LBs and safeties etc... May the best team win! V 28 RC 7. See y’all at the Hill (my first time on sideline since 04)
28-7? That's a brave pick

Reactions: L Boog
Not going that far, and I'm not going to say a score but how far can Hood carry that team? That defense the last 2 weeks of the playoffs is getting more and more iffy, not going to diminish all what RC has done so far but the old motto offense wins games but defense wins championships. For all the people picking RC which I can respect their opinions but the reasons I see is "Hood is spectacular" or "this offense is explosive", I've even some reference some kind of magic, which is again respectable. But for them 2 win that defense will have to stand up and show that they are championship worthy. We proved for 3-4 weeks that an offense can play flat out trashy but with a great defense it can get the job done besides the Hough game which I felt is the kick in the pants we needed for this run. While everyone watching Vance D vs RC O...I'm watching Vances O vs RC D. Primarily which line is playing better.

My feeling on the truth about the raider magic
People call it magic, I can it the fans Support

Were has it been so long

1) we didn’t have the right coaches not that I am downing neither of the past coaches . But a lot of fans was not happy with the old ones .

2) not going into the playoffs with a prefect record regardless if the team you lost to is great and let be add losing to Scotland will give you a write up

3) getting knock out by the second round playoffs

What happens .
either fire the coach or
the fans stop coming they talk about the coaches and the players and it has happen some of the better players move to another school .

The raider fan will find away for people to hear their voice and what better way then hurt their pockets

Example
- 300 fans x $7.00 dollars ahead we probably lost more fans then that during them years

Sad but true I know A few fans on here will disagree with me but if you try to be a truthful person as I try to be they will tell you the same thing

But when you have the right coach
The prefect record the raider magic / fan support comes back

My feeling on the truth about the raider magic
People call it magic, I can it the fans Support

Were has it been so long

1) we didn’t have the right coaches not that I am downing neither of the past coaches . But a lot of fans was not happy with the old ones .

2) not going into the playoffs with a prefect record regardless if the team you lost to is great and let be add losing to Scotland will give you a write up

3) getting knock out by the second round playoffs

What happens .
either fire the coach or
the fans stop coming they talk about the coaches and the players and it has happen some of the better players move to another school .

The raider fan will find away for people to hear their voice and what better way then hurt their pockets

Example
- 300 fans x $7.00 dollars ahead we probably lost more fans then that during them years

Sad but true I know A few fans on here will disagree with me but if you try to be a truthful person as I try to be they will tell you the same thing

But when you have the right coach
The prefect record the raider magic / fan support comes back
Ooooooh no disrespect but where I'm from it's called being good. Yeah when u coach right, play right, execute a gameplan and win I call it being good. Yeah the Patriots do it, Golden state did it up until this yr. Oh ok gotcha!!!

Now Richmond is good don’t get me wrong. But just like the old time saying goes behind every good man there Woman behind him
With that being said with every good team there are fans behind them and that what Raider magic is
Just saying

Now Richmond is good don’t get me wrong. But just like the old time saying goes behind every good man there Woman behind him
With that being said with every good team there are fans behind them and that what Raider magic is
Just saying
I dont know NC history as well as some of u guys so I jus looked up that 2008 raider team....this looks a lot like this match up yall had with Indy. Played a dominant undefeated Indy team on the road. That raider team wasnt all that spectacular got blown out by Douglas Byrd. They went n got hot n took the ship that yr and won mostly all those playoff games on the road. Who says this isnt COUGAR MAGIC? Lol. How many folx picked against yall for that indy game?

Last edited:
Reactions: btango
If y’all win I will say congratulations !!!

I will say this to for one I don’t like everyone picking Richmond to win I rather for people to pick against us
But I will say this also
I don’t think this will be high scoring game neither like some are saying
I am not predicting a score it could go either way
The things that does worry me is everyone picking Richmond to win and the penalties that they have gotten the past two games that they had clean up but if they play discipline Richmond will win but if they give up these unnecessary penalties they will lose

The more I watch Vance on Under the Radar, the more respect I have for there team. Good gosh if Richmond can score 21 points I like our chances but that Vance defense looks dialed in and they fly around the football. I need change my point spread 14-7/14-10 Richmond because of the home field and Raider Nation will give the team the edge they need for this game. Damn when we win, I wonder how many players will be healthy next week.

The more I watch Vance on Under the Radar, the more respect I have for there team. Good gosh if Richmond can score 21 points I like our chances but that Vance defense looks dialed in and they fly around the football. I need change my point spread 14-7/14-10 Richmond because of the home field and Raider Nation will give the team the edge they need for this game. Damn when we win, I wonder how many players will be healthy next week.

They are as good as any HS defense we have seen in awhile. I could see this game going either way but those people who are predicting 35-40 pts by either team are crazy. Think the game is in the teens or low 20s.

RC specials teams are the best I have seen all year don't be surprised if they break this game open for RC. Vance will start every drive on the 20 if it is a kick off. RC doesn't punt much but when they do they are effective and their return game is second to none.

That last video was a bunch of noise that made no point at all. Very loud and and senseless. But anyway, I think some surprises are in store. All the d1's, and 5 stars and all that jive won't matter.like I said its Vance at RAIDER STADIUM... they ain't seen nothin yet. Richmond will get theirs. Talking defense, Vance might lay an egg, or maybe 7... I'll give them benefit of the doubt though...34 - 14 RICHMOND...everybody plays...lol.. GO RAIDERS.

Reactions: araiderfan
if vance holds RC to 281or less I will give them mad props. I think that is the magic number anything over that results in an L for Vance.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Gameday.. no more need for speculation and predictions by old guys on this forum. Time for pads to talk, I'll be back at roughly 10pm to check the pulse of this thread lol

Reactions: Ben-Badd
The day of reckoning is here. Only the performance on the field has any validity. All the prognosticating won't matter. All the fans here predicting and putting their fingers/mouths in place of their team's performance wont' matter.

RC specials teams are the best I have seen all year don't be surprised if they break this game open for RC. Vance will start every drive on the 20 if it is a kick off. RC doesn't punt much but when they do they are effective and their return game is second to none.

Coverage teams were not good last Friday. Gave up a punt return for a TD and several good kick off returns. Though I will say that the kicker was literally a yard or two short of the endzone just about everytime. As it gets colder the ball just doesnt travel as far as you know.

Coverage teams were not good last Friday. Gave up a punt return for a TD and several good kick off returns. Though I will say that the kicker was literally a yard or two short of the endzone just about everytime. As it gets colder the ball just doesnt travel as far as you know.
If he is not putting in the endzone then that is a game changer because all year they have been helped buy teams starting on the 20th and looking to go 80 and that is hard for anyone. Field position has been their friend all year. Saw him blast them to the back of the endzone all year. But weather does impact how the ball travels and it will be pretty cool once the sun goes down.

I think the team that wins the initial field position in each half will be in control. If I am Vance I want to go on D. If I am Richmond I want to go on D so I will defer my first half option. Vance may be better off to go on D both times although their KO depth may be an issue. If Richmond was getting the ball on the twenty I would want a stop and a punt more than a KO touch back. As BnG wrote the ball is not flying as far now and it was barely making the goal line last week although RC had a few touchbacks where the ball barely broke the line. Can't wait!!!

Granted Richmond stumped their toe on the post Hoggard hire but I think the issues with that group were not as much football as personalities.

The issue has been you did not have a once in generation QB. I have watched Richmond play since 1987. Granted the game (and the offensive philosophy) has changed but I will take this one over any other! When Paul Hoggard had a strong QB the Raiders were in it to win it and did in 2008 with Wiley. Take a few of those solid but not great teams and put 2019 Hood at QB and they are in the mix to size rings. Hoggard and staff were extremely good. Had a talent drop off some of those years and it mixed with Charlotte and Scotland getting on a run.

Granted Richmond stumped their toe on the post Hoggard hire but I think the issues with that group were not as much football as personalities.

The issue has been you did not have a once in generation QB. I have watched Richmond play since 1987. Granted the game (and the offensive philosophy) has changed but I will take this one over any other! When Paul Hoggard had a strong QB the Raiders were in it to win it and did in 2008 with Wiley. Take a few of those solid but not great teams and put 2019 Hood at QB and they are in the mix to size rings. Hoggard and staff were extremely good. Had a talent drop off some of those years and it mixed with Charlotte and Scotland getting on a run.

Clearly Hood is a gamechanger and elevates them into the elite category but it is clear that Till's emphasis on the weight room and what looks like recruiting some size inside the 4 walls has made a huge difference and will be what keeps them at avery high level going forward.

I have not watched them a ton but since 2011 I think I have seen them 4-5 times not including last Friday. My impression has always been that they have elite speed and athletes there but size and strength were missing. Essentially they got pushed around a ton and run over at the point of attack. I specifically remember a Butler game and a game at Pinecrest where that was the case.

I saw none of that last Friday.

There are some gaps on that OL that will get exposed tonight. 28-7 V. Coach H. Will T Off on that OL, if they can defend the rush, then we could be in for a long night. But, I definitely believe that Vance can be beat tonight. (Careless errors/Turn Overs/Over thinking on Offense) And Obviously, This is the 4th round! These are the elite. But, if the Vance that played the last few weeks shows up they will finish last year’s unfinished business this year. See y’all at the game! (28-7 V)

I think the team that wins the initial field position in each half will be in control. If I am Vance I want to go on D. If I am Richmond I want to go on D so I will defer my first half option. Vance may be better off to go on D both times although their KO depth may be an issue. If Richmond was getting the ball on the twenty I would want a stop and a punt more than a KO touch back. As BnG wrote the ball is not flying as far now and it was barely making the goal line last week although RC had a few touchbacks where the ball barely broke the line. Can't wait!!!

Field position and turnovers. Both teams have playmaking ability but I would think explosive plays would be pretty limited with that kind of speed on defense for both teams. 12 play 80 yard drives especially in the first 3 quarters will be very, very tough.

In reference to the post about the old men,lol... I'm semi old and I've followed RAIDERS football since day one and I feel like my theories, thoughts and philosophies are about as accurate as the next mans... this is one of the best teams in some time at RICHMOND... I think were all ready for some FOOTBALL...GO RAIDERS...

I have seen reports that tickets will go on sale at 4:30 versus 5:30. Can someone confirm that for me?

The tailgating opens at 4:30. Ticket sales usually begin at 6 but they have said 5:30 today gates probably open at 6 would be my best guess. It could all hinge on when the deputies working security show up...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT