Forbush
East Burke
Mountain Heritage
Pisgah
East Davidson
South Rowan
R-S Central

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
That's a nice, nice list. I hope to see Heritage down the road again. They shared the ball better than any team I've seen in quite sometime.

Atkins lost Taylor Blakely. Do they have many players returning?
I'm not sure. I didn't watch them at all last year. I just know that they're usually pretty tough. I do hate that I didn't see Blakely play until the Triad All-Star game. She was tough.

Oh, and I did see Forbush last night. Great call on them. They were impressive.

I saw Atkins the other night.....

I don't think they'll be a serious contender. They'll probably make playoffs and might win a playoff game. I will say that I do like their point guard. She's quick and has a nice feel for things.

Going to check out Wilkes Central (and Cowles) today. They play Greensboro Day over at Glenn High School at 4:00.

I did get around to seeing WC and Cowles last Friday. They beat a pretty good Greensboro Day team 70-63.

Cowles is actually much better than I imagined. I thought see was only a shot-blocking machine. Now, she is a shot-blocking machine.......but she's much more than that. She was bringing the ball up the court and pulling threes. Thing that impressed me the most was how quick her hands were on defense.

Her supporting cast is rather ordinary. I did like Madison German's game though. She works hard inside and can step out to shoot the three if need be.

If Cowles stays healthy, WC can contend for the state crown.

East Rutherford returns CPOY, Makerson, and adds two talented freshman beside her. Theyll be really good.

Mountain Heritage girls open up with Asheville Christian Academy at home tonight. They have looked really good in all their scrimmages leading up to today. I'm sure they are anxious to get the season started.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT