ADVERTISEMENT

TUSCOLA/AC REYNOLDS

No offense to Pisgah fans but you wouldn't beat Reynolds either. My Warriors put 34 on them and still lost. They are really good this season. Tuscola is a solid team but ACR it's tough to beat.

I don't think Pisgah would beat Reynolds either but I didn't come away from watching the game last night impressed with Reynolds. I doubt they'll make it past the second round in the playoffs and they better take it up a notch if they want to get past the first. Not everyone is going to drop passes like Tuscola or let a guy get 20 yds behind them on a blown coverage.

If they're the best in the mountains (and they probably are) its pretty damn depressing to think about.

Reactions: RealityRulz
Dabo, LOL. Dabo has ACR type talent to work with. Promote within? Didn't Tuscola learn the last time they tried to hire a 'local' boy that had one win prior to coming there? He was beyond pitiful. Didn't you guys learn anything from the last time the 'local boy' staff and administration undermined the then current coach to bring in 'old red.' Tuscola will have to go hire someone outside the area that is a proven commodity before he takes the job. There may be two head coaches west of Charlotte that could win with the level of talent in Waynesville. Neither Haywood School can win with rookie coaches. People in Haywood County should know neither school is a learn as you go situation. You need to hire a Keifer level caliber coach again. Last time I checked, no 'good old boys' from Haywood have that skill set. Funny thing is, you are bitching about a Hall of Fame coach that won 11 games last year and is on pace to win 30 games in 3 years because he is not 'from around here' and can't win one game a year. Did you forget where you were before he got there? You should respect the mess and trainwreck of a program that Pursley bailed out from the previous administration and athletic leadership while producing quality kids and being a true adult leader and role model. SMH.

Reactions: WhoaMule and L Boog
I agree about reynolds..have you saw some of the teams that are in 3a or 3aa this year..its absolutely loaded...no chance they play beyond week 2 of playoffs..tuscola was not very good...and too be honest I don't think they expected to win and by listening to there coaches interview before the game he made me believe they were playing the packers...hes 0-4 against Pisgah.

Reactions: RealityRulz
LOL no I'd say dabo has better than ACR talent

I meant the better talent level at the level they are coaching, Dabo would be average with UNC level talent. He has much better players at Clemson than most other schools in his classification.

Let me ask the Haywood county fellas on here something...now I get this will NEVER happen but do you guys think if tuscola and Pisgah consolidated into one school could they compete with down state teams?

Let me ask the Haywood county fellas on here something...now I get this will NEVER happen but do you guys think if tuscola and Pisgah consolidated into one school could they compete with down state teams?
No

That would make them 4AA so they get to play teams like Mallard Creek. . . That answers that.

Agree with you 100% Jubal, it's like the cliche of insanity, "doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result", the results have been the same, bad defense his whole tenure and unable to win big games. Maybe we wouldn't beat Reynolds or south point last season but just be more competitive by not being so predictable.

Dabo, LOL. Dabo has ACR type talent to work with. Promote within? Didn't Tuscola learn the last time they tried to hire a 'local' boy that had one win prior to coming there? He was beyond pitiful. Didn't you guys learn anything from the last time the 'local boy' staff and administration undermined the then current coach to bring in 'old red.' Tuscola will have to go hire someone outside the area that is a proven commodity before he takes the job. There may be two head coaches west of Charlotte that could win with the level of talent in Waynesville. Neither Haywood School can win with rookie coaches. People in Haywood County should know neither school is a learn as you go situation. You need to hire a Keifer level caliber coach again. Last time I checked, no 'good old boys' from Haywood have that skill set. Funny thing is, you are bitching about a Hall of Fame coach that won 11 games last year and is on pace to win 30 games in 3 years because he is not 'from around here' and can't win one game a year. Did you forget where you were before he got there? You should respect the mess and trainwreck of a program that Pursley bailed out from the previous administration and athletic leadership while producing quality kids and being a true adult leader and role model. SMH.

Well said sir. Please respect this man. I've been around him quite a bit during MANY championships... AWESOME coach and an even better man. This system is designed to take average and make great results. I've been apart of MANY underdog victories over Goliath with Coach Pursley. Get your facts right!

Pursley isn't from around here. He's not even HERE 6 mos a year. And yeah he can't win the BIG ONE. Facts are facts. We had beaten those guys from the east end 5 out of 7 times before he turned it into "just another game". How's that worked out? He took the best senior class in a decade or more last year and led them to a.... wait for it..... second round blow out loss. When he's not here boring our 12 fans to death with his 1963 offense he's livin high on the hog down on the 18th green in the flatlands. The Pisgah HC is at youth league games, MS games. Has started a flag football league in the spring/ summer for younger kids. He gets it. And he's kicking our tail. Oh yeah, and the guy they had before him, DP, was promoted from within and won 100 games in ten years. So I'd say it's possible for a haywood team to win with a rookie HC. Dont come at me with your "Hall of Fame" coach crap. That's useless banter. He's gonna go down as the only coach in tuscola history who's 0-4 vs the bears. Maybe they can put that his HOF plaque.

Man you sure do have a lot to say. I bet you probably have never played the game or was probably garbage. Hall of Fame coach crap comes from years of dominating the competition and averaging 10 wins a year for over 20 years. How do you think you got the best team in years last year? Through coach's work in the offseason. You are clueless.

I think you could take the best 11 from Pisgah and Tuscola combined and they would have little chance to beat a team that can spread the field. The lack of team speed and the fact neither has a secondary that can cover a good passing game would be too much to overcome. Mountain football overall is not too impressive this year. There are about 4-5 good teams and a bunch of average to bad teams. Hopefully, this is a short term cycle we are going through.

You guys need to find Bamatide and let him get you another coach.Remember when he was bragging about this guy.Haven't seen him post lately.

No one is saying he isn't a good man or wasn't a good coach, but it seems to me times have passed him up, speed and talent can make coaches look better, coaching has to be better when you don't have that luxury. There is no fire or emotion on Friday nights, which tells me the coach isn't getting through to players anymore.

#1 was outstanding on JV the last two years and looked like the best QB at Tuscola, why isn't he getting that opportunity, anyone know?

Funny thing is, you are bitching about a Hall of Fame coach that won 11 games last year and is on pace to win 30 games in 3 years because he is not 'from around here' and can't win one game a year. SMH.
Unless Tuscola runs the table all the way to the state semis, he's not on pace to win 30 games in his first 3 years. I think he's done a good job, just saying that either your math or your expectations are off.

#1 was outstanding on JV the last two years and looked like the best QB at Tuscola, why isn't he getting that opportunity, anyone know?

Probably because he isn't the best QB at Tuscola. Tommy didn't win all those games by keeping his best players on the bench. #1 is either injured or not getting it done in practice. Otherwise he'd be playing.

Simple as that.

Reactions: L Boog
I’m hoping Pursley coaches at Tuscola for twenty more years so the Bears can keep having a guaranteed win on the schedule. He’s my favorite coach in WNC

I love giving the good folks of Haywood county a hard time..but growing up in WNC I know beyond any doubt TUSCOLA / PISGAH is not just any other game...ive often thought tuscola and Pisgah can be two great jobs and two awful jobs at same time and why I say that is this..both schools have had many great teams from the Doug Brooks and Carroll Wright eras to as recently as last year. Both have rabid fan bases that support ( I feel Pisgah supports better) so tradition and great support make any job appealing..but those same rabid fans often have un realistic expectations..lets be honest Pisgah and tuscola were both very good last year and both got man handled in 3a playoffs..for any school in WNC PLAYING 2A OR 3A a trip to the 3rd round is a GREAT YEAR and a trip beyond that is PHENOMENAL...i think TP is a good coach but I'm not sure he ever took the time to understand Haywood county before coming here..i don't mean that in a bad way..and let's be honest if he's 4-0 and coach Chappell is 0-4 it's probably the opposite coach on the hot seat

Jubal- yes we had track speed every year, but we had heart to go with it. Believe it or not we were smaller than SP in the 2004 Championship game at UNC. The difference truly was our off-season work/preparation. We outhustled you and beat you up which allowed the track stars to work. Our weight room (amongst the bigs) was second to none. PERIOD.

No one is saying he isn't a good man or wasn't a good coach, but it seems to me times have passed him up, speed and talent can make coaches look better, coaching has to be better when you don't have that luxury. There is no fire or emotion on Friday nights, which tells me the coach isn't getting through to players anymore.

"Fire and emotion" is a commodity that is rarely in good supply in Waynesville regardless of who is coaching. Rarer still, I remember a home playoff game 5 years ago after a solid 8-3 season that drew something like 300 people. Friday night I witnessed a crowd not much bigger than that FOR A HOMECOMING game. How does one get a disinterested community to turn out for Friday games short of letting them in for free and then charging them to get out?"

"Fire and emotion" is a commodity that is rarely in good supply in Waynesville regardless of who is coaching. Rarer still, I remember a home playoff game 5 years ago after a solid 8-3 season that drew something like 300 people. Friday night I witnessed a crowd not much bigger than that FOR A HOMECOMING game. How does one get a disinterested community to turn out for Friday games short of letting them in for free and then charging them to get out?"
Well. Beating Pisgah at the start of the season would be a nice solid start.o_O

Oh that early September game would have made ALL the difference in the support at an October Homecoming game, IM sure. o_O

Oh that early September game would have made ALL the difference in the support at an October Homecoming game, IM sure. o_O
I guess we will never know since we have decided it doesn't matter anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT