ADVERTISEMENT

Top 100 winningest high school football programs of all-time, nationwide. 3 From NC .

Well of course, but if Shelby never wins another game I won't lose any sleep. All three schools have great programs, just saying most people outside those fan bases don't want to see them succeed. Especially those who have to see them year after year.

Is there a list for winning percentage for those schools that haven’t been around forever?

Is there a list for winning percentage for those schools that haven’t been around forever?
Do a search as I did. Just type in your question and you can find anything that is out there on the web. Also, these teams did not win all these games in 1A or 2A, Mount Airy has been 1A, 2A & 3A over the years and pretty sure Reidsville has at least been 2A & 3A, not sure about Shelby.

Win percentage and state title win percentage is the real goal.

Win percentage and state title win percentage is the real goal.
I found the percentage for our leading teams from 1959 to 2019
Mount Airy -W- 509 -L 217 Ties 7 Pct -0.699
East Surry -W- 408 -L 262 Ties 6 Pct -0.608

Murphy -W-522 -L 211 Ties 2 Pct 0.712
Robbinsville -W-
-L 241 Ties 9 Pct -0.663
Basically tied with Swain @ 0.664
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Reidsville @ 0.718 Pct but 1958 to 2019
Shelby @ 0.792 Pct from 1959 to 2019

Last edited:
Do a search as I did. Just type in your question and you can find anything that is out there on the web. Also, these teams did not win all these games in 1A or 2A, Mount Airy has been 1A, 2A & 3A over the years and pretty sure Reidsville has at least been 2A & 3A, not sure about Shelby.
Reidsville also had a short stay in the 4A ranks back in the 1980s.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Thanks you for remembering the little people you were able to step on to get there. No disrespect intended, definitely one of the best programs in the state. But, I hate ya guts.

Reactions: SHS LION
I graduated in 78 and we were 4A.
according to dhag history book on Reidsville football....1977 football team (which would be the class of '78) was a member of Triad 3A....which included Southeast Guilford, Western Guilford, NW Guilford, NE Guilford, Eastern Guilford, Rockingham Co. and Morehead.........first year back in 3A after 6 years in 4A................

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT