ADVERTISEMENT

Trent simpson

devilmac99

Feb 5, 2003
Saw where he is opening his recruitment back up. This guy is a player a lot of teams could use his services. He runs the ball with some bad intentions. Good luck to him.

Saw where he is opening his recruitment back up. This guy is a player a lot of teams could use his services. He runs the ball with some bad intentions. Good luck to him.

He wont be running it at the next level. Not sure if he is standing up or playing with his hand in the dirt but he is an absolute terror on defense.

If UNC does land him along with Evan's and Murphy they have done what they havent been able to do in at least a dozen years. Recruit multiple elite front 7 guys.

He wont be running it at the next level. Not sure if he is standing up or playing with his hand in the dirt but he is an absolute terror on defense.

If UNC does land him along with Evan's and Murphy they have done what they havent been able to do in at least a dozen years. Recruit multiple elite front 7 guys.
He’s about 240 now wearing a size 15 shoe and still growing. I believe he’ll out grow the RB position. Hyprid LB/DE, He been destroying double teams coming off the edge this year.

Oh im sure he will be on defense but that doesn't change the nastiness he brings when he totes the rock.

He’s about 240 now wearing a size 15 shoe and still growing. I believe he’ll out grow the RB position. Hyprid LB/DE, He been destroying double teams coming off the edge this year.
Wow 240? If he is 240 now than he is definitely headed in the direction of playing with his hand in the dirt.

He has been playing off edge almost exclusively this year. Does very little dropping in coverage. I think he plays at 250-260 in college .
I noticed that all of his defensive highlights from this year shows him coming off of the edge. Simpson will have to work very hard especially with his diet to stay between 250-260 pounds once he is on a college campus since he is at 240 already. Ive seen it work both ways. Justin Foster who starts at defensive end for Clemson played outside linebacker in high school for 3yrs before moving to DE his senior year because colleges recruited him with that in mind because of his frame. Brandon Spikes who played at Florida and then the league was a 255lb linebacker in high school who was recruited as a linebacker by some schools and a DE by most schools. Spikes slimmed down some his senior year and eliminated all the schools from consideration that recruited him as a DE and picked Florida because Urban Myer told him that he will play linebacker. Simpson must be a very likable kid with some good leadership qualities. There are a couple of highly recruited NC kids that have voiced that they really want to play with him on the next level. If UNC reels him in than I think more than a few top NC defensive recruits in the following class(2021) will follow him to Chapel Hill.

Last edited:
I noticed that all of his defensive highlights from this year shows him coming off of the edge. Simpson will have to work very hard especially with his diet to stay between 250-260 pounds once he is on a college campus since he is at 240 already. Ive seen it work both ways. Justin Foster who starts at defensive end for Clemson played outside linebacker in high school for 3yrs before moving to DE his senior year because colleges recruited him with that in mind because of his frame. Brandon Spikes who played at Florida and then the league was a 255lb linebacker in high school who was recruited as a linebacker by some schools and a DE by most schools. Spikes slimmed down some his senior year and eliminated all the schools from consideration that recruited him as a DE and picked Florida because Urban Myer told him that he will play linebacker. Simpson must be a very likable kid with some good leadership qualities. There are a couple of highly recruited NC kids that have voiced that they really want to play with him on the next level. If UNC reels him in than I think more than a few top NC defensive recruits in the following class(2021) will follow him to Chapel Hill.

He moves much better than Foster did and the game has changed a ton in the past 10 years. Everyone is looking for the hybrid type and elite edge rusher. Has less to do now with size as it does with first step acceleration. Physically Simpson is already developed. . He could step on the field at UNC and contribute this weekend.

Wide shoulders- thick lower body. 10-15 more lbs and he is Khalil Mack. His only issue right now is he has only been playing the position for about 20-25 games. He hasnt even figured out pass rushing technique or how to use his hands. Its all just speed and raw power.

Reactions: shutdownD24
He moves much better than Foster did and the game has changed a ton in the past 10 years. Everyone is looking for the hybrid type and elite edge rusher. Has less to do now with size as it does with first step acceleration. Physically Simpson is already developed. . He could step on the field at UNC and contribute this weekend.

Wide shoulders- thick lower body. 10-15 more lbs and he is Khalil Mack. His only issue right now is he has only been playing the position for about 20-25 games. He hasnt even figured out pass rushing technique or how to use his hands. Its all just speed and raw power.
Simpson definitely looks the part lol. NC in general and Charlotte in particular continues to churn out high level elite talent and Simpson definitely fits that mold. I’ve followed high school recruiting for years especially in NC and I continue to be amazed by the talent level that the state is producing now especially on the defensive side of the ball. In Charlotte I remember how physically dominant guys like Devonte Holloman, Kris Frost, and Peter Kalambayi were as high schoolers. Simpson looks like a cyborg from the future compared to those guys.

In Charlotte I remember how physically dominant guys like Devonte Holloman, Kris Frost, and Peter Kalambayi were as high schoolers. Simpson looks like a cyborg from the future compared to those guys.

That is three great high school players and you are right. Simpson is a beast! Unreal all around ball player!

Also should have thrown in Larentz Bryant with that group.

Loved watching him play and liked him. He was a beast in high school. Probably better running back than LB in high school. Coaching was not up to Brand level when he was at Vance. Expected a better career at USC.

Think it would be awesome to see them play together.
Yeah I'm pretty much sure Echols is going to go there. Hes a humble kid and not really about getting attention and being on social media but I can tell every time I mention Clemson theres a twinkle in his eyes lol. Plus from a few of the admin I know Venables has been all over him n wants him badly.

Yeah I'm pretty much sure Echols is going to go there. Hes a humble kid and not really about getting attention and being on social media but I can tell every time I mention Clemson theres a twinkle in his eyes lol. Plus from a few of the admin I know Venables has been all over him n wants him badly.
But Clemson has not offered. Supposedly one of the top players in the country Justin Flowe is leaning to Clemson and will get that scholarship. Let’s make it happen this weekend. Go Heels

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Told u something about when that other orange and blue calls it changes everything lol. That kid is going 2 b a CLEMSON tiger.
Simpson to UNC is a done deal, according to the other D1s in the area. They all know where they are going way before we all do.

And YES. He is definitely going to be a Tiger. Would love to see him in Carolina blue but this is a done deal.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT