ADVERTISEMENT

Triad

I have been on 501 to watch Dillion play football and to watch The Felton's at Latta & Mullins to hoop!! And I marvel at what MC has done in their short existence and I believe you've earned every accolade you guys receive!! Keep raising the bar for our state, a high tide raises all boats!! We as NC football probably owe MC a thank you!!

Was Butler really ranked #14 by MaxPreps in 2011? LOL, tough crowd. Yes, Butler uncharacteristically blew a big lead and lost to eventual champ Page in the quarters that year, but at the time of that loss, Butler had won 42 of their last 44 games and had won the last 2 4AA state titles, and had laid the wood to most of their schedule that season. Sometimes, it's amazing to see what a team has to do to impress certain people.

I got it wrong. Was flipping trough it fast while I was doing other stuff. I went back and checked it was 8th. Still finished behind Porter Ridge and Garner..... LOL

B&G I agree totally and that's what they're working on but I think what you're really saying is, "what Meck co power have you beaten?" And that's understandable but they play Page and maybe they need to try and beef up their schedule and I'm not saying that it's weak. But to follow the Meck co blueprint and go play at Richmond Co or at Catholic would help in the long run. I always appreciate solid solid football talk with objective knowledgable folks. And like I said I'm not an East guy and I subscribe to the I-85 theory. The further south you go on I-85 the better the football. Lol!!
Page vs CC at Keffer would be interesting. Unless you're Mallard Creek or Crest dreams of winning die at Keffer in the last 6 years so we invite the Pirates over for a get together :)

B&G over the last six season since 2010 here are some interesting CC numbers:
4 losses at home
0 conference game losses
3 title game appearances
1 title
6 straight regional finals appearances.
Sure part of that was 3AA and part was 4A but I don't see many other teams with those numbers going UP in classifications.

Everyone wants to look at last year and get all giddy. Catholic hasn't lost to Providence in about 10 years. They beat them by 20 two weeks before East lost to them just 2 years ago. Catholic plays in a very good 4a conference and hasn't lost a game in at least 4 years. Been to 3 finals in a row and 5 regional finals in a row. Its not even close. The 2013 Hood team would have run for 400 yards against East Forsyth.
Catholic would've destroyed that East Forysth team that lost to Providence. I saw CC smack that Providence team at their place WITH most of the missing players in the EF game playing vs CC.
Also in 2013 Hood alone would've probably run for 300 yards on East Forsyth, that game would've been over after 1 1/2 quarters.

That's why i pointed out EF needed to upgrade their non conference schedule. Schedule an out of area opponent. New Bern, Scotland, Catholic, George Washington high, Danville, VA (only 1 hr 20 min drive). Just do something different to challenge yourself

That's why i pointed out EF needed to upgrade their non conference schedule. Schedule an out of area opponent. New Bern, Scotland, Catholic, George Washington high, Danville, VA (only 1 hr 20 min drive). Just do something different to challenge yourself
They may want to, but the county may force them to play in conference opponents before looking elsewhere.

Catholic would've destroyed that East Forysth team that lost to Providence. I saw CC smack that Providence team at their place WITH most of the missing players in the EF game playing vs CC.
Also in 2013 Hood alone would've probably run for 300 yards on East Forsyth, that game would've been over after 1 1/2 quarters.
Every game is different as far as matchups. Catholic should have beat Northern Guilford but how did that go. East may have played a flat game against Providence.

Every game is different as far as matchups. Catholic should have beat Northern Guilford but how did that go. East may have played a flat game against Providence.

Undefeated 14-0 Northern Guilford with TJ Logan in the backfield vs a very average Providence with 6 starters missing and a back up QB. Big Difference. :)

I don't recall many non Charlotte folks picking CC to win that. Northern Guilford was way better coached than East Forsyth was/is. Whether you like him or not Roscoe could coach. Also CC would out-coach East Forsyth embarrassingly with both Oddo and Brodowicz.
Trust me CC would've laid the smackdown on EF in both 2013 and 2014. I mean you couldn't even beat Providence at home missing 6 starters, yet you think you'd matchup better with Catholic who dragged them around (with 5 of those 6 playing) LOL

Ok let's say CC does drag East as you say in 2013 & 2014, so is it safe to say that East would've dragged CC in 2012 & 2015!! I personally don't believe that can be said but someone using your logic might say just that.

Ok let's say CC does drag East as you say in 2013 & 2014, so is it safe to say that East would've dragged CC in 2012 & 2015!! I personally don't believe that can be said but someone using your logic might say just that.
I can see your point, but at the end of the day like we have all mostly agreed East is not a state power yet. Go out and earn it like everyone else does :)

They may want to, but the county may force them to play in conference opponents before looking elsewhere.
The county is scheduling two non-conference games within the system. They take no consideration as to classification. The smaller schools wanted the gates (all in county school games gate split) from WF,EF and Reagan.

Imagine what a good coach like Roscoe could do with the EF squad.
You have to be joking right? Is Roscoe a bad coach? No not at all. But to say could you imagine what he could do with a team like East is laughable. Coach Willert and his staff are very good coaches. Roscoe was playing with a stacked deck every year at Northern with all the players he was able to get in to that school. He had two years where he didn't have more than one big time D-1 player on the field (last year CJ Freeman and 2009-Keenan's sr year) and he didn't win it. If you look at his roster since 2008 I bet he's had more D-1 players than every school in the State at the 3A Football level. I'll also bet he's had more talent than most 4A teams that make the playoffs every year. With players like Keenan Allen, TJ Logan, Maurice Harris, Mook Reynolds, CJ Freeman. Every year he won a championship he had 3 or more D-1 kids on the field and at the 3A level teams like Morehead and Rockingham County can't keep up. Now this year you will see what a real Northern Guilford roster looks like. Thats because it's full of kids that actually live in the Summerfield district and not move in kids from NE, Dudley, and Page. Without all the move in kids they'll be lucky to win 6-7 games. I know Roscoe had a couple health issues but I also think he saw what was coming back and that made his decision to retire a bit easier.

Roscoe did well coaching last year. Had some injuries and still almost made the states last year.

NG had studs but you talk as if they was MC. Their oline and dline usually is small, average at best. Roscoe coached his tail off. Watch tape of the NG-Catholic game. TJ had a monster game but look how sounds both oline and dline was.

You have to be joking right? Is Roscoe a bad coach? No not at all. But to say could you imagine what he could do with a team like East is laughable. Coach Willert and his staff are very good coaches. Roscoe was playing with a stacked deck every year at Northern with all the players he was able to get in to that school. He had two years where he didn't have more than one big time D-1 player on the field (last year CJ Freeman and 2009-Keenan's sr year) and he didn't win it. If you look at his roster since 2008 I bet he's had more D-1 players than every school in the State at the 3A Football level. I'll also bet he's had more talent than most 4A teams that make the playoffs every year. With players like Keenan Allen, TJ Logan, Maurice Harris, Mook Reynolds, CJ Freeman. Every year he won a championship he had 3 or more D-1 kids on the field and at the 3A level teams like Morehead and Rockingham County can't keep up. Now this year you will see what a real Northern Guilford roster looks like. Thats because it's full of kids that actually live in the Summerfield district and not move in kids from NE, Dudley, and Page. Without all the move in kids they'll be lucky to win 6-7 games. I know Roscoe had a couple health issues but I also think he saw what was coming back and that made his decision to retire a bit easier.

I'm not joking whatsoever. I don't care for Northern Guilford, but Coach Roscoe is an elite coach who has the rings to prove it.

Would you see a Roscoe coached team blow a three score lead like EF has done in the past two seasons? The answer is no. When....or really "if" EF wins a state championship, then the current coaching staff can beat their chests. Not until then.

NG had studs but you talk as if they was MC. Their oline and dline usually is small, average at best. Roscoe coached his tail off. Watch tape of the NG-Catholic game. TJ had a monster game but look how sounds both oline and dline was.
That OL/DL was so fundamentally sound it was amazing.
Nepsy, Roscoe would've recruited better players to EF than Willert, remember Roscoe is a top notch recruiter.

Reactions: Warhead1
Who's to say that Coach Roscoe would have had the 3 score lead to blow?

That's funny. EF's 2014 come from ahead loss against Providence was a classic. EF's coaching staff was bragging at halftime about how they would kick MC's ass because MC was soft and stupid. They forgot that they should first win the game.

Karma is what again?????

That's funny. EF's 2014 come from ahead loss against Providence was a classic. EF's coaching staff was bragging at halftime about how they would kick MC's ass because MC was soft and stupid. They forgot that they should first win the game.

Karma is what again?????
Lol!

Okay, Roscoe is an elite coach and has the rings to prove it but thats because he had the most talented teams each year in the 3A. Name another 3A team that has put talent out like Northern has in the past 7 years? I do agree with Tarheel that Roscoe can coach but don't get me wrong with the amount of talent he had on those teams he should have that many rings. The Oline and Dline for Northern were not D-1 loaded like a MC but for 3A ball those guys could match any team.

Also, Earnhardt why in the heck would EF coaches brag about kicking MC ass at halftime against Providence and secondly how would you even know such a thing? Did you coach for East Forsyth? That sounds like a rumor a pissed off parent would start after such a tough loss. I can bet if anyone was stupid enough to say anything about MC at halftime in the providence game it wasn't a coach that mattered cause that something that fans may do I just have a hard time believing any coach at any level would do that.

I thought that 2012 Nighthawk was one of the best coached teams i have ever seen. They were not big upfront but very technically sound and got after it. Defense was fly around fast and they did not miss tackles.

Team speed on that team across the board was crazy fast. Not just the skill guys but the bigs as well.

I am aware of all the Roscoe stuff and the Logan stuff at the end of the title game was sad but there was zero question he could coach.

Roscoe would do wonders at EF. Hell give him Vance athletes and he would beat MC. EF team and coaches are good. IMO I can name 15 better coaching staffs than EF off the top of my head. Not a swipe at EF, just reality

Okay, Roscoe is an elite coach and has the rings to prove it but thats because he had the most talented teams each year in the 3A. Name another 3A team that has put talent out like Northern has in the past 7 years? I do agree with Tarheel that Roscoe can coach but don't get me wrong with the amount of talent he had on those teams he should have that many rings. The Oline and Dline for Northern were not D-1 loaded like a MC but for 3A ball those guys could match any team.

Also, Earnhardt why in the heck would EF coaches brag about kicking MC ass at halftime against Providence and secondly how would you even know such a thing? Did you coach for East Forsyth? That sounds like a rumor a pissed off parent would start after such a tough loss. I can bet if anyone was stupid enough to say anything about MC at halftime in the providence game it wasn't a coach that mattered cause that something that fans may do I just have a hard time believing any coach at any level would do that.

One of EF"s coaches talks too much and when he yells, he yells too loud. You can hear his idiocy from the stands.

Brutal loss and panic set in.

I hate to seem like I'm defending East Forsyth but they're in the upper echelon in the entire state. Now if you have a problem with the word "power" then maybe that can be debated. However with that said I don't think titles make you a state power. Isn't the classification argument that the Meck posters use against a certain Shelby poster hold true here as well? We must admit that 4AA is tougher than 4A, right? I'm not taking shots at Dudley or Catholic because they are also upper echelon programs but would they have titles in the 4AA division? Catholic played MC didn't they and was beaten soundly, correct? So is it safe to say they're not winning any 4AA titles? To hold East Forsyth to a title standard that no other team in the state of NC could've obtained against the likes of Indy, Butler & MC over the years isn't fair to me. (Page you did it and ran the gauntlet which makes your title extremely legit!!)

.....and EF has beaten Page for the last four years. Not too bad for a pretender. Maybe EF will get lucky and get to ride in the express lane (East) this November.

East Forsyth is the team to beat.. Period

I like West Forsyth as a dark horse! West is loaded on defense. JR. DE KJ Henry(50+ offers including Alabama) Soph DB McMillion (multiple D-1 offers) leads a stout defense with 6 other returnees.

West will be young, bring up a very nice QB who led the JV to 11-0 and conference champs. Coach Snow will have 140 players turn-out in August.

Over the last few seasons, when I've commented, I've been a Charlotte homie. I came from an area of Maryland, where football wasn't all that strong. My kids' teams lost mostly year after year. In the playoffs, it was the same old story. Then I moved to Charlotte and saw all these very good teams in Charlotte and how they were winning championships. My pendulum swung wayyy over to the other side and I had much zeal for the Charlotte teams without sufficient knowledge.

This year, my intent is to be a bit more balanced. With that being said, I underestimated East Forsyth in both 2012 and last season. Maybe the Creek fans knew they'd come back. I had my doubts. I thought the championship run had ended with about 1:30 or so to go.

East Forsyth had done in 2012 and last season, what Mallard Creek had done before winning the big one. They froze up. They froze on the road and froze at home. With that being said, I'm not going to be a EF basher. They have a good program that will only get better.

Regardless of what Creek fans say on here and regardless of the strategy EF may or may not have used, the fact of the matter is they had Mallard Creek in their hip pocket last season. For a second they took their hand out of their pocket and the Creek jumped out.

My own observation is, EF isn't a major power just yet. They don't have the wins and the championship appearances for that just yet. But they aren't also rans who got lucky a couple of years either.

I would consider them a solid program who are perennial state contenders. With a few upgrades, they're going to bring home a trophy. It was right there last season for the taking. But the football gods said not yet. But their time will come.

The way Charlotte football has taken off,( 5 Teams out of the Mecka alone ranked in the top 25) the winner of The West will most likely have to beat 2 or 3 elite programs to make it to the big game. You are going to need much more than a few upgrades.

Look transfer period in forsyth county is not over yet no one knows yet who might end up where. You never know what kid from high school A or high school B might show up

An interesting side note regarding East. Since 2012, when they lost to Butler on the road, they haven't played a playoff game on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT