ADVERTISEMENT

2A Updated 2A Boys Playoff Projections 02/15/20

1way2play

Dec 4, 2005
New Adjusted Maxpreps will come out Monday, so I will update on Tuesday. A lot of conference tiebreakers will be determined by conference tournaments.

64 East-West Teams In

32 East Teams and Playoff Matchups

32 West Teams and Playoff Matchups

Updated 2A Brackets 02/17/20 with Adjusted Maxpreps Ratings

64 East-West Teams

32 East Teams and Matchups

32 West Teams and Matchups

How can playing a common opponent not have more weighting than SOS? Mtn. Heritage (21-1) and Hibriten (21-2) both played East Burke and AC Reynolds. MH beat East Burke by 21 pts and Hibriten beat them by 10 and 3 pts. MH beat AC Reynolds by 22 and 36 pts and Hibriten beat them by 10 pts. Hibriten’s SOS is .5 compared to MH’s -1.8. Just doesn’t look right to me. One would think that less losses and two common opponents points differential should make up for a small SOS disparity between the two. I guess the NCHSAA adjusted formula is based solely off of SOS.

How can playing a common opponent not have more weighting than SOS? Mtn. Heritage (21-1) and Hibriten (21-2) both played East Burke and AC Reynolds. MH beat East Burke by 21 pts and Hibriten beat them by 10 and 3 pts. MH beat AC Reynolds by 22 and 36 pts and Hibriten beat them by 10 pts. Hibriten’s SOS is .5 compared to MH’s -1.8. Just doesn’t look right to me. One would think that less losses and two common opponents points differential should make up for a small SOS disparity between the two. I guess the NCHSAA adjusted formula is based solely off of SOS.
Yea mountain heritage should be ahead of hibriten

I still think NCHSAA adjust things accordingly. MH is the best team in the west and should be a 1 or 2 seed. But we will see...

I still think NCHSAA adjust things accordingly. MH is the best team in the west and should be a 1 or 2 seed. But we will see...
This 2a west is pretty strong. A team like North Forsyth finished third in our conference and are capable of beating anyone

Jordan-Matthews just beat HP Andrews to win 2A PAC 7 tournament title and will be No. 2 seed out of the conference now I assume. Great run but Coach Wiley and the Jets.

Jordan-Matthews just beat HP Andrews to win 2A PAC 7 tournament title and will be No. 2 seed out of the conference now I assume. Great run but Coach Wiley and the Jets.
They will go in as an at large team, not a # 2. That changed a few years ago.

Reactions: Griddie
According to the last Adjusted Maxpreps on 2/17/20, they will go in as the 5th # 1 seed in the west. Their strength of schedule is what is hurting them. It is currently at a -2.1, but they do have good record at 23-1 and Coach Newson does a great job with those kids. I have seen them play the last two years and they are a very good team. Definitely one of the top teams, if not the best coming out of the west.

According to the last Adjusted Maxpreps on 2/17/20, they will go in as the 5th # 1 seed in the west. Their strength of schedule is what is hurting them. It is currently at a -2.1, but they do have good record at 23-1 and Coach Newson does a great job with those kids. I have seen them play the last two years and they are a very good team. Definitely one of the top teams, if not the best coming out of the west.
Hibriten just lost to Patton so that should move heritage in front of them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT