ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 teams in the East this year?

1. Wallace-Rose Hill
2. Southwest Onslow
3. Northeastern
4. East Duplin
5. East Bladen

Not from down east so Im not really sure, but what should we expect out of Clinton, Whiteville, and South Columbus this season?

Watch out for Clinton under the radar after a average season but have alot returning and just got a pretty good JR transfer with 1 D1 offer under his belt already.....new Coach new look tough non conference schedule could lead to some early road bumps but this could be a dangerous team come November/December

Reactions: E.D. JUNGLECAT
WRH,Whiteville,ED,NE,SWO. Just think NE loosing Walker and QB is a lot. They might go undefeated during season, playoffs different. Whiteville got a good shot at getting to final. Clinton year or two away.

I don’t know what they are smoking at SWO but damn they think they are going to be outstanding this year don’t they. I am a JK fan and I know we will be bad this season, which is why I don’t try and give any indication of us being a “contender” or excellent. But some of y’all act as if you were a few calls away from holding the trophy up last season. SWO got wrecked in Eastern Final.

Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
SWO has a lot of pieces coming back and the road to the ship started up front.

2AA East
North Davidson
East Duplin
Randleman
South Granville
West Craven

2A East
WRH
Northeastern
SWO
EB
Clinton

This is more of a preseason list....i dont think Clinton will show up on any top 10 list to start the season but i think we could make a late season push for a deep playoff run......didnt include Whiteville cause though technically they are a eastern team in the playoffs they always send them West lately but i think the Wolfpack could have a really big year aswell with the Price Family running the show

I don’t know what they are smoking at SWO but damn they think they are going to be outstanding this year don’t they. I am a JK fan and I know we will be bad this season, which is why I don’t try and give any indication of us being a “contender” or excellent. But some of y’all act as if you were a few calls away from holding the trophy up last season. SWO got wrecked in Eastern Final.

LOL. The thread reads top 5 teams in the East. No doubt that Wallace-Rose Hill is top of the heap until someone knocks them off. We finished #2 in the East last year and got some good stuff coming back. SWO will be one of the top 5 Eastern teams in 2A this year.

Reactions: Arlandis
LOL. The thread reads top 5 teams in the East. No doubt that Wallace-Rose Hill is top of the heap until someone knocks them off. We finished #2 in the East last year and got some good stuff coming back. SWO will be one of the top 5 Eastern teams in 2A this year.
The #2 y’all finished last year is a false finish everyone knows the seeding for playoffs was messed up. Y’all were decent but not #2. WRH and Northeastern was the true Eastern Final. Hell Clinton could have beat y’all (no offense to Clinton). SWO will start season with a 1-3 record. Y’all may end up 5-10 but SWO is not a top 5 program in 2018.

The #2 y’all finished last year is a false finish everyone knows the seeding for playoffs was messed up. Y’all were decent but not #2. WRH and Northeastern was the true Eastern Final. Hell Clinton could have beat y’all (no offense to Clinton). SWO will start season with a 1-3 record. Y’all may end up 5-10 but SWO is not a top 5 program in 2018.
Hey we played Goldsboro from your conference and blew them out. Then went to East Bladen and blew them out. We have a lot of pieces coming back so it will be a great season.

Whos the sleeper team no one is talking about??? Whats South Columbus looking like??? Kinston?Greene Central?Farmville?Beddingfield

Last edited:
2AA East
North Davidson
East Duplin
Randleman
South Granville
West Craven

2A East
WRH
Northeastern
SWO
EB
Clinton

This is more of a preseason list....i dont think Clinton will show up on any top 10 list to start the season but i think we could make a late season push for a deep playoff run......didnt include Whiteville cause though technically they are a eastern team in the playoffs they always send them West lately but i think the Wolfpack could have a really big year aswell with the Price Family running the show

Whos the sleeper team no one is talking about??? Whats South Columbus looking like??? Kinston?Greene Central?Farmville?Beddingfield

Very interested to see how the new Vance County team will do this year...Combined both schools...We will see...

East Bladen will be young. Lost about 17 Seniors off last years team. JV was solid but the inexperience may hurt us in the beginning. I'm a little worried on the offensive side with 1 RB, 1 OL, and 1 TE returning.

North Davidson, not a real Eastern team but will likely be sent to the East again because of the abundance of Western teams.

North Davidson, not a real Eastern team but will likely be sent to the East again because of the abundance of Western teams.
Absolute shocker based on the numbers if North and Ledford both don't go East and they both have plenty coming back especially on defense. Nut you have any info on who and what time we are scrimmaging at The Parkland event on I think August 10th?

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
I do not. Been busy trying to get employed after getting laid off, just hooked on with RJ Reynolds and will probably be moving to King soon. Still plan on coming to a bunch of games this year though :)

Tiger, you shall see.

If they get the seeding right this year I think this happens.

I agree, both WRH & NHS were easily the top two 2a teams in the east. I know NHS fans would like to get another shot at WRH, and I would love for it to be in Duplin County. I've heard so much about the atmosphere down there and I would like to experience it this year. I don't know how good WRH is this year, but I do know that the Eagles haven't fallen off much, if any. They havent disappointed in the 7 on 7's, and they're saying the new qb has been playing really good, and he's the fastest player on the team. That being said, I'm ready for some football, especially the game against Norview (Va).

Reactions: eglfan and dogs79
It will certainly be a different game than last year. What does WRH have coming back?

I know you love your team but SWO will have to improve dramatically to have any chance changing the outcomes of the 2 games last year. WRH should be stronger on both lines this year. It will be extremely tough replacing Javonte and Desmond at rb but you know we will always have someone to step up running the ball.

I agree, both WRH & NHS were easily the top two 2a teams in the east. I know NHS fans would like to get another shot at WRH, and I would love for it to be in Duplin County. I've heard so much about the atmosphere down there and I would like to experience it this year. I don't know how good WRH is this year, but I do know that the Eagles haven't fallen off much, if any. They havent disappointed in the 7 on 7's, and they're saying the new qb has been playing really good, and he's the fastest player on the team. That being said, I'm ready for some football, especially the game against Norview (Va).
I rag on W-RH stadium sometimes, but honestly it's a great atmosphere, especially when ED and Clinton come to town. It's usually standing room only.

Reactions: daagoob
I rag on W-RH stadium sometimes, but honestly it's a great atmosphere, especially when ED and Clinton come to town. It's usually standing room only.
Just as an outsider looking in I think it’s only a matter of time before WRH has to get a new baseball field and use Legion for football only. That would give them a chance to bring more seating in IMO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT