ADVERTISEMENT

Toughest Second Round Draw

mrhonda

Nov 12, 2012
As we’re heading into the second round of the playoffs, who do you think in 4A and 4AA, has the toughest second round draw?

My vote is Mallard Creek. They’ve got that second round matchup with Vance coming up.

Reactions: Veejay4
--I think vance has the toughest 2nd round draw they have Mallard Creek
-- Hough has a very hard 2nd round draw at Richmond and should suffer a big whooping.
--Ardrey Kell must hate their draw also at Myers park round 2 and shud suffer the same fate..

Well, ain't no secret, this 4aa west is crazy... its like... they play the entire season and the best 5 or 6 teams in the state are all bunched up to play each other and for some they've already met one time and not to mention, the physicality and injuries that are more liable to incur... then after they've practically slaughtered each other they have to play that one good team from the east. I'm sure there is more than ONE good team, but I think some of you get the point. Maybe someday the tide will turn and the east will be stronger. Itll be awhile...lol... GO RAIDERS. IF my team was that ONE good team or maybe two...I wouldn't really like it. How can we make it even? Dont ax me...

It seems unfair, but to be fair Vance put themselves there.
4AA west period is a tough draw. Win out like Creek did get Vance. Only sort of easy draw is MP getting ardrey kell...no one knows how good kell is tho...well this week we will find out.

Reactions: Chopper747
--I think vance has the toughest 2nd round draw they have Mallard Creek
-- Hough has a very hard 2nd round draw at Richmond and should suffer a big whooping.
--Ardrey Kell must hate their draw also at Myers park round 2 and shud suffer the same fate..
RC better not overlook Hough! They have players.

Reactions: Raider7967
West Forsyth got the easiest second round draw by a long shot.

I’d concur but add that the game is not a gimme.

West and Reagan traded TDs for most of the game. Reagan fumbled and west returned it to create separation. A late FG was tacked on to make it a 10 point final.

Hough has strong skill position players. Will that help them cover the really impressive RC receivers and contain Hood to some extent?

Richmond definitely the favorite. I think it takes a great D or great O with a solid opposite side to beat them or a very well balanced team way above average on each side of the ball.

I know it's not proper to answer a question with a question but I will concede you are more of an expert than I.

Why not?
Depends on what Hough team shows up. The one that beat Vance 42-28 or the one that lost to Butler 21-10 and beat Lake Norman 21-7. No slight of Richmond intended at all, I’ve had a hard time getting a feel for Hough all season.

Depends on what Hough team shows up. The one that beat Vance 42-28 or the one that lost to Butler 21-10 and beat Lake Norman 21-7. No slight of Richmond intended at all, I’ve had a hard time getting a feel for Hough all season.
With Ocean possibly out that's a huge advantage for RC.

It’s a “bring your A game” proposition every game at this point. Especially in this bracket. Hough is no one to be overlooked by no means. I would expect their best. There is a battle any way you slice it here and MC/Vance. This is one tough bracket and should be a lot of great players all over the fields for practically all teams playing in it...should Draw a lot of fans who enjoy seeing some really good football.

I would agree MC/Vance is the toughest draw for this second round. Two big boys going at it.

It seems unfair, but to be fair Vance put themselves there.

How about the one that played MC and MP? How many free agents have they signed since they lost both by 40+.

Comings off a bye week RC will be ready our boys got an extra ration of cornbread (non GMO). At this point in time the Queen City can get in line and come on down...

Last edited:
How about the one that played MC and MP? How many free agents have they signed since they lost both by 40+.

Comings off a bye week RC will be ready our boys got an extra ration of cornbread (non GMO). At this point in time the Queen City can get in line and come on down...
I don’t know about the get in line part, but it’s inevitable. They coming!

According to Maxpreps Rankings, Mallard Creek does have the toughest 2nd Rd draw followed by West Forsyth vs Reagan. I would have like for the committee to have switched the #10 seed and the #11 seed to avoid conferences playing each other again so early.

NORTH CAROLINA RANKINGS
Rank School Rec. Str. +/-
1 Richmond (Rockingham) 11-0 25.8 --
2 Mallard Creek (Charlotte) 10-0-1 31.8 --
3 Myers Park (Charlotte) 11-0 18.1 --
4 West Forsyth (Clemmons) 10-1 27.4 +1
5 Weddington (Matthews) 12-0 15.9 -1
6 ZBVHS (Charlotte) 9-2 27.8 --
7 EFHS (Kernersville) 9-2 32.5 +1
8 Ronald Reagan (Pfafftown) 9-3 27.7 +10

The 4AA west is the toughest route regardless who each team has to played, Injures will dictate that championship side. There some tough games over there. Pulling for the Raiders on this one. It’s going to be a tough route for any of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT