ADVERTISEMENT

Trenton Simpson

I was hoping for UNC but happy for Trent to go to where he really wanted to be. It was a poorly kept secret by all accounts that Clemson was his favorite.

Clemson is every top NC recruits favorite right now. It will take some time to shift.

I don’t think he makes that move. Clemson literally is in the mix for every player they want. They did not offer Simpson until today.

He is already tired of hearing weak conference. Saban comes up empty one maybe two more years and Finnebaum will be calling for a Saban exit...

Dabo can play savior.

He is already tired of hearing weak conference. Saban comes up empty one maybe two more years and Finnebaum will be calling for a Saban exit...

Dabo can play savior.

Not easier to get to the playoff through the ACC than the SEC? That is a gauntlet.

Not easier to get to the playoff through the ACC than the SEC? That is a gauntlet.

Yes and no. One loss and you can get in from the SEC...gotta be perfect in the ACC and I suspect the conf will slowly start to get better. Brown, Norvell, Satterfield

Reactions: btango
I can see him getting to 215 by the end of next yr. Get in college and probably get 225 by end of 1st yr. 240-245 by junior or senior yr with a D1 dietitian and weight lifting program

I can see him getting to 215 by the end of next yr. Get in college and probably get 225 by end of 1st yr. 240-245 by junior or senior yr with a D1 dietitian and weight lifting program

I'm not sure his frame can get much over 225-230 but it doesnt matter much anymore. It's a speed and range game now as almost nobody is running FB lead plays unless it's just a one set change of pace. He is the perfect sideline to sideline guy and might even be a rover in some of these nickel packages everyone runs now.

Reactions: btango
Do you guys think that if UNC had made the 2 point conversion to beat Clemson that Clemson would have been out of the playoffs? My thought is the loss was early enough that Clemson still gets in providing they did not lose another game. It would probably be the same teams in as got in just Clemson and Oklahoma with 1 loss each and LSU and Ohio State unbeaten. This Clemson team even with one loss is better than the 2017 Clemson team that got in with one loss at Syracuse is part of my reasoning.

Yeah I was thinking 225-230. Hes not going to say but last time we talked Clemson jus brings a twinkle in his eyw

Reactions: L Boog
Do you guys think that if UNC had made the 2 point conversion to beat Clemson that Clemson would have been out of the playoffs? My thought is the loss was early enough that Clemson still gets in providing they did not lose another game. It would probably be the same teams in as got in just Clemson and Oklahoma with 1 loss each and LSU and Ohio State unbeaten. This Clemson team even with one loss is better than the 2017 Clemson team that got in with one loss at Syracuse is part of my reasoning.

Yes...they get in. The defending champ with one loss gets in over an average Oklahoma. If Georgia wins you still would have has the USC arguement so Clemson wins that as well. 1 loss Bama...I think that would have been interesting.

Simpson this yr, Echols next yr
Unfortunately, it’s the truth. And the big boy from Dudley will also be a Tiger (from a reliable source.) I used to love to beat the bully/giant! This generation likes to join him for some reason. If UNC was bringing in some trash I would get it but the class is a very solid class with majority of the top instate players. I just heard that a Clemson visit experience is second to none. It is what it is, but UNC is coming!!!

Last edited:
I don’t think he makes that move. Clemson literally is in the mix for every player they want. They did not offer Simpson until today.

I have a neighbor that is an Alabama fan and keeps saying they are going "to call Dabo home". Why would he want to leave the program he built to maintain someone else's? Clemson can match Alabama's salary offers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT