ADVERTISEMENT

TURF

Talk to your representatives. They control the purse strings.
Yes, the representative that gets a large chunk of his Surry County votes from the city of Mount Airy ! But if he is not giving the Bears the same he gave the 3 Surry County Schools and all the other counties in his district then we need to remember that in November. He can't do it until after this season but must allocate the money to the school before November to get my vote. The same goes for another representative, Stevens from Mount Airy and has a Law office here.

Last edited:
Yes, the representative that gets a large chunk of his Surry County votes from the city of Mount Airy ! But if he is not giving the Bears the same he gave the 3 Surry County Schools and all the other counties in his district then we need to remember that in November. He can't do it until after this season but must allocate the money to the school before November to get my vote. The same goes for another representative, Stevens from Mount Airy and has a Law office here.
Which rep are you speaking of TD? Initials will be sufficient so we're not plastering his name on here.

Which rep are you speaking of TD? Initials will be sufficient so we're not plastering his name on here.
I could not remember his name but it was a he that got all the turf fields. Also could not find the post or thread that had his name and it was not worth spending a lot of time looking for it. But I guess East Surry's field looks great.

Also, the rep I did mention has an ad for her position that she was voted into office for supporting Mount Airy Bears on the radio every Friday night, and I'm not sure why she did not do anything to help.

Best of luck to East Surry in their 2A conference play this year.

I could not remember his name but it was a he that got all the turf fields. Also could not find the post or thread that had his name and it was not worth spending a lot of time looking for it. But I guess East Surry's field looks great.

Also, the rep I did mention has an ad for her position that she was voted into office for supporting Mount Airy Bears on the radio every Friday night, and I'm not sure why she did not do anything to help.

🤔🤔🤔

Reactions: sbbbfan

Of all things people say on this site, you don't want to put what is public information? Haha. For Surry county area, the house rep is Sarah Stevens and Senate member is Eddie Settle.

I'm assuming you are talking about Settle?

EWCards#1, you should know since he is from your community. :)
Yes I knew exactly who he was talking about but was trying to get TD to say it to make sure I was on the same page.
Of all things people say on this site, you don't want to put what is public information? Haha. For Surry county area, the house rep is Sarah Stevens and Senate member is Eddie Settle.

I'm assuming you are talking about Settle?
It's not an issue I'm sure. I just wasn't going to be the one say his name.

Either way, all this just in regards to TD saying he got majority of his votes from the MA area is hilarious. Thats why I was after who he was talking about as I'm sure majority of his votes come from the eastern end of wilkes, elkin, jonesville areas.

I agree I guess I am old school but love a well manicured grass ball field. I was looking forward to new press box.
Yes, those grass fields look really good when the season starts but by mid-season, they start getting bad once the 1st frost kills that Bermuda grass and you start to seeing low spots that can't be patched very well once the grass dies. But I guess I will have to go with whatever the school decides on. It will be a shame to have 6 of the schools in the conference and non-conference having turf that they play that I know of. schools I have not heard if they have turf or not.

That feild is brown as all get out mid season on just as soon as it turns cold I thought we were getting turf it was sure thing next season I voted settle and Steven's if we don't get it they don't get my vote either

Yes, those grass fields look really good when the season starts but by mid-season, they start getting bad once the 1st frost kills that Bermuda grass and you start to seeing low spots that can't be patched very well once the grass dies. But I guess I will have to go with whatever the school decides on. It will be a shame to have 6 of the schools in the conference and non-conference having turf that they play that I know of. schools I have not heard if they have turf or not.

Ashe County, South Stokes, North Stokes, and Elkin are the only schools Mount Airy plays this season that either don't have turf or I am not sure about. I know Elkin along with Mount Airy but Ashe and the Stokes schools I don't remember hearing anything about.

It still amazes me that Mount Airy was left out of the Surry County schools getting turf. I know why Elkin did not get it, because of being in a flooding area beside the river.

If the average cost to replace a turf field is about half of the cost of install. And the average age is 12 years and it cost 1.1 million to do one. I can tell you this it sure as hell doesn't cost 900 grand to maintain a grass field yearly. It was a stupid decision for a surface that increases injuries, especially on young men and women with growing bodies.

If the average cost to replace a turf field is about half of the cost of install. And the average age is 12 years and it cost 1.1 million to do one. I can tell you this it sure as hell doesn't cost 900 grand to maintain a grass field yearly. It was a stupid decision for a surface that increases injuries, especially on young men and women with growing bodies.
I agree if it only last 12 years that rolls around pretty quickly

Reactions: fitguync30
Its a ridiculous thing to do for the money. You could hire a full time team to take care of it, seed it with rye when it gets cold so that it would stay green and still have a ton of money left over. Just the same example of our wussy society keeping up with the joneses.

studies in Australia show that it still costs 8 g a year to maintain. High maintenance on a real grass field. Like the highest is at 50 k. Including labor.

Reactions: fitguync30
Its a ridiculous thing to do for the money. You could hire a full time team to take care of it, seed it with rye when it gets cold so that it would stay green and still have a ton of money left over. Just the same example of our wussy society keeping up with the joneses.
I was wondering about the rye overseed. A lot of golf courses went away from it because of the cost. A football field is small area

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT