ADVERTISEMENT

Triad

Here is my problem with the "Pro East Forsyth" posters on this thread. How can you say with a straight face that East Forsyth is a state power?
It has been said numerous times on this thread that they have been to ONE regional final since 1992. Vance who was formed in 1997, has been to two one in 2010, and 2014 in that same time frame. No disrespect to Vance they have some great athletes and coaches over there, but no one is getting on here proclaiming them a state power and they've been to more regional finals than East Forsyth.
57-10 over the last what 5-6 years is an excellent mark and East Forsyth should be congratulated and applauded for that, there are tons of teams who would give anything to have a record like that. However, they simply have not done what it takes to be a state power yet.
Need we go back to 2014 when you choked a 21pt lead at home to an 8 seeded Providence team missing their top starters?
Or last year when you choked a double digit lead at home to Mallard Creek and had an 8pt lead within the final two minutes and the ball?
State powers don't do that.
The best part is 2016 is a new year and you can re-write the narrative that has been placed on you. I look forward to hopefully another MC/East Forsyth matchup, and if Catholic isn't in the playoffs I know where I'll be if those two meet.
Exactly cc14 I was going back and forth with nepsy in a previous post about Vance vs them in a fun rivalry taunt but to see these guys who play, not to disrespect anybody, but mediocre schedule and claim to be a power when they constantly get ran thru by a 704 team..seems comical. To say ur a power means some kind of pattern of deep post season runs..like wake forest, Catholic, mallard creek. One decent run..doesn't count!

Exactly cc14 I was going back and forth with nepsy in a previous post about Vance vs them in a fun rivalry taunt but to see these guys who play, not to disrespect anybody, but mediocre schedule and claim to be a power when they constantly get ran thru by a 704 team..seems comical. To say ur a power means some kind of pattern of deep post season runs..like wake forest, Catholic, mallard creek. One decent run..doesn't count!
I agree, you need several years in a row of being deep in the playoffs to begin to get that real state power status. Dudley is another one with that title.
I'd love to see East Forsyth play some Charlotte teams if possible out of conference, that'd be some fun football to watch.

East Forsyth faithful here is what a state power's record looks like over the last 15 years:
2001 9-3 1st round
2002: 12-2 3rd round
2003: 10-4 3rd round
2004: 16-0 2AA State Champs
2005: 16-0 3AA State Champs
2006: 13-3 3AA Runner Up
2007: 13-3 3AA Runner Up
2008: 11-3 3rd round
2009: 7-5 1st round -you can have a rough year
2010: 14-1 4th round
2011: 13-1 4th round
2012: 13-2 3AA Runer Up
2013: 12-3 4th round(4A)
2014: 14-2 4A Runner Up
2015: 15-0 4A State Champs

Now that is a state powers record, tell me does East Forsyth have a track record like that over the last 15 years? Actually no, not 15 years how about the last 5 years? Get deep in the playoffs consistently, and you'll have your state power title although I'd much rather want State Champs, but it's whatever.
I could've put Butler's record up there, Dudley's, Mallard Creeks, and several others. They are all true state powers.

East Forsyth is a very talented team but they aren't a state power in 4AA. They had a very talented team last year but they still did not reach the state championship. Their one state championship ring came in 1992, so no, I don't see a state power.

While many remember the epic game between Mallard Creek and East Forsyth, many chose to forget the come from ahead loss EF suffered against Providence in the 2nd round of the 2014 4AA playoffs. Last year's Mallard Creek game was another one of those come from ahead losses. I also remember the 2012 EF-Butler game. Supposedly East Forsyth was going to beat the heck out of Butler but someone forgot to tell Butler to lay down. I don't want to hear the labor pains, but I do want to see the baby. The baby has been placed nicely on the MC player's ring finger.

Reactions: nepsy7
I'm a Triad guy and to say East has been the best in the Triad is a stretch. There have been years quite recently where somebody like a Dudley, Northern Guilford or a TW Andrews would have beaten East Forsyth.....all of these schools have won titles in recent memory...East is a good team and a consensus top 5 team the last few years but they haven't won a title

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
I'm a Triad guy and to say East has been the best in the Triad is a stretch. There have been years quite recently where somebody like a Dudley, Northern Guilford or a TW Andrews would have beaten East Forsyth.....all of these schools have won titles in recent memory...East is a good team and a consensus top 5 team the last few years but they haven't won a title
They haven't even gotten toa title game, or been in back to back regional finals. Let's get there first lol

Guys we get it East Forsyth is an average team that had one good year. How long are we going to beat this dead horse because there are other teams in this area that we could talk about that have a chance this year. I for one am very excited about this years NW Guilford team. 3rd year head coach Jared Rolfes has built a team with a ton of big time talent. They have some of the best receivers of any team in the Triad with Thomas Hennigan Tre Turner and Cam Cloud. All 3 are D-1 players and can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. I read on one website they return 18 starters from last years team. On another site they are preseason ranked in the Top 12 of the 4A. This team could upset a lot of people from what I'm hearing make a deep run in the playoffs and could also beat East Forsyth for the conference crown. Any thoughts on the Vikings?

Guys we get it East Forsyth is an average team that had one good year. How long are we going to beat this dead horse because there are other teams in this area that we could talk about that have a chance this year. I for one am very excited about this years NW Guilford team. 3rd year head coach Jared Rolfes has built a team with a ton of big time talent. They have some of the best receivers of any team in the Triad with Thomas Hennigan Tre Turner and Cam Cloud. All 3 are D-1 players and can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. I read on one website they return 18 starters from last years team. On another site they are preseason ranked in the Top 12 of the 4A. This team could upset a lot of people from what I'm hearing make a deep run in the playoffs and could also beat East Forsyth for the conference crown. Any thoughts on the Vikings?
If you talk to certain people(none on this thread) they'll tell you East Forsyth is a state power and will be again very good this year, they may be very good this year, but state power? No.

Some schools in Forsyth County seem to thump their own chest a little louder than others in surrounding counties within the Triad. You just don't find much chest bumping at much more successful schools in Guilford County.

East had some considerable success in the early 90's, won a state title back then but for the most part part up until the last 5-7 years has been a bottom feeder. Under Willert, he has continued to build that program up the right way and they are headed in the a very good direction, with a chance to continue and push for state titles. They do need to sustain their current success over the course of time to be considered among the elite.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
I certainly don't think EF is elite yet (titles, people, titles), but I'm actually one of the guys who does consider them to already be a state power. At least over the past 5 years. The main reason being is that I've seen them field two teams recently (2012, 2015) that I don't think 5 other teams in the state could beat. If you're fielding top 5 teams, and you're starting to do it fairly consistently, then in my eyes, you are a state power...by default, if for no other reason. After what happened in both of those years, I certainly think EF proved themselves to be more of a state power than Wake Forest does now or Britt did 5 years ago. At least people weren't already out in the parking lot by halftime in the games EF played against the eventual champs.

Charlotte maybe had 4 teams that could've beaten EF in 2015 (Mallard Creek, Butler, Hough and Catholic), but that was an all-time up year for Charlotte football in general...and I don't think ALL of these teams would've beaten them if they played. Just could've. Hough and Catholic would've both had issues with EF's speed, and Butler and Catholic would've both had issues with EF's size. Of course, EF would've had their own issues matching up with certain areas of any of these teams, so I think any and perhaps all of them would've been good games. I would not have bet money on any other team in the city being able to give them a serious challenge. Maybe early-season AL Brown (they were pretty good, too). That's pretty good company to be talked about with. State power good company.

East Forsyth was dangerously close to going small 4A in both 2012 and 2015. Do they win state titles in one or both years if they do? Do they win state titles in other years as well? I'm guessing there's definitely at least one trophy in there somewhere along the way if they had. Having to go through Mallard Creek and Butler to get your trophies has not been an easy task for anyone to pull off the last decade (shout out to Page here for pulling that one off). Going a different route might've produced an entirely different conversation here.

Last edited:
Ok I'm a Carver guy and East was down and their rise is at about the time Keith Wilkes left Carver. Now anyone in Forsyth Co can tell you that our liberal transfer rules allowed East to emerge and get a lot of kids that they didn't traditionally get in early years. Willert has taken the talent and ran with it and I personally think they are a top tier NC high school football team. It's hard to use the word power without the titles but they are playing the game on the highest level. I think over the past few years they're the best team in the Triad. I know Dudley, Northern Guilford & HPA has won titles but I don't think any of them would have titles on the 4AA level!! Page won a title but I think East who has played them every year in the past five years can feel good about how they stack up against them.

Ok I'm a Carver guy and East was down and their rise is at about the time Keith Wilkes left Carver. Now anyone in Forsyth Co can tell you that our liberal transfer rules allowed East to emerge and get a lot of kids that they didn't traditionally get in early years. Willert has taken the talent and ran with it and I personally think they are a top tier NC high school football team. It's hard to use the word power without the titles but they are playing the game on the highest level. I think over the past few years they're the best team in the Triad. I know Dudley, Northern Guilford & HPA has won titles but I don't think any of them would have titles on the 4AA level!! Page won a title but I think East who has played them every year in the past five years can feel good about how they stack up against them.

My thoughts exactly. If these other programs had to go through the Mallard Creek's/Butler's on a yearly basis, I think we would see a considerably less amount of titles/deep runs on their resumes.

Maybe EF will get shipped East in 4aa or drop down to 4a. Either way i don't see them beating Catholic or MC. I want to see with against Dudley even ND on an annual basis since their conference schedule as of late doesn't prepare them well for post season

Maybe EF will get shipped East in 4aa or drop down to 4a. Either way i don't see them beating Catholic or MC. I want to see with against Dudley even ND on an annual basis since their conference schedule as of late doesn't prepare them well for post season
When you say as of late their conference schedule doesn't prepare them do you mean just last year? Last year was the first year in as long as I can remember where East just rolled through their conference. If you remember the Piedmont Triad 4A had a 2 way tie or a 3 way tie in something like 4 out of 5 years. With East, HPC, NWG, and Ragsdale at one point that was one of the toughest all around conferences in the state. I expect the conference will be a lot closer this season with all the talent on teams like NWG SWG. I do think if East goes small 4A they are right there with Catholic and Dudley as a top team in the 4A West. If they go 4AA and go to the East side of the bracket they could very well make it to the Championship like Page did last year. Not many teams on the Eastern side can match up with the top teams in the West.

I hate to seem like I'm defending East Forsyth but they're in the upper echelon in the entire state. Now if you have a problem with the word "power" then maybe that can be debated. However with that said I don't think titles make you a state power. Isn't the classification argument that the Meck posters use against a certain Shelby poster hold true here as well? We must admit that 4AA is tougher than 4A, right? I'm not taking shots at Dudley or Catholic because they are also upper echelon programs but would they have titles in the 4AA division? Catholic played MC didn't they and was beaten soundly, correct? So is it safe to say they're not winning any 4AA titles? To hold East Forsyth to a title standard that no other team in the state of NC could've obtained against the likes of Indy, Butler & MC over the years isn't fair to me. (Page you did it and ran the gauntlet which makes your title extremely legit!!)

I don't think schedule is an issue. Like Warhead said I think the conference regularly fields one or two squads that are top 25 caliber teams. They usually schedule a Page or West Forsyth that at least recently have been good to very good in some years. You don't see them play a lot of 3a teams. I think I have seen East Forsyth play one regular season game 4 of the last 5 years. They have always been well coached and prepared. Run big boy schemes and have had a handful of elite kids on the squad.

When I think State Power I really think of consistency over a 4 or 5 year period especially as it relates to playoff performance which to me is the measuring stick. I think during that stretch you can have one down year. Injuries happen, graduate a ton of seniors. But for the most part you are one of 2 maybe 3 teams that have a legit shot at a title appearance. East Forsyth has struggled to even put back to back seasons like that together. Someone mentioned that if they didn't have to go through Butler/Mallard Creek every year they would have had multiple titles or finals appearances. Its really not an accurate statement.

2010- Get killed by a very good Butler team. Not even competitive
2011- Drop a close game to a 2 loss Indy team that was maybe the 3rd or 4th best team in Meck that year.
2012- Tough loss to one of the best teams in recent memory in Butler. Great team and great effort. No guarantee they put back to back great performances together and beat MC that year though.
2013- Lose to a West Forsyth team that loses to Butler at home by 41 pts the next week. Hardly a good loss. Butler goes on to lose by 45 to Mallard Creek the following week.
2014- Disastrous loss to what was a very average Providence team. Probably the 6 or 7th best Meck team when they were healthy that year. Providence is down 35 to Mallard Creek by the 2nd quarter the next week.
2015- Dynamite game and loss to a very good Mallard Creek team

So in the past 6 years they have only been beaten by Butler/MC 3 of the 6 years only 2 were competitive. The other 4 years they really haven't even been close to elite or even that good. If they get to another regional final this year and play tight or win then you start to get into the conversation but don't you at least have to put back to back seasons together to be considered at the level of a State Power?? Crest, New Bern, Scotland, Catholic, S. Durham, N, Guilford, Butler, MC, Dudley kind of level?

Last edited:
I hate to seem like I'm defending East Forsyth but they're in the upper echelon in the entire state. Now if you have a problem with the word "power" then maybe that can be debated. However with that said I don't think titles make you a state power. Isn't the classification argument that the Meck posters use against a certain Shelby poster hold true here as well? We must admit that 4AA is tougher than 4A, right? I'm not taking shots at Dudley or Catholic because they are also upper echelon programs but would they have titles in the 4AA division? Catholic played MC didn't they and was beaten soundly, correct? So is it safe to say they're not winning any 4AA titles? To hold East Forsyth to a title standard that no other team in the state of NC could've obtained against the likes of Indy, Butler & MC over the years isn't fair to me. (Page you did it and ran the gauntlet which makes your title extremely legit!!)

Everyone wants to look at last year and get all giddy. Catholic hasn't lost to Providence in about 10 years. They beat them by 20 two weeks before East lost to them just 2 years ago. Catholic plays in a very good 4a conference and hasn't lost a game in at least 4 years. Been to 3 finals in a row and 5 regional finals in a row. Its not even close. The 2013 Hood team would have run for 400 yards against East Forsyth.

B&G again I hate you're making me defend East but I honestly think if Butler & MC were removed, East would have two titles in the last 4 years. Now East can't go back to far cause like I stated earlier their rise is in direct correlation with the absence of Keith Wilkes at Carver.(the pipeline of players opened to East) I believe they beat everyone from your list in 2012 & 2015 except the two aforementioned schools Butler & MC. All the schools on your list were able to win titles without beating Butler & MC, a luxury East hasn't been afforded. I truly understand your consistency argument and I agree with you but their level of consistency rises tremendously in my opinion if they were 3A, 3AA or 4A!! If they had two titles in the last four years how would you regard them B&G? And Im also familiar with the "if" argument!! Or here's a better question, how many titles would the schools from your list have if they were 4AA? I think they'd have the same amount as East. And in sports especially dealing with kids it's very hard to look at scores and things but that's all we got and since you used it, I will say that in 2012 East beats MC if they had escaped Butler.

Unfortunately all you have is "ifs" which is really the point. They are and have been in 4aa. Butler and MC are really good teams, so was Indy but somehow, someway they figured it out. Cant lose to Providence and West Forsyth and tell me your a state power. Sorry.

Would they have beaten Page?? Why is that a forgone conclusion. 1 pt win at their house . Hardly convincing. It would have been a toss up at best.

MC in 2012. Two factors tell my i am not so sure. East Forsyth couldnt complete a forward pass to save their life. There have been exactly zero teams that have run the ball on MC and beat them since 2010. Zero..thats Bryce Love, Christian Beal, Elijiah Hood, Javon Leake, Larenz Bryant, Elijiah Deveaux etc,etc. The teams that have beaten MC have all had D1 Qbs and good to great passing games. Ratliff, Summers, Ferguson, Gibbs, Young. So while i think EF had the defense to get ut done they would have struggled to move the ball and here is the other thing thats hard to discount. Going on the road two weeks in a row and slaying the dragon...very,very tough

They have been to one regional final in over 20 years. ONE!! You gotta give me more than what if we played in 4a or if the really good teams werent around. You have to BE the really good team at least once in 20 years

I don't think North Davidson is a state power, but we're on the level of East Forsyth. We had a run to the regional finals in 4A, being one of the smallest 4A schools, and have had a few decent playoff runs. We weren't able to finish, though... :(

North won titles in 2A and 3A, the latter a WNCHSAA tie with Shelby. We have a very strong, consistent tradition with some sporadic years between at times.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what's going to happen when North drops back down to 2A, because Oak Grove and North Middle haven't been the best middle school teams. Not that middle school ball translates to high school ball... I coached three years at Tyro Middle and went 6-2, 6-2, 7-1 in three years. But West Davidson High was horrible, even with those kids. So can't measure that way...

Good luck to East, but we are not 4A powers. We shall miss you 4A boys, though. Some of the best crowds ever... :D On to the farewell tour!

Again East isn't a "we" for me!! Again I also know the "if" game as I stated earlier. Again I know East can't go back 20 years cause as I've stated they're a recent power. (and yea I meant to use the word power) Is Shelby a state power due to their playoff success? When the Meck Co posters are shooting down the Shelby folks they play the "big boy 4AA" card!! Shelby has as good a playoff record as anyone but I witness the Meck guys not treat them as POWERS. Yet you guys give me a list of schools that you consider powers and they haven't achieved that success on the "big boy 4AA" level either. I'm not saying you guys are wrong about East and we can agree to disagree about East in 2012 & 2015 winning titles if Butler & MC weren't present. But I do think those two teams win titles if they were on the level of the schools you did list as powers. And yes I do understand that they're on the "big boy" level and I haven't heard them complain about it. But I'd like to see the consistency in the Meck co posters argument. So by your standard of multiple titles and regional finals appearances Shelby is truly a state power!! I'm sure my man '98 will be happy that yall truly do agree with him!!!

At their level Shelby is absolutely a state power. Maybe even the biggest considering the results and consitency. I have always said that. My issue with the Shelby and Crest fan base is that they often times want to parlay that sucess into sucess on a bigger level. To which i say Great!! Schedule Butler, schedule East Forsyth, schedule Mallard Creek. That never happens for obvious reasons.

Shelby, Crest, Havelock are absolutely state powers. The argument that your making is that a team like Kings Mountain or Freedom is also a state power because if they didnt have to play those teams they would have won titles. Sorry, doesnt work that way.

East Forsyth is 4aa. If the ADM goes down maybe they are 4a. Do they win a title?? Speculation...Catholic, New Bern, Dudley, New Bern, Scotland. Thats the last 5 years. Maybe one...maybe. Your convinced that East would roll Catholic. Thats OK , everyone thinks that until they play them. East would have had the same or bigger issues with Catholic that you had with MC. They run the ball for 400 yards on East. Go ask your friends at N Davidson or Dudley just how good that Catholic coaching staff is.

They are very a good program. They have had two real good teams that had HUGE flaws and they got exposed when they played real good teams. 2012 they had no passing game and 2015 they had a below average defense. Lots of teams like that.

If they go back to back this year and win or are very competitive in a regional final the argument becomes a little easier to make but you just cant wash away playoff losses to Providence and West Forsyth. It hasnt always been just Butler or Mallard Creek.

Shelby is a 2A State power and they've earned it. Similar to Mt. Union and Wisconsin-Whitewater are Division 3 National Powers. I don't recall them hi-jacking SEC & ACC forums trying to make crazy comparisons Like 98. That's the reason Meck guys shoot down, not folks but 1 guy 98. :) Based on your argument Vance is now a State Power.

The only Team that stop them from playing in 4A State Championship game the last 2 years is CC. They also played MC closer than EF this year. Would they beat EF this year? Lot of potential but not a State power. When you start throwing in the If's and the fact they lost to Providence and West Forsyth recently.

If MC plays EF twice would they blow them off the map like they did Hough. Who beat them in overtime earlier in the season. Would they beat Hough? If they make adjustments in the secondary would the score have been similar to the Page game? Would this even be a discussion ?

Last edited:
Well maybe I've misunderstood the argument!!! When I think state power im referring to the top teams in the state!! The best teams regardless of classification!!! I didn't realize state power referred to most accomplished teams. Wisconsin-Whitewater is a Div 3 national power but I'd consider the Wisconsin Badgers more of a national power than them cause if they played Div 3 they'd have won just as many if not more titles. I know that's speculation and the "if" game but I think it's safe to say. I don't think I've ever said East would roll any school on your list but I also don't concede that East is beneath every school on your list either. For East, like the University of Wisconsin, I think would have titles if they played on the same level as the schools on your list. If you compiled a list or ranking of the top teams in the state regardless of classification I think East would've been top 5 in 2 of the past four years. Maybe that's not enough to make you a state power.

Rankings EF Maxpreps: I don't believe any program in the US would be considered a State Power with this inconsistency in their State?
2010:41
2011: 26
2012: 4
2013:14
2014: 19
2015: 2

MC other than 2007 has never lost more than 2 games in one season. Nobody was calling them a State Power until they won a State Championship in 2013. Nobody from the Creek even entertained making that argument. What makes EF so special?

2007: 1-10 1st year
2008: 10-1* forefeit season
2009: 11-2
2010: 13-1
2011: 13-1
2012: 12-2
2013: 17-0
2014: 15-1
2015: 14-2

Last edited:
We have classifications for a reason. I don't expect Shelby to play with the best 4aa teams. It would be wholly unfair to judge them on that. There are a couple of programs who may have an impressive showing or two if they jumped levels but probably not sustainable.

By 2012 MC had already been to two Regional finals. Nobody was saying if it wasn't for PAge and Butler we would be a power. The program got better and developed into a power. EF hasn't come close to doing that yet. There is no earthly reason why they cant compete as a 4aa power other than that they just haven't.

I call two top 5 finishes in the last four years of the entire state of North Carolina competing!!! I'm not comparing East to MC or Butler but could you give me the final rankings of the schools on your list the last four years please. Crest, Southern Durham, New Bern, Scotland, Catholic, N Guilford & Dudley. I think that was your list excluding Butler & MC, I'm conceding those two programs. And I'm not saying the schools on your list are not powers I'd just like to see how East stacks up against your list.

There a Top 5 Team almost every other year. I will agree with that and call it a Day. :)

Last edited:
Mallard Creek has the most depth,talent,division 1 recruits and best coaching staff. So why was the game close? East is pretty dang good. I have no connection with East, but talking with people that are they have a good group of players this year that are really working hard and pushing each other. Hope for rematch.

There are also a 41st, 26th, 19th and 14th ranked team every year as well. Want the list from last year??

14- Davidson Day
19th- West Forsyth
26th- AC Reynolds
41st- Lincolnton

Any of those names sound like state powers?? You cant just take the two good years and throw out the 4 shitty ones and say " Look how good we were , we are a state power"

Mallard Creek has the most depth,talent,division 1 recruits and best coaching staff. So why was the game close? East is pretty dang good. I have no connection with East, but talking with people that are they have a good group of players this year that are really working hard and pushing each other. Hope for rematch.

For the same reason Page lost to East Forsyth by 1 point and was down 42 at half against Mallard Creek. Sometimes teams with lesser talent play well while other times they don't. In the end it all comes down to rings.

I m glad East Forsyth is pushing each other but I have to be frank and say they will never get a better shot then they had last year. Call it arrogance all you want but you very rarely get outgained by 300 yards and have a 8 point lead with 1:30 in the game with the ball in your hands in midfield.

That my friends was the one.

I agree they probably blew their best opportunity to be the best in the state but can you give me the final rankings for the last 4 years of the schools on "your state power" list? I'm not disagreeing with you guys, cause East can't compare to MC & Butler. But I think they'd be comparable to the other schools on "your state power" list. I could be wrong but could you give the numbers. Cause as you know how the saying goes, "men lie, women lie, but numbers don't!!"

This was pretty quick. From 15 thru 11

Dudley- 10,Forfeit, 2,34,20- Without Forfeit season we are looking at 2 top 10's and One title
NEW- 34,2, 25, 2,9- 3 top 10's 2 titles
Scot- 12, 17,4,8,1- 3 top 10's 1 title
Catholic- 3,3,5,7,10- 5 top 10's 1 title
Crest- 4,5,17,33,24- 2 Top 10's 2 titles
MC- 1,1,1,5,4- 3 titles 5 top tens
East Forsyth-2,19,14,4,26- 2 top tens. No Title
PAge-
Butler- 4,7,10,1,14- 4 top tens- 1 title

Based on those rankings( which I don't necessarily agree with) over the last 5 years this is how I would rank them.

1- MC
2- Catholic
3- New Bern
4- Butler
5- Scotland
6- Crest
7- Dudley
9- Page
10- East Forsyth

There is a ton of subjectivity here and if you don't give Dudley the benefit of the doubt in 14 then they drop pretty quick. I think the top 6 are an absolute no brainer. Either way East is somewhere between 8-10. I'll take the top 6 in 4a and call them a state power . If they finish top 5 this year and get to the regional final I would think they start to get some conversation as top 5. They win a title then there is no question.

Good job thanks and if you only went back four years my argument would be stronger. And I don't include titles cause they aren't competing for the same title and not all titles are created equal. However the final rankings is someone taking all things into consideration. But yes the further you go back the weaker East argument is. I guess being new to the power game, The East crowd(myself included) may be jumping the gun and they have some more work to do but I think they're on the path.

Certainly one way to look at it. The other would be that as good as the Mallard Creek effort was the Providence loss was equally as bad. Those are seperated by only 12 months. Consitency matters, so do titles. Sooner or later you gotta beat some one.

Here is the other way to gauge it. Last 5 years give me the one signature win by East Forsyth?? They havent beat a single team outside the Triad . If your gonna be a State power dont you actually have to beat at least one team outside of your area?

MC, Butler, New Bern, Scotland, Catholic, Crest, Dudley all have those wins.

B&G I agree totally and that's what they're working on but I think what you're really saying is, "what Meck co power have you beaten?" And that's understandable but they play Page and maybe they need to try and beef up their schedule and I'm not saying that it's weak. But to follow the Meck co blueprint and go play at Richmond Co or at Catholic would help in the long run. I always appreciate solid solid football talk with objective knowledgable folks. And like I said I'm not an East guy and I subscribe to the I-85 theory. The further south you go on I-85 the better the football. Lol!!

Me and you go way back. Its just sports debate. Nothing to serious.

I think the blueprint is pretty clear. They have the athletes. They gotta get bigger on defense. Give up way to size in that front seven. Thats the biggest issue most schools have with MC. Size and depth. They win the 4th quarter in almost every game. Just wear teams out with big bodies.

2nd, yes schedule matters. MC had same problem in 09, 10 and 11. Finally they figured out. Tough road games in non conf preferably against teams that can throw it with a big time QB. Test the kids and coaches , risk a loss if means getting better. Thats how you build swagger. There wasnt a coach or player that didnt think they were gonna beat EF even down 8 late in the game. Been there to many times. You dont get that from beating West Forsyth by 30, you get it by going to Scotland or Dudley or Catholic and taking care of business.

Dillon, Butler, Brynes, RH Southpointe, Vance, Hough. Probably 5 D1 QBs in that group. Ever seen a game at Dillon. Play in a concrete prison yard with the entire town piled in. About 100 degrees outside. Think those kids are gonna see anything in November or December they havent already seen?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT