ADVERTISEMENT

VANCE AT RICHMOND

As they say, "throw it all out the window at 7:30 Friday. It's gametime."
GO RAIDERS...

Let us all be honest “Players Play and Coaches Coach” this game will be won with the X’s and O’s. Whichever coaches and coordinators that can come up with the best scheme before the game and halftime adjustments will win this game! Both teams have elite players but it’s going to be up to the coaches to put them in the right position to be successful! Like I said we respect “Vance Cougars” and they have been battled tested this last 2 years, but “We ain’t Scared”.

Defense wins Championships

Echols has a high motor and this would be a teaching lesson for him to play assignment football. I would make him have to cover sideline to sideline, players would be going in motion all night long. This kid looks more like a strong safety, he reminds me of Marcus Ellerbe but a little bigger.

Last edited:
Don't matter how many points Richmond is giving up... don't matter how many points Vance is giving up. Team with the most points on the scoreboard will win Friday...

Honda acts like RC's defense giving up 30 a game in the playoffs is the tell of the tape... Don't matter if you give up 30 when you score 35 a game..

4AA regional final... Just win Baby!

The 1 question I have to ask for u Richmond guys is how does Richmond(Hood) react when he lines up vs a defense that is jus as fast and athletic as him? What team did he face that matched our athleticism?

I think Scotland is pretty close as far as speed and size. Maybe there is someone reading that has seen both Scotland and Vance play this year that could offer their opinion.

Somebody brought up the point of Hood's running ability......MC QB pulled it and ran a few times. Vance does a tremendous job of rallying to the ball no matter who has it.

I think this is another key to the game ......can the Raiders be patient? They are going to have to understand 4 yards is a good play vs Vance defensive. Stay ahead of the chains, take advantage of missed tackles, and be patient instead of forcing things. Vance is hyper aggressive and can be taken advantage of but that advantage will be erased quickly by their athletic ability.

Vance O vs Richmond's O. If Richmond shuts us down they will win, if they dont the Road warriors will go to Kenan.

Vance O does not get enough credit, sleep on them at your own risk. They have play makers every where and the QB in the open field on a scramble is scary. Tackling is going to be huge for the Raider D.

Reactions: btango
I think Hoke Co. defense was very athletic, but yes I agree that defense is comparable to Scotland minus Echols. It looks like he is the engine that runs that defense.

Far more aggressive and physical than the Scotland D. Echols may be the best LB in the country next year but Thompson, Sutton, Sings, Lowery all big time talents.

This is essentially the same group as last year that shut down Mallard Creek, Myers Park and Wake Forest. All 3 averaging well over 40 pts going in.

That said....Every week I read about these great defenses that are gonna shut down LSU and Ohio state and every week I look up and I see 40 or 50 hung on them. Sometimes the right player and the right scheme come together and it just doesnt matter.

Hackett will take something away. Might be the zone read, might be the quick slant off the play action. I will be intrested in seeing what the RC counter is.

That's what I said b4 everyone is talking about Vance D vs RC O, I bought up the same thing last week when we played WF. The real match will b between Vance O vs RC D. What killed MP is the point I bought up about Chadwick not switching gears when up. When we got up 21-7 vs WF it was over because were not going 2 put the ball in the air. Chadwick so arrogant hes adamant about throwing the ball which backfired vs RC. Watching the trench play is going 2 be key in this 1.

@btango
No it was after the Richmond and Hough game
@mrhonda
I meant 30 points per game
But I will say this I am glad someone is finally giving Vance credit in the Charlotte area they deserve it !!!
like I said earlier I was trying to stay off the thread because I have respect for Vance and if Richmond does lose and no I am not doubting Richmond but if I rather for it to be Vance then any team Richmond has played this year.
Let’s be honest some people consider both teams Richmond and Vance to be thugs and yes I have heard that in many areas .
Go Raiders
“Thug” is the new N-word to me, especially when you call young men from Vance and Richmond, almost all-black teams where most come from impoverished homes, that word.

O.C. Brad Denson will have a counter punch for whatever Vance D throws at Richmond. Let me share some knowledge with you guys to the ones that don’t know. Coach Hoggard may have left but a lot of his coaches stayed. Coach Denson, Hope, Johnson, Jones, Swinnie, etc. has been around for a looong time and were part of the 08 title team. I am pretty sure they will have a wrinkle or two.

O.C. Brad Denson will have a counter punch for whatever Vance D throws at Richmond. Let me share some knowledge with you guys to the ones that don’t know. Coach Hoggard may have left but a lot of his coaches stayed. Coach Denson, Hope, Johnson, Jones, Swinnie, etc. has been around for a looong time and were part of the 08 title team. I am pretty sure they will have a wrinkle or two.
Ok, that does it! Vance doesn't have a chance! Richmond is just too good!!!! No matter what Vance does, Richmond will have a counter to it. Hey, that's what the Richmond fans are saying. So, Vance, you had a great year. It appears from what these guys are saying that your coaching staff isn't equal to Richmond's. I'm glad you were able to beat scrappy Mallard Creek and West Forsyth. Richmond is just another monster all together I guess, from what they're saying. After all, they did bury Myers Park by three points and pulled away from Hough in the fourth quarter.

Lol..the above is all in jest. I just love reading what fans write. It's so objective (ahem ahem ahem).

Vance better not get down by 2 TD's or it will be over. RC can explode on your butt quicker than a dye pack. Also Vance make sure they don't score before half and get the ball coming out of half-time.
So could Mallard Creek.

Don't matter how many points Richmond is giving up... don't matter how many points Vance is giving up. Team with the most points on the scoreboard will win Friday...

Honda acts like RC's defense giving up 30 a game in the playoffs is the tell of the tape... Don't matter if you give up 30 when you score 35 a game..

4AA regional final... Just win Baby!
So, you're confident you're scoring 35 on Vance. Except for the Hough game, exactly one team, that's it, one team on their schedule made it to 21. Counting Hough, that's two. Mallard Creek was averaging a little over 40 points per game. They played Vance twice. That's twice, mind you. They scored a total of 24 points in two games. Last year, with basically the same group, they held high flying Myers Park to 13 points. Over the last two years, 29 total games so far, exactly 4 times did a team reach 21 points against Vance. That's 14% of the time. Now, would you let me invest $50,000 for you, if I told you that you have a 14% chance of making money or a 86% chance of losing your money? I didn't think so.

But, I know...Richmond's different aren't they? But I will say this. I'm not really seeing anyone taking seriously what I said about Richmond allowing 30 points per game in these playoffs. That's ok. No one took it seriously last week, when I asked the question, what happens if Myers Park gets up by 14 on Richmond. No one thought they would with that Richmond defense and offense. But, what happened? Myers Park got up by 14. Richmond responded well. Myers Park didn't. With that Vance defense, if Richmond allows their playoff average of 30 points per game, their done. Vance goes to the finals. If Richmond can get back to their regular season average of allowing 10.18 points per game, then Richmond wins. Anything between the 30 points per game and the regular season average of 10.18 points per game, makes this game a tossup.

We'll see Friday. Good luck to both teams.

Last edited:
Mr. Honda we respect Vance, you don’t! I never said anything negative about Vance coaching staff, this game will be one with the X’s and O’s my friend and you can book it! Throw out your Checker Boards it’s time to play CHESS.

Last edited:
Mr. Honda we respect Cance, you don’t! I never said anything negative about Vance coaching staff, this game will be one with the X’s and O’s my friend and you can book it! Throw out your Checker Boards it’s time to play CHESS.
Lol....I don't respect Vance???? Do you actually read comments or just glance at them and then give a knee jerk reaction? You might want to read my comments above. Next time, read the whole comment one writes before reacting. It'll serve you well. You might also see in that comment where I talked about the coaches. You might want to read the end, where I said all of what I said was in jest, as I just love the objective (ahem ahem ahem) commentary of fans.

So, you're confident you're scoring 35 on Vance. Except for the Hough game, exactly one team, that's it, one team on their schedule made it to 21. Counting Hough, that's two. Mallard Creek was averaging a little over 40 points per game. They played Vance twice. That's twice, mind you. They scored a total of 24 points in two games. Last year, with basically the same group, they held high flying Myers Park to 13 points. Over the last two years, 29 total games so far, exactly 4 times did a team reach 21 points against Vance. That's 14% of the time. Now, would you let me invest $50,000 for you, if I told you that you have a 14% chance of making money or a 86% chance of losing your money? I didn't think so.

But, I know...Richmond's different aren't they? But I will say this. I'm not really seeing anyone taking seriously what I said about Richmond allowing 30 points per game in these playoffs. That's ok. No one took it seriously last week, when I asked the question, what happens if Myers Park gets up by 14 on Richmond. No one thought they would with that Richmond defense and offense. But, what happened? Myers Park got up by 14. Richmond responded well. Myers Park didn't. With that Vance defense, if Richmond allows their playoff average of 30 points per game, their done. Vance goes to the finals. If Richmond can get back to their regular season average of allowing 10.18 points per game, then Richmond wins. Anything between the 30 points per game and the regular season average of 10.18 points per game, makes this game a tossup.

No one takes you serious for a reason

You know @mrhonda is great with them numbers . Guy’s come on he could have a formula going for us for the winning power balls numbers . I know Tonight my power ball will be 30
If I hit y’all Richmond stadium will be dome stadium next year

Reactions: Raiderdev23
I do agree with what’s been said about throwing out all stats prior to this Friday. Let the young men play and see where we wind-up at the end of the night. Bringing a couple of my students to the game. They’re football players, but want to see Raider football.

numbers numbers blah blah Richmond’s still playing and MP is not.

I do believe numbers can give an idea of what ur looking at u cant throw them out. If a team has generally being doing a certain thing then all of a sudden a spike shifts the other way it makes me ask what happened to cause that shift? So I get the numbers aspect u cant throw those out. But also u gotta throw the work, coaching and effort part..I guess that's what RC call raider magic so u cant throw that out either. We have our lil sayings..Cardiac cats, mudboyz, I respect what Honda does, it takes a lot of work to do what he does.

Shut up Wrigley. I wasn’t addressing you. Are you upset Mallard Creek choked in the playoffs for the second year in a row?

Nope.

I dont get emotional about a HS football team. As I told you last week I have decided to be like you. No " Dog". Just gonna troll you with my opinions. As you have told us thousands of time...If you dont like my posts you can just scroll on by.

LMAO.

Last edited:
I have seen were numbers count , and I have seen them not count .
I know this is no Richmond and Scotland game but when them two play them numbers go out the window.
My point both teams are great teams and the winner will be announced Friday night
My heart is going with Richmond but I can’t lie them 30 points do make you question can they ?

This is why Richmond has been in a Drought since their last state championship in 2008 , can they get over the hump?

But this also Richmond first time being in the finals since 2008
So they have gotten over one hump / drought

Will Richmond go into the game thinking that they beat Myers park they got this game ? Big headed

I don’t think Richmond will go in the game with the big head because I trust the coaches to knock them down back to reality real quick.

Either way this is going to be ball game
Go Raiders

@mrhonda
I just like giving you a hard time with you math skills and knowledge

Nope.

I dont get emotional about a HS football team. As I told you last week I have decided to be like you. No " Dog". Just gonna troll you with my opinions. As you have told us thousands of time...If you dont like my posts you can just scroll on by.

LMAO.
Cool. By the way Wrigley, hows the gum business? Lol. Keep in mind though, I can troll you all of next season? Hey, shall we troll dance Wrigley, the Gummer?

People tend to get upset when they dont pick or favor your team...as a fan of Vance I'm use to that so it doesn't bother me. In the end it's all about the kids working together for a common good and in the end getting a free education and changing generational hardships. As adults we get caught up in menial stuff and dont focus on that this is jus kids playing.

People tend to get upset when they dont pick or favor your team...as a fan of Vance I'm use to that so it doesn't bother me. In the end it's all about the kids working together for a common good and in the end getting a free education and changing generational hardships. As adults we get caught up in menial stuff and dont focus on that this is jus kids playing.

Vance has earned a lot of respect and have our full attention. Lots of respect for Vance. Both of these teams are kids on a mission and have proved themselves playing for the Western Championship. Fans on both sides should be very proud of both. This bracket has been everything it was hyped up to be. They are giving us fans something to look forward to Friday night once again!

This number obsession is absurd. Mr Honda, all due respect sir, but honestly, you should let this. 30 pt. thing go. Your fighting a losing battle of words. We get your point, but not many agree. All the numbers in the world won't matter tomorrow night except the ones on the scoreboard when it's over. And guys no disrespect to Mallard Creek. I've noticed their name keeps popping up as a gauge or comparison, but they've been gone for two weeks. We heard it all year, but they're gone... tomorrow night its Vance and Richmond at Raider stadium... that's it. GO RAIDERS!!!

This number obsession is absurd. Mr Honda, all due respect sir, but honestly, you should let this. 30 pt. thing go. Your fighting a losing battle of words. We get your point, but not many agree. All the numbers in the world won't matter tomorrow night except the ones on the scoreboard when it's over. And guys no disrespect to Mallard Creek. I've noticed their name keeps popping up as a gauge or comparison, but they've been gone for two weeks. We heard it all year, but they're gone... tomorrow night its Vance and Richmond at Raider stadium... that's it. GO RAIDERS!!!

Uh Oh!!!!!! A Raider fan is upset because he doesn't think they're getting their due. What??? They're in the 4AA Western Region finals!!!! Good grief, not all, but some of you Raider fans are sensitive. In case you're wondering, the numbers were just some that stuck out at me. There's no battle I'm trying to win. Never was and never will be. Just because not many agree is totally irrelevent. The numbers are still there. Will they work out that way? I have no clue. But, they're still there. Oh by the way, Mr Ben. In my predictions this week, I have Richmond over Vance by 9. But, the numbers are still there.

P.S. If not many agree, then why are the numbers harped on? Let it go.

I do believe numbers can give an idea of what ur looking at u cant throw them out. If a team has generally being doing a certain thing then all of a sudden a spike shifts the other way it makes me ask what happened to cause that shift? So I get the numbers aspect u cant throw those out. But also u gotta throw the work, coaching and effort part..I guess that's what RC call raider magic so u cant throw that out either. We have our lil sayings..Cardiac cats, mudboyz, I respect what Honda does, it takes a lot of work to do what he does.

There has been no magic yet this season. Watch the fourth quarter on this link that is the magic...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT