ADVERTISEMENT

Triad

ForsythFootball

Nov 23, 2014
Lexington
For the triad people

So Far East Forsyth is looking stellar on defense, DL is all returning from last year with the exception of a junior defense end being looked at by duke also won't be able to pass the ball with 2nd all team all American Khalid Martin and Madison cone (Wisconsin) in the back field.

Offense: OL is stellar, RB is stellar biggest question mark is WR/ QB. Looks like a lot of running the ball this year. Anyone seen page, west Forsyth, other triad teams?

Reactions: ThrowItAround
For the triad people

So Far East Forsyth is looking stellar on defense, DL is all returning from last year with the exception of a junior defense end being looked at by duke also won't be able to pass the ball with 2nd all team all American Khalid Martin and Madison cone (Wisconsin) in the back field.

Offense: OL is stellar, RB is stellar biggest question mark is WR/ QB. Looks like a lot of running the ball this year. Anyone seen page, west Forsyth, other triad teams?

East Forsyth Should be favored in their Conference again but NW is right on their heels. They have big time D-1 players in Beal, Cone, and Martin. Losing their QB and big time receiver Nique Martin will be tough to replace. They also lost Shrine Bowl LB Springs so there are a few holes they have to fill before they'll be able to play with MC and Butler.

NW Guilford should be a close 2nd in the Conference this year. They are loaded this year too. They return almost every players from last year and have WR (App State commit) Thomas Hennigan (also had several Power 5 D-1 offers) and maybe the Top receiver in the Triad in Tre Turner (holds about 14 Power 5 Offers). NW/East could be the game of the year in the Piedmont Triad 4A Conference.

Page returns Javon Leake and Will Jones plus a pretty good cast around them. They lost a lot of big time receivers last year.

West Forsyth lost a lot of good players on offense and defense but they return one of the Top DEs in the State in KJ Henry. They also have a very exciting RB in Marcus Caldwell

Does anyone know what Reagan, Grimsley, Dudley, North Davidson are returning???

they filled all the holes except QB at spring practice, east Forsyth defense may be the best in the state. The way they set it up is just unstoppable.

The Creek had 567 yd total offense! Now they may be the best defense in the state? Gotcha!

Chancery Bowman 129 yd rushing
James Smith: Threw for 202 yds & ran for 152 yds: Total 354 yds
Darnel Walker: 84 yds rushing

Almost 600 yds total offense and you fixed it during spring practice. I hope everyone's coming back?

Last edited:
Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
Lets just remember east Forsyth was up by three touchdowns on your precious stacked power house and lost by three points. If you are really going to question there ability then please stop. East Forsyth defense let up 38 points, mallard creek let up 35.

Oh and fyi I'll always support the team east Forsyth which is in the preseason polls at number four in the state, has no middle school football, has 750 less kids than mallard creek and spends the whole season playing semi-decent teams that they are forced to play by the county and then came out and scored a huge lead on mallard creek and played with them to over time something none of the other Charlotte schools could do beside North Meck.

East Forsyth will have a good team returning this season and should be favored to win the Piedmont Triad 4A along with NW Guilford. I wouldn't go as far as saying East has the best defense in the State this year. They do return a lot of really good players of that side of the ball but they have a few spots that haven't been tested in game situations yet. I don't think you can just say they replaced those players in 2 weeks of spring practice. I'm telling you losing #6 Springs and the other LB (can't remember his name) #33 will be tough for the Eagles to replace. I've talked to a couple fans close to the East program this Spring and they're not saying what you are ForsythFootball. They're saying the offense is looking solid and the defense could be very good but it's way too early to tell. Before East fans start thinking about Mallard Creek they may want to think about NW Guilford. NW returns their entire team from last year and could very well upset East this year. Then you add in the drama between the coaching staffs. There is a lot of bad blood there since East Forsyth's defensive coordinator was at NW Guilford for so many years. I can't wait to see that game this year it should be one of the best in the Triad.

Lets just remember east Forsyth was up by three touchdowns on your precious stacked power house and lost by three points. If you are really going to question there ability then please stop. East Forsyth defense let up 38 points, mallard creek let up 35.

Oh and fyi I'll always support the team east Forsyth which is in the preseason polls at number four in the state, has no middle school football, has 750 less kids than mallard creek and spends the whole season playing semi-decent teams that they are forced to play by the county and then came out and scored a huge lead on mallard creek and played with them to over time something none of the other Charlotte schools could do beside North Meck.

Let me remind you again: Almost 600 yds total offense and you fixed it during spring practice. I hope everyone's coming back? What a defense! lmao.....

Last edited:
With all the talk about Beal and Cone (and rightfully so), I'm really going to miss watching Nique Martin play.

played with them to over time something none of the other Charlotte schools could do beside North Meck.

Wrong! Played Hough & Vance in overtime games. Lost to Hough and beat Vance by 1 point, played Butler in a Barn Burner and pulled away at the end. 2nd game against Hough beat the breakers off them 44-0. I would imagine if they played EF again, the score would have been similar. ;)

Last edited:
The term "fanatic" makes you see a situation one-sided. It good to have positive enthusiasm for the team you cheer for..we all know the best football is in the Queen City.

ForsythFootball

East Forsyth played a very competitive game and they could have definitely won the game but very few teams in Charlotte was the Creek able to put up almost 600 yds in offense. So when you make statements about their defense being the best in the State. I laugh real loud!

East Forsyth will be very good this year. I expect every poll to have them top 5 in the state and deservedly so. They were a couple of plays away from a title shot and have a ton of kids coming back. What they wont have is the best defense in the state. If they are 40 or 50 % better than last year they still wont have the best defense in the state.

Lots of good skill guys but they lack size and depth up front and will get steam rolled by any number of Meck county squads. I suspect they will score a ton of points and shut down most of the lackluster competition during the season minus Page and probably NW Guilford but they probably wont get the cake walk draw they got last year which means Rd 3 or Rd 4 we find out what the defense really looks like.

I do like it when the Forsyth Fans start early like this. Just do me a favor and save some of the tears in November or at least keep them away from the camera men
I know how sensitive you can be :)

I think the phrase" we had a 3 touchdown lead and lost" will tell you all you need to know about the defense .

Here we go already. As a Triad Football fan I will say East Forsyth did have one of the top defenses in the state last year. East won 8 games last year where their opponents scored 7 points or less. I know some of you (not all) Charlotte fans will say that they did that against horrible teams but fact is they were a really good team last year and did scare the heck out of Mallard Creek fans.
Now ask yourself why would a East Forsyth fan be coming on here talking trash to a team they lost to then making statements that the Eagles are unstoppable? Could it be that it's not a real East fan and they're trying to get you guys stirred up to talk trash about them when and if they lose when in fact most East fans I've met are really great fans and don't talk a lot of trash. Other than the parking at East Forsyth as a visiting fan it's a great place and great atmosphere to watch a High School Football game. The West Forsyth and Mallard Creek playoff game crowds were what High School Football in November and December is suppose to be. I wish every week fans came out and supported the youth in the state of NC like that.

Now enough about 2015 people!!! Lets talk about 2016!!! East Forsyth will have another good team this year. They return a lot of players and should be a team that will play late into the playoffs. Its really amazing to see how far Coach Willert and staff have taken East Forsyth since he's been there.

I dont think he is a fake fan. I think he is like lots of fans ....delusional. Either a parent or maybe even a player.

I dont know what more recognition you guys want . I have already recognized them as a top 5 team. I saw EF play live twice. They weren't very good defensively either night
Frankly the were below average in the regional final. They gave up 600 yards and that team lost their two leading tacklers.

I understand stand how good Martin and Cone are in the back end but unless both of them gained about 100lbs in 7 months and moved to the DL its simply not gonna matter.

I think EF had the offense to win a title. Not the defense. Ironically in 2012 it was the exact opposite.

Here's something to think about. There is a chance that East could go small 4A in the playoffs this year. I know we won't know anything until the 2016 ADMs are released but if you remember East was 1 team away from the cutoff line and going small 4A last year. East numbers have been dropping every year and as much as a Mallard Creek - East rematch would be great for High School football fans could you imagine the type of crowd a 3rd or 4th rd game between an East Forsyth and Dudley would bring

All the stars were lining up right for EF on Dec. 4 2015 against Mallard Creek. They had a cake walk into the Western Regional finals. They still couldn't pull it out. The thought that they are now some super contender. I'm not buying. They have problems in the trenches. Teams like Dudley, Vance, Charlotte Catholic & Scotland would give them serious problems.

Last edited:
East Forsyth is the best 4AA team I believe not in Charlotte, however this year especially I am taking Mallard Creek over them by 7-14pts as of right now. Creek Boys are gonna be good again in 2016.

Gonna be a fun year, anybody wants to come up to Forsyth county this fall ill buy you burger and enjoy the game. This wasn't meant to pertain to just east, Dudley and page are gonna be great too.

All the stars were lining up right for EF on Dec. 4 2015 against Mallard Creek. They had a cake walk into the Western Regional finals. They still couldn't pull it out. The thought that they are now some super contender. I'm not buying. They have problems in the trenches. Teams like Dudley, Vance, Charlotte Catholic & Scotland would give them serious problems.
They scrimmage Dudley and another Charlotte team at the parkland jamboree so well definitely see.

Gonna be a fun year, anybody wants to come up to Forsyth county this fall ill buy you burger and enjoy the game. This wasn't meant to pertain to just east, Dudley and page are gonna be great too.
B&G22 makes it up north to catch a game in your neck of the woods faithfully every year. He's a great guy to catch a game with.

I have seen one or two games in the Triad every year. I have EF/Page game on the list this year. Would like to try and see North Davidson play this year as well. Its been a couple years since I have seen them. I think it was Shy Tuttle's junior year against West Forsyth.

One of the hardest hitting games I have ever seen in the regular season was the East Forsyth/ NW Guilford game back in 2012. Maybe 5 forward passes thrown the entire game. Very hard hitting.

I have a question and gonna put it under triad topic.

So this morning I was driving to work and passed a triad school having organized practice in pads and helmets. I thought this wasn't allowed until August first? I was under the impression use of pads isn't allowed yet.

There's no doubt the best 4A football In the state is played in Charlotte but to see some of the comments from the Creek folks acting like East Forsyth was some poor kid that was lucky to stay with the Creek. I was at the game and can tell you the most talented team won. But that game was a battle hence the score and hence overtime. And if you weren't there I'm sure you can revisit the thread from last year and see that although Creek did a tremendous job in making plays and coming back from being down a couple scores, East shot themselves in the foot a few times that greatly cost them down the stretch in regulation th. Creek is by far the most talented team about every year in the state. If East Forsyth was "trash" what does that say about the Creek for them stay in the game. Whether the Creek folks or the East folks will admit it, those were both 2 really good football teams that provided one of the most exciting games of the year for the fans. Creek beats East 7 out of 10 times, but East beats Hough and Butler last year.

There's no doubt the best 4A football In the state is played in Charlotte but to see some of the comments from the Creek folks acting like East Forsyth was some poor kid that was lucky to stay with the Creek. I was at the game and can tell you the most talented team won. But that game was a battle hence the score and hence overtime. And if you weren't there I'm sure you can revisit the thread from last year and see that although Creek did a tremendous job in making plays and coming back from being down a couple scores, East shot themselves in the foot a few times that greatly cost them down the stretch in regulation th. Creek is by far the most talented team about every year in the state. If East Forsyth was "trash" what does that say about the Creek for them stay in the game. Whether the Creek folks or the East folks will admit it, those were both 2 really good football teams that provided one of the most exciting games of the year for the fans. Creek beats East 7 out of 10 times, but East beats Hough and Butler last year.

I don't see a single post from a Creek guy who has called East Forsyth anything but an excellent team last year. I put them in the top 5 this year. What makes me laugh and gets us going is the " best defense in the state" comments. If you were at the game you watched MC go up and down the field on them to the tune of 600 yards. Now ..this defense lost two of the front 4 and their best two linebackers and leading tacklers in Fiore and Springs.They return some very talented DB's in Cone and Martin. Suddenly after watching a couple spring practices they are the best in the state. Come on....

Great team, very good offense...not the best defense in the state. Not even close.

Please copy and paste were a MC guy on any forum did not give EF their props? They were well coached and prepared. They just did'nt finish. If Mallard Creek played them 9 more times. The Creek wins all 9. Thanks to EF they they made the proper adjustments in the secondary the following week. The secondary issues kept EF, in the game.

Nothing that EF did on the field last year that would guarantee a win against Butler or Hough.

Last edited:
Creek is a beast. Nobody is denying that. The sentiment that East didn't contribute to Mallard Creeks inability to score in stretches is shortsighted at best. It's always funny to see each side pick and choose stats that support their mouth. Im yet to see a game or championship won with stats. Score is kept by points score. I can tell you that Willert and East defensive game plan was to keep everything in front which they did for the most part given the talent of Creek. With a defensive strategy like that, it will allow a team to pile up some yards and first downs which you will see strong in favor of the Creek in the box score. You'll also see the creek ran about 20 more plays than east Forsyth. This is a combination of the defensive strategy above, along with East getting stopped on 3 and outs by Creek in a few stretches while Creek continued to move the chains when they got possession. But East was able to clamp down in the red zone and makes some plays on defense along the way which helped the cause. The score was 41-38 for a reason. Neither did a tremendous job in keeping the other from moving the ball and that includes the Creek. Neither defense is stellar or what I would consider lights out. I think both sides did a decent to good job given the fire power on the offensive side for both teams. Although a good team with a few high D1 kids, East isn't made up of double digit high D1 recruits like the Creek. Just curious, what is Creeks excuse or reasoning for not putting a better defensive unit on the field? You'd think with all that talent they would be a lot harder to score on. Youth? Inexperience?

EF put up a good game. More that 600 yds total offense was not because EF decided to keep everything in front of them....Lol! They were mauled in the trenches. See my previous post. The Creek shut down the run game of EF. MC had issues in the secondary the entire season. That's where EF was effective.
Does it really matter about putting a better defensive unit on the field? They fixed the problem against Page and it was good enough to 3 peat.
10599209_10102150097459501_676056877118335711_n.jpg

Last edited:
Let me get this straight. The plan going into the game was to allow MC to go up and down the field and come back from being down 21 pts. Gotcha. I think if you look hard at the game you will find that it was penalties in the redzone on two separate occasions that kept the game from being in the 50's.

I think you forget that it was East Forsyth that was seeded #1, undefeated and playing at home and it was Mallard Creek who was seeded #6 , had 2 losses and were playing their 3rd road game in a row.

East Forsyth was a very talented well coached team. Best Oline we faced last year, best offensive scheme, best special teams. Maybe the 4th or 5th best defense. Butler, Brynes, Mcdonogh and Vance all had better defenses

I'm curious, if the plan was to keep everything in front of them then how does LJ connect with Bowman 40 yards down the field, untouched to tie the ballgame up with 50 secs left??

It was a close ballgame, so was the Butler/EF game in 2012. Champions win close games when it matters. Sometimes its just that simple.

East Forsyth was not mauled in the trenches. #99 and #52 (DL) for east were monsters and constantly penetrated the offensive line. Those aren't just my words many people on here said that during the game on here. East Forsyths OL which allowed 1 sack all year leading up this game did an amazing job with pass protection.

The only problem mallard creek had was they were blitzing everyone so east couldn't run the ball at all because the previous game against west that's all east did. They watched film and the coaching staff decided to send everyone. East Forsyth came out and passed the whole game and capitlzed on that by passing the whole game.

That's not a player problem, that was over compensation because they wanted to shut down beal.

East may not be the best but they deserve credit where it's due, you can't say they got lucky one time. They blew by the easy Charlottle schools and almost beat mallard creek. They are on the next level with butler, mallard creek and others simple as that.

Any time a triad school does something notable you can't say they got lucky then Point at all the negatives.

Top program just like creek, butler and Dudley.

Got Lucky! Who said that? They penetrated the OL and did what? :) They beat Olympic & Independence? So did everyone else. Vance hung with MC and lost in Overtime, Hough beat MC in Overtime, Butler played MC 2 tough games. So what? So the previous year you lost to a Team with numerous starters out of the game. This year you play MC close. Now your a top program?

Page & Dudley have won State Championships! They are Triad teams that did not need anyone's approval of who they are.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT