ADVERTISEMENT

TUSCOLA/AC REYNOLDS

DMULL

Nov 21, 2009
Well, this will be a tough one for the Mountaineers. We got things back on track after the Pisgah embarrassment, albeit against lesser competition. I would like to see Tuscola keep it close, our offense struggles at times this season which is frustrating since the style of offense forces us to be one dimensional. I know it's far fetched but I would love to see coach mix in some spread formations. The Defense is still suspect in passing game, which is understandable seeing as how they never have to defend a pass in practice. Smoky mtn took advantage of our pass defense in the first half, but we tightened up in the second half. This team has the potential to be pretty darn good, I think this could be a big confidence boost to get a win and play a solid game this Thursday on TV.

What does everyone think, Pisgah is the best team we have played so it's safe to say we will have to play a thousand times better than we did there, GO MOUNTAINEERS!

Well, I don't have a dog in the fight (I'm a Black Bear). But, just my two cents... If Smoky was able to take advantage of your pass D any at all then y'all are going to be in for a long night against ACR. They have the best QB y'all will see this year, in the reg. season anyways. Tuscola is just too one-dementional and everyone knows it. Y'all are the 4th best team that Pisgah has played this year behind Greeneville, Murphy, and Polk. The thing that all of those teams have in common is that they're multi-dementional and you actually have to prepare for a non-predictable offense and the pass. The game of football is changing and has been for a while, like it or not, and more and more teams are running the spread or some form of it. You can either change with the times or get left behind and your Coach just doesn't seem to get that. With that being said, I hope y'all somehow find a way to upset ACR this week. I actually like to see Tuscola do good when they're not playing Pisgah! Lol. I don't think that will happen this week or until y'all get a change of "scenery" though. ACR by 35...

If your pass defense is suspect and your offense struggles at times. Y’all probably in for a long night.

Well, I don't have a dog in the fight (I'm a Black Bear). But, just my two cents... If Smoky was able to take advantage of your pass D any at all then y'all are going to be in for a long night against ACR. They have the best QB y'all will see this year, in the reg. season anyways. Tuscola is just too one-dementional and everyone knows it. Y'all are the 4th best team that Pisgah has played this year behind Greeneville, Murphy, and Polk. The thing that all of those teams have in common is that they're multi-dementional and you actually have to prepare for a non-predictable offense and the pass. The game of football is changing and has been for a while, like it or not, and more and more teams are running the spread or some form of it. You can either change with the times or get left behind and your Coach just doesn't seem to get that. With that being said, I hope y'all somehow find a way to upset ACR this week. I actually like to see Tuscola do good when they're not playing Pisgah! Lol. I don't think that will happen this week or until y'all get a change of "scenery" though. ACR by 35...

I disagree. South Point runs the triple option And completely dominates it. Defending state champs, and are currently ranked number 1 in 2A in most polls.

Crest91, I was just meaning that in general the majority of teams have transitioned to a newer age offensive scheme. Not all teams run the spread or a form of it. But, the majority do now. South Point, obviously has the studs to pull off just about any type of offense off at the HS level! Lol. There's always an anomaly to every situation.

I've always thought personally that the triple option, flex bone, veer, wishbone whatever was a offense specifically designed for teams with little "athletic" talent. As long as you got some boys on the line that can block and a QB that can think on his feet, you can run on anyone lol

South Point is an absolute outlier with that offense, they had the best line play I have seen in a long time, and they couldn't pass either, just ran that offense to perfection. Tuscola doesn't have that exceptional line play, so we need to make up for that in other ways such as a pass game. We were shut down against Pisgah, they just know us too well. It just depends on how good the opposing coach is at game planning, when is the last time Reynolds played a triple option team, there's not many out there so it will be new to them I would assume. You can't put too much weight on that Pisgah game, they played as well as they have this season and we played as poorly as we have.

acr struggled last year vs watauga a good triple option team. imo the key in this game is for acr to score early and get a lead if the get behind early it could be a long night. that said acr's speed on defense will overcome some mistakes but i look for a 28-14 type game acr

Reactions: Mrbush
ACR will dominate tuscola at the line of scrimmage. tuscola has not got the o-line this year. They have speed but that don't really matter if you can't get going. I'm sure they'll catch ACR sleeping a couple times and score. But in the end ACR will be to much. ACR by 3 tds.

i havent seen tuscola play yet. im basing my opinion on what ive heard and read about them.i think acr will have more size and speed on both sides of the ball plus we can throw it very well.having to play the triple option can be tough too though. im looking for a hard hitting game with acr winning 35 to 21. go green

I disagree. South Point runs the triple option And completely dominates it. Defending state champs, and are currently ranked number 1 in 2A in most polls.
I agree with this. That offense isnt as dead as is rumored, is it?

I've always thought personally that the triple option, flex bone, veer, wishbone whatever was a offense specifically designed for teams with little "athletic" talent. As long as you got some boys on the line that can block and a QB that can think on his feet, you can run on anyone lol
I agree with this also. That is a message on a bulletin board in the THS locker room. One of the advantages of this offense is to get the most out of available talent. It forces more athletic teams to THINK more than they generally are required which effectively slows them down a step.

I agree with this also. That is a message on a bulletin board in the THS locker room. One of the advantages of this offense is to get the most out of available talent. It forces more athletic teams to THINK more than they generally are required which effectively slows them down a step.
I can agree with that

I hope Tuscola comes out with some fire and emotion. I know that only takes you but so far, but this team needs to play with more intensity. This will be the best team we play this year, particularly in the passing game.

Seems the JV's put on a show tonight, ACR came back from 20-0 deficit to win 30-28. I didn't get to see this one, but sounds like a great one.

It was a very good game. Tuscola came out and was kicking our butt the first half. I understand there was a great halftime speech by the head man and ACR came out the 2nd half and played much better. ACR returned the 2nd half KO back for a TD and that got the ball rolling for our guys a little. Tuscola manhandled us up front for the majority of the game but we were able to overcome that aspect of our game last night. It was a hard fought game by both teams.

Tuscola miscues and a missed fg at the end was the difference. Great game

Heard the Mounties will be missing two key players tonight. Should be a challenge with sophomores out there.

Last edited:
I'm dying laughing. Mr. Wallace tuscolas guest coin tosser,had a shirt on that read "I bleed red and black". Lmao.

I think that's his college colors? But keep laughing if it makes you feel good

There is not a player in Haywood County that would have any playing time for Reynolds. That county is all of a sudden void of athletic talent.
I’m sure it is.. we had a player come from enka years ago. And by his senior year was all state

Tuscola HAS to figure a way for their best players not to go both ways the whole game, they were exhausted by the end of the game.

I just feel tuscola's qb has took a step back in decision making. He was making better choices with the ball last year. But I guess that'll happen when your line isn't giving you the time to decide what to do with the ball.

It's a lot easier to make decisions when you can turn around and you have a ferguson in the backfield ! Tuscola is not even close to the team they were last year. They have no depth to speak of. There line is atrocious and defense is not well coached at all. They were outmanned/ out coached all there is to it. We will win maybe 2 more games at best mark it down

No offense to Pisgah fans but you wouldn't beat Reynolds either. My Warriors put 34 on them and still lost. They are really good this season. Tuscola is a solid team but ACR it's tough to beat.

Roberson was supposed to come in 2nd in the Mac according to the preseason poll. Tuscola 3rd. Asheville 4

If memory serves, Dabo was promoted from within, mid season. Zero HC experience on his resume. That turned out pretty well. Could this be the route Tuscola should take. Hmmmm something to think about.[/QUOTE]

Who on Tuscola's staff do you think is ready to be a head coach?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT