ADVERTISEMENT

Top Female player in NC

Gwytoli

Jan 2, 2017
I would like to see who the Top 5 female basketball players are in the State. No biased intended but

Deante Toineeta -Cherokee High School, has to be in that conversation. If you haven’t seen her play, you are missing a basketball IQ mixed with natural talent at the top of her class.

Last edited:
Is that Kendall's sister? I really enjoyed watching Kendall play.

Top five in the state, huh? That's a bold statement (especially for a freshman).

These might not be the top, top five......but they're up there:

Kennedy Todd-Williams, Jacksonville
Reagan Richardson, Hickory Ridge
Saniya Rivers, Laney
Cayla King, NW Guilford
Liz Kitley, NW Guilford

You also have really good players such as.....

Dazia Lawrence, Mallard Creek
Lyrik Thorne, Ledford
Cydney Johnson, Heritage
Janiya Downs, South Rowan
Rachel LaLonde, North Iredell
Callie Scheier, West Forsyth
Mariah Frazier, Ragsdale

...and probably dozens of others that I'm forgetting.

If Toineeta is on this level.....she's pretty darn good.

Top five in the state, huh? That's a bold statement (especially for a freshman).

Saniya Rivers, Laney
Cayla King, NW Guilford
Liz Kitley, NW Guilford

Lyrik Thorne, Ledford
Cydney Johnson, Heritage
Mariah Frazier, Ragsdale

I agree with the names you mentioned as well.

Rachel lalonde
Kennedy
Dazia....

They are all very good athletes. Toineeta is starting her sophmore year and is clutch, fire, money, from anywhere on the court. She has vision and an unwavering dribble. Pretty dangerous. She will go D1 just not sure of the degree at this point. She is a mix of Kendall and Pooh King. Both were deadly. She just got the best of both all in one. Wild to see her play.

Saniya Rivers, Laney
Cayla King, NW Guilford
Liz Kitley, NW Guilford

Lyrik Thorne, Ledford
Cydney Johnson, Heritage
Mariah Frazier, Ragsdale

Clearly you have not seen Jacee Busick at Glenn High School play. She can flat out hoop! Already over 15+ D1 offers and is she is a 2020.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Clearly you have not seen Jacee Busick at Glenn High School play. She can flat out hoop! Already over 15+ D1 offers and is she is a 2020.

Another Surry County product. She played at Surry Central her freshman year before being swept away by her AAU coach at Glenn. Surry County has produced some very good girls players over the years.

Bertie's Akia King is spectacular. She was averaging 20 pts a game as a sophomore until she tore knee ligaments in the 1st game of the 2a playoffs on a flagrant foul. Bertie was no. 1 in 2a before that happened. She is now a senior, has worked hard and rehabbed. She is back to business this year as usual. She has multiple offers...

No sir I haven't. Thanks for the info. I'll make sure to check out Glenn as early as possible. Always excited to see good players.

Well, I saw Busick and Glenn for the first time last night. Glenn lost a thriller to Forbush 63-60.

Truth336, I thank you for letting me know about Busick. She's a nice looking prospect. I hate that she spent the majority of the game in foul trouble. Main thing that caught my eye was how beautiful her shooting form was. It's darn near picture perfect. There's only one other player around the area that I can think of that has a form that nice......Cayla King from NW Guilford.

Won't be the last time I see Glenn this year.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT