ADVERTISEMENT

Tough Conferences

Wizard of the East

Jun 13, 2001
Clinton plays in the Four County 2A/1A conference. Clinton-2A, Wallace-Rose Hill -1AA and East Bladen-2A finished in a 3-way tie for the conference championship. Clinton beat Wallace-Rose Hill 35-7 but their only loss was to East Bladen 27-21 in overtime.
Well wouldn't you have it, I've already got the answer to my question , Shelby and Shelby Crest and Shelby both play in the 3-A/2-A South Mountain Athletic conference! Crest beat Shelby 21-13 winning the regular season conference title with a undefeated season! Shelby Crest is playing for the eA title and Shelby for the 2A title. Heck they're both for the same doggone town! Has that ever happened before?
Shelby's only other loss was to South Point who Crest defeated for the 3A Western regional last night!
(note strength of schedule does matter THIS year!)
This post was edited on 12/6 10:42 AM by Wizard of the East

Wz I will say it til the end..if you were in the ECC/ any other 2A east conference you would still be in the Title game..you have a great team...
no matter the conference you were in...SWO played in 5 of the last 6 eastern title games...9 of the last 14..with the same or close to schedule..your talent on the field was simply better than anyones in eastern 2A fb...with your logic and the simmons ratings the stallions would not have accomplished the current run that we are on..FSU won the title last year with a weak schedule..simply rise to the level of the opponent in front of you ...which SWO has had a history of doing to be successful....hope with the redistricting we get some big boys..we are a little light in the tail..best of luck Clinton..Iam a Stallion that is cheering for you

2for3 we'll just have to agree to disagree. Part of that title run was in 1A., but that makes no difference but if that schedule gets you better okay. As for Clinton, we have some great athletes but the schedule they played enabled them to work on their skills set at a higher level. Otherwise they would be just going through the motions with reps. The East Bladen told the DarkHorses exactly who they were at that moment. They just got better each week since. I hope SWO doesn't go 1A but whatever the case a non conference game between the Stallions and continuing the games with ED and Whiteville would be exactly what the doctor ordered. With conference games with East Bladen and Wallace Rose Hill and they will be prepared for whatever the playoffs brings.

Word is redistricting will come in the spring and we are getting a lot of kids (stay 2A)...now at 659...should give us 120 or so young men to choose from..we need it..Bring it home Clinton

Shelby and Crest were both in the championship game last year as well so yes it has happened before. Our schools are also only about 5 miles in distance from each other. Cleveland county consistently produces talent year in and year out.

i agree ,i love playing in the tough conferences much more than the pitiful ones . I know we miss east bladen as i'm sure they miss us.Unfortunately the other county schools are so terrible and we have to play them.I hope we are placed back with the Brunswick schools .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT