ADVERTISEMENT

Tuscola (7-0) vs. Pisgah (7-0)

Where do you park at for these games? I looked on google earth and neither school seems to have a lot of parking.

all along the roads and fields and etc. essentially anywhere you can fit your truck.

Ready for some boys a little west to come up and give them bears a spanking ?

Looking forward to a possible trip to Pisgah, I have been to Tuscola but not Pisgah yet. Of course Id rather be at Burns but dont mind seeing new places.

Most Pisgah are the same way Rev. I personally like traveling to new schools and checking out their facilities.

Why would Pisgah put their reserves in during a close game? I'm guessing you are referring to Friday.
No....Thursdays jv game in response to someone suggesting that Tuscola did not substitute when they got so far ahead.

I am Sure the Tuscola staff could care less about any Opinion you have, but I am sure they didn't know you were an expert at evaluating talent and coaching quarterbacks!! Really, this coming from someone who never strapped on a Helmet!!
Well strapping on a helmet as you put it, sure hasnt seemed to improve your judgement I cant help but notice. And youre right the THS coaching staff really could care less about my, or anybody elses opinion. But I do try without specifically mentioning HS players names to base my public comments on what those who really DO know have said to me. Can you say the same?

The dust is settled and if you would allow me to share my personal feelings. Haywood county ROCKS. While I have my favorite team on the east end of the county, I must say how I am grateful for the quality of people on both ends of the county. Both my children have came up through the public school system, one remains in Haywood, the other is an Army officers wife and continually states how proud she is to have had the opportunity to call Haywood County home. Congrats to both Pisgah and Tuscola for the quality players, coaches, staff, and in general great people to call neighbors!! No other county in WNC can compare!!! You will not find a community that supports their kids more no matter what their interest, music, drama, welding, or athletics .The Tuscola and Pisgah communities are proud and passionate. Haywood County ROCKS

Reactions: wncbowhunter
This is for the Pisgah fans that decided to leave with five minutes left in game.First you missed one of the greatest comebacks in Pisgah ,Tuscola history.Second you are really not Pisgah fans,third I am glad that unlike you the Pisgah players, coaches and by and large the true Pisgah fans never gave up.
Now it's on to North,Smoky and Brevard.Go Bears.

This is for the Pisgah fans that decided to leave with five minutes left in game.First you missed one of the greatest comebacks in Pisgah ,Tuscola history.Second you are really not Pisgah fans,third I am glad that unlike you the Pisgah players, coaches and by and large the true Pisgah fans never gave up.
From my seat I didnt see too many fans leave on either side?

From my seat I didnt see too many fans leave that game on either side. One of the disappointments I feel needs to be discussed is the fact that Great AMerican Rivalry chose not to stream this game. I wonder what benefit it is to have them there if they dont feel it worthy to cover. Seems to me that room could have been better used to shoehorn more people in. The big football took up room that we could have put 20-30 more people. I think they could have done a better job for such a big game. Any thoughts on this?

From my seat I didnt see too many fans leave on either side?
I don't think I asked you a question .But I will now.Why no report in the paper on the game.Maybe you still trying to figure out some way you can change the score?The Pisgah reporter put her's in Monday.
I think everyone that wanted in got in.

Last edited:
I don't think I asked you a question .But I will now.Why no report in the paper on the game.Maybe you still trying to figure out some way you can change the score?The Pisgah reporter put her's in Monday.
I think everyone that wanted in got in.
This is a discussion board and all posters are free to respond (or not) to any post in it. In the games between PHS and THS, it is the job of the beat writer at the HOME school to cover the story. And Rhonda, the PHS reporter DID put a fine report in. When this game is at Pisgah it is her story to do. At Tuscola the roles are reversed. It has been that way for the 10 years I have been there. My responsibility was the JV game (which was at Tuscola.) As for changing the score, why? My job is to WRITE DOWN THE SCORE, not create it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT