ADVERTISEMENT

VANCE AT RICHMOND

So, what you're saying is giving up 30 ppg in two playoff games is great defense. Ok, I gotcha now.

You do love the numbers....LOL

MP came in averaging 52 pts a game and were held to 20 pts under that total. If you want to use the analytics then that should equate to 9 pts for Vance this Friday.

If RC gives up 9pts does that make it great defense??

You tell me Vance gave up 41 to one of those teams. Mr. Honda I read some of your post and at times I am in ahhhhh! In this day in time Football is high scoring, go watch the NFL on down. Don’t sleep on Richmond’s defense.....

MP came in averaging 52 pts a game and were held to 20 pts under that total. If you want to use the analytics then that should equate to 9 pts for Vance this Friday.

For that game? Yes it does, Wrigley.

Numbers don't lie my friends. If numbers don't matter, I don't want to see a single poster any more, mention how many D1 offers a player on their team has. Neither do I want to see heights and weights of players mentioned. Neither do I want to hear anymore about how one team held another team so many points below their average. Because apparently, numbers don't matter. Wrigley I've seen many of your posts and you love to make "facts" support your narrative.

Ms. Honda why are you upset! One thing I love about BG22 and Nepsy win, lose, are draw they have a team that they can be proud of. It’s not a team in N.C. in the last 10 years that has had the success of Mallard Creek Millions of dollars in free education. I would like to know the high school you attend and I don’t care to know about the school your better half teaches at. Be proud of your school............

Last edited:
Numbers don't lie my friends. If numbers don't matter, I don't want to see a single poster any more, mention how many D1 offers a player on their team has. Neither do I want to see heights and weights of players mentioned. Neither do I want to hear anymore about how one team held another team so many points below their average. Because apparently, numbers don't matter. Wrigley I've seen many of your posts and you love to make "facts" support your narrative.

LMAO....no one said the didnt matter Mr. Strawman. They only tell a portion of the story.

Richmond defense for the season is giving up about 13 a game. Vance defense for the season is giving up about 10. On offense we scoring 43 a game for the season. Vance is 29.

Reactions: Ben-Badd and dcov33
I was really trying to stay off this post because honestly I have no problem with Vance. But here we go again Richmond giving up 30 points to two opponents we were not supposed to beat . Coming from some folks we were supposed to be sitting at home two weeks ago alone with Vance guess what ? Richmond not neither is Vance.
The only thing I hate about these two pIaying this Friday night , I wish they were playing next Saturday because both teams deserve it .
Go Raiders

I was really trying to stay off this post because honestly I have no problem with Vance. But here we go again Richmond giving up 30 points to two opponents we were not supposed to beat . Coming from some folks we were supposed to be sitting at home two weeks ago alone with Vance guess what ? Richmond not neither is Vance.
The only thing I hate about these two pIaying this Friday night , I wish they were playing next Saturday because both teams deserve it .
Go Raiders
I've read this several times. Richmond giving up 30 points to two opponents they weren't supposed to beat? You mean to tell me you weren't supposed to beat Hough....really? To me, of the Charlotte schools you could possibly play, I thought Hough would've been the easiest to beat...not easy mind you...but easiest. I never considered Hough a true threat. Frankly, I was shocked the the Hough game was as close as it was.

The 3x defending state champs has only given up 7 points the entire playoffs but during the regular season it was 14.6 now what Ms. Honda?

Okay it really wasn’t that hard to read lol but I get you . That Hough team you are talking about also beat Vance.
Also A well known sport report that’s very great in what he does even said in a video . I will try to quote it like he did but it probably will not be the exact words .That Hough was not the same team they were in the beginning of the season that they were at the end of the season .
I think he also added it was dealing with a QB but not for sure actually there was 4 reporters talking about this and talk about how good Hough improve , they also said that the bye could have affected some of the out come of them games that week and that could have affected the MC game. But we get it Richmond gave up 30 points in two playoff games but we still playing this Friday

Can someone please let the raiders coach staff and players know they gave up 30 points in each of the playoff games that they have played

Last edited:
I can assure you none of the four talking heads on the Charlotte Observer were predicting Richmond would to lose to Hough!

Last edited:
Can someone please let the raiders coach staff and players know they gave up 30 points in two playoff games please
That’s not 30 pts in two playoff games. That’s 30 points per game in two playoff games.

Richmond defense for the season is giving up about 13 a game. Vance defense for the season is giving up about 10. On offense we scoring 43 a game for the season. Vance is 29.
I will put this here again. Park was averaging 52 and scored 32 on the raiders. The Raiders are the only 4a team left playing who hasn't lost. Mr Hyundai need to dig deeper than 2 games.

I will put this here again. Park was averaging 52 and scored 32 on the raiders. The Raiders are the only 4a team left playing who hasn't lost. Mr Hyundai need to dig deeper than 2 games.
Of course you consider more than just two games Mr. Raider, if you're considering the whole season. All I'm saying is that we're in playoff mode now, not regular season mode. I don't care how they did earlier in the year against Sandhills opponents. It's like the old saying, "what have you done for me lately". I'm more interested in how they're doing now in the playoffs, against playoff competition. The same for Vance.

So, let's take a look. First for Vance. In the regular season they scored 30.6ppg. In the playoffs, their averaging 23 ppg. So there's a dropoff of 7.6 ppg, which can be expected when facing tougher competition in the playoffs. Defensively, they allowed 11.4 ppg during the regular season. So far, in the playoffs they've allowed 4.67 ppg. So there's an improvement of 6.73 ppg. Their offensive dropoff was 7.6ppg. But their improvement in points allowed offset the dropoff in scoring.

Now, let's take a look at Richmond. During the regular season, they averaged 44.64 ppg. Defensively, they were giving up 10.18 ppg. During the playoffs, they're scoring 35.5 ppg per game. So, the scoring dropoff has been 9.14 ppg. During the playoffs, defensively they've allowed 29.5 ppg. That's a dropoff of 19.32 ppg. Richmond has had a total dropoff of 28.46,considering scoring ppg and points allowed per game.

Compare that with Vance's offensive dropoff of 7.6 ppg and an improvement defensively of 6.73 ppg. That's a net dropoff against tougher competition in the playoffs of .87 ppg.

I'm not saying I think Vance is definitely going to win. What I am saying is that instead of mocking them as some do, these numbers should be taken into consideration.

Well, if you want to go that route, Mallard Creek was averaging 40.18 ppg during the regular season. Vance held them to 7, for a difference of 33.18. West Forsyth was averaging 41.09 ppg. Vance held them to 7. Like I said, one has to look at that almost 30points per game allowed in their first two playoff games and say that COULD be a concern.

Ms. Honda why are you upset! One thing I love about BG22 and Nepsy win, lose, are draw they have a team that they can be proud of. It’s not a team in N.C. in the last 10 years that has had the success of Mallard Creek Millions of dollars in free education. I would like to know the high school you attend and I don’t care to know about the school your better half teaches at. Be proud of your school............
I am. I went to Hermitage High School in Richmond, VA. So it's kind of tough for me to have a dog in the fight, when my school isn't even in NC.

Ok My son attended Kecoughtan in Hampton Va; Phoebus, Hampton High and a lot of other good schools where in that conference. I have seen Lake Taylor play. I will take NC 4A top programs any day.

Vance better not get down by 2 TD's or it will be over. RC can explode on your butt quicker than a dye pack. Also Vance make sure they don't score before half and get the ball coming out of half-time.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Vance better not get down by 2 TD's or it will be over. RC can explode on your butt quicker than a dye pack. Also Vance make sure they don't score before half and get the ball coming out of half-time.
We will b fine. PS, I might b late getting to the game, if I even make it. I might have a late work day friday and making that trip Friday so late maybe out the question. Let me know impressive my boys are!
Early congrats on a good season raiders!!

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
Ok My son attended Kecoughtan in Hampton Va; Phoebus, Hampton High and a lot of other good schools where in that conference. I have seen Lake Taylor play. I will take NC 4A top programs any day.
Yes, Hampton at one time, was a powerhouse program. I've been surprised living here in Charlotte. I'd agree with you regarding the top NC programs. Highland Springs, out of the Richmond area was beaten by Varina a couple of weeks ago, but they were working on their fourth straight state title. They played Page this season. I told some folks from down there, Richmond, Mallard Creek, Vance or Myers Park would be much better competition for them.

Yes, Hampton at one time, was a powerhouse program. I've been surprised living here in Charlotte. I'd agree with you regarding the top NC programs. Highland Springs, out of the Richmond area was beaten by Varina a couple of weeks ago, but they were working on their fourth straight state title. They played Page this season. I told some folks from down there, Richmond, Mallard Creek, Vance or Myers Park would be much better competition for them.
Yeah I remember that smug gent making a post bragging about the 50+ D1 players with offers on that team or some ridiculous number. Too bad all those offers dont guarantee wins huh.

There's been some bantering back and forth regarding this game, but I have three wishes.
1. The officials aren't too involved and let the players play. It's their moment.
2. An injury free game.
3. For the kids to really enjoy the moment.

I hope the kids just enjoy the moment. Raider fans, it's been a great ride for you so far. Win or lose, it's your last home game this season. So, I hope the seniors soak it up, enjoy the moment and play with all your heart. I know it's been awhile for you, but congrats for being in this position.

Except for it being their last home game this season, the same goes for the Vance players.

The coaching staffs of both teams have done a great job. Both teams are very good teams or they wouldn't be here.

Congratulations to all the players, coaching staffs, and parents of both squads on a great season.

Looking for a great game Friday.

We will b fine. PS, I might b late getting to the game, if I even make it. I might have a late work day friday and making that trip Friday so late maybe out the question. Let me know impressive my boys are!
Early congrats on a good season raiders!!
Catch that bypass off 485 and you will be in raiderville before you know it.

@btango
No it was after the Richmond and Hough game
@mrhonda
I meant 30 points per game
But I will say this I am glad someone is finally giving Vance credit in the Charlotte area they deserve it !!!
like I said earlier I was trying to stay off the thread because I have respect for Vance and if Richmond does lose and no I am not doubting Richmond but if I rather for it to be Vance then any team Richmond has played this year.
Let’s be honest some people consider both teams Richmond and Vance to be thugs and yes I have heard that in many areas .
Go Raiders

Raiders have scored 562 points this season. That's 12th all time for the raiders. That's a lot of points for 12th ain't it??

Who has the highest winning percentage in the nation of teams with at least 500 wins?

Much respect to both teams...I will pull hard for my Raiders. You can add, subtract, divide, and multiply, but the game will be won on the field, not on paper. Looking forward to it and here’s to no injuries to both teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT