Tuff season for the ville

TVILLEDAWG2370

Nov 25, 2012
1)No playoff appearance
2)Lost to E.Davidson for the first time ever
3)Lost on Homecomming night
4)Finished tied for last in the conference
5)A 2 win season

Hard to believe all this happend in one season,but we will bounce back,we have no choice.
I still love my dogs always!!!

This post was edited on 11/8 7:22 AM by TVILLEDAWG2370

This post was edited on 11/8 7:34 AM by TVILLEDAWG2370

Don't forget, only the second loss to Lexington in over twenty years. But they'll be back. Lots of talent coming back next year. They'll be bigger and faster. Hope they'll be smarter too.

Why do You Guys have to be Bigger and Faster next Year. We want You to be smaller and slower. Anyway next years game will come after a long off season for both of Us. Anyway You Guys are still Thomasville and We know that You all are always Winners

We're looking forward to renewing the rivalry with the Blue Dogs. Hopefully, we'll both be much improved when it happens.

And its gonna get nothing but tougher. Trust me, Thomasville football as we once knew it is gone. Started with the pushing out of the superintendent, then the AD, then the football coach. Now I hear through the grapevine 2 more coaches are maybe getting pushed out, or they have parted ways.
One of the saddest things I saw this year was Coach Bryant walking the sidelines on Friday nights with no aparrant job other than a position coach. If they had put him in charge of the defense the year would have been better for sure.

Mattera's first year at Edenton wasn't great either. After his first year he turned the Edenton program around. Give it some time

Saw where Tville is advertising for a coach and history teacher. Who is leaving the staff?

I believe the high school lost a social studies teacher, who was not a coach.

Number one, this ain't Edenton, it's Thomasville.

Number two, I do believe it was a coach that is gone. Matter of fact it's 2 coaches that are now gone -- 2 of the only remaining original Coach Brown's staff. That's why its about to get worse

The opening is for a teacher that is not a coach. You're probably right that two assistants will retire or teach, but not coach, next year. You're also right that Coach Brown was treated poorly. But the implication that the superintendent was run off is completely off the mark.

The reality is that we are entering a new era. We can either gripe and pine for the past or support the teams of the future. Whether Coach Mattera is the right fit is to be decided. But he is working hard to get the program back to where it needs to be. Next year will go a long way toward deciding that. Should he listen to, and value his assistants more? Yes. Should he calm his demeanor on the sidelines? Yes. But Allen faced a lot of the same criticisms when he took over a Cushwa program forty years ago.

For the sake of the kids and the program, we owe it to them to provide the support necessary to make it and them successful. We have been spoiled for a long time, and a lot of things have changed. What shouldn't change is the support of the adults in our community for the kids, the school, and the town we live in.

Originally posted by ocdavis31:
The opening is for a teacher that is not a coach. You're probably right that two assistants will retire or teach, but not coach, next year. You're also right that Coach Brown was treated poorly. But the implication that the superintendent was run off is completely off the mark.

The reality is that we are entering a new era. We can either gripe and pine for the past or support the teams of the future. Whether Coach Mattera is the right fit is to be decided. But he is working hard to get the program back to where it needs to be. Next year will go a long way toward deciding that. Should he listen to, and value his assistants more? Yes. Should he calm his demeanor on the sidelines? Yes. But Allen faced a lot of the same criticisms when he took over a Cushwa program forty years ago.

For the sake of the kids and the program, we owe it to them to provide the support necessary to make it and them successful. We have been spoiled for a long time, and a lot of things have changed. What shouldn't change is the support of the adults in our community for the kids, the school, and the town we live in.
Fair enough! Good advice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT