ADVERTISEMENT

Tuscola/Franklin scrimmage

Tuscola scored five times Franklin scored once.
Really hard to tell exactly with the way scrimmages go, In the 10 play segment Tuscola seemed to have a definite edge, holding Franklin to one score in three sets of 10 plays while scoring 3 or 4 times themselves. In the more game like second segment the teams seemed much more evenly matched. THS scored one time and Franklin managed only a field goal in two series each. Both teams did move the ball well at times. Franklin showed an ability and willingness to pass more than they usually do. While Tuscola will miss their great FB from last year, last night showed that there is more than ample talent to be optimistic about. Franklin should challenge for the title in their conference, they are physical and well coached as they always are. I dont know how the JV part of the scrimmage went as I couldnt watch both at the same time. Maybe someone can fill us in on that part.

Sounds good, we knew the mountaineers had some very good RB's coming up, and could be very good if the O and D lines come together. Thanks whoa, if you have any info on tonights scrimmage let us know.

Sounds good, we knew the mountaineers had some very good RB's coming up, and could be very good if the O and D lines come together. Thanks whoa, if you have any info on tonights scrimmage let us know.
You mean Friday night? I do plan to attend that scrimmage with Hendersonville as well. I will try to post what I can as soon as I can after i get back.

. Franklin showed an ability and willingness to pass more than they usually do.

I'll bet this changes once the season starts. Franklin's run game should be pretty much the exact same as it was last year, but some of the options in the passing game have changed and probably need more work than the run.

When Mule doesn't report what happened in a Tuscola game it's mean they didn't do well.
Score was tied 14 all for quite some time. Tuscola turned the ball over and Hendersonville got two quick scores to go up 28-14. They picked up another late TD and kicked a FG with :05 left.

The RB and QB for the Bearcats are pretty good. You'll get to find out soon enough, and it will count.

Score was tied 14 all for quite some time. Tuscola turned the ball over and Hendersonville got two quick scores to go up 28-14. They picked up another late TD and kicked a FG with :05 left.

The RB and QB for the Bearcats are pretty good. You'll get to find out soon enough, and it will count.
We will find out Labor Day weekend and yes it will count if your from Haywood County

When Mule doesn't report what happened in a Tuscola game it's mean they didn't do well.
Is that a fact? If they stay healthy, Hendersonville may well win that conference. Ive already seen Franklin, and Hendersonville is head and shoulders above the Panthers, at least right now. Theirr passing game is just going to wear out that league I believe. When teams gear up to stop that, they have a very slick RB that is difficult to bring down. A very balanced quick and athletic group this Hend team. Their depth is what may be an issue as the season goes on. As I recall, THS had trouble with them in last year's scrimmage too. Fridays game was even, for a quarter and a half Both teams were effective offensively, but a key turnover deep in THS territory hurt, and the momentum changed after that. As with all scrimmages it is really hard to tell how things would have gone in a real game situation, all the different players shuffling in and out, no live kicking allowed,etc, Plus it is hard to prepare for a team like this with what, only a day of prep time. Bottom line: I am glad it is Pisgah that will have to deal with this team rather than Tuscola, with all the other teams they are going to have to contend with this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT