ADVERTISEMENT

To the NCHSAA, an open letter (part 2)

GoNtheDistance

Oct 3, 2003
To whom it may concern,

This year the Shelby Golden Lions likely won’t win a state football title and because of that, we the people of Shelby frankly don’t know how to handle it so we will be sending letters to anybody who will listen. In advance of this years playoff results, we would like to put the NCHSAA on notice of our intention to file a formal complaint against the scoreboard in the event of a loss because we have yet to lose a game in our history, but rather have gotten cheated by faulty scoreboards that show more points for our competitors. It has happened to us twice already this year against a school from South Carolina who had a faulty scoreboard and then last week against South Point. This is unacceptable and will not be tolerated by the people of our community. That being said, we politely ask that the NCHSAA give us credit for all of our championships that pre-date the NCHSAA. These include all the ones mentioned in our previous letter 2 days ago, as well as those won in Bubba’s backyard in 1878-1880 (3 of those), as well as the 4 Lafayette Street championships won playing 8 man back in 1856-1859. We are also reviewing scores from the Ledbetter vs Jackson thanksgiving weekend flag football games played from 1972-1976 that will likely be included in our next letter asking for those to be counted. Thanks again for your time and consideration.

-Shelby Football Nation

Good god that's the funniest thing ever written on here. Tip of tha hat to you sir well done

I’m simply joking with my buddy 72. I’m glad you guys get it’s a joke and didn’t take it too seriously. Nothing but respect for Shelby on this end as you had a few battles with my Raiders (HP Andrews) back in the day. You guys may win a title this year and 72 will get the last laugh but had to poke a little fun at his open letter on here. You guys have won way too many dang titles. Who cares if NCHSAA recognizes them or not? They are about as ass backwards as the NCAA.

Only thing is the sequel has such a limited release. The original debuted across all four boards with mixed reviews. Perhaps this overexposure, while guaranteeing a larger viewership, could explain the tepid response from readers.

On the flip side "Open Letter II" has been well received by both casual fans as well as the critics. Perhaps it is the fact that in "II" the author has decided to entertain the audience while at the same time paying homage to the original, albeit with tongue firmly in cheek.

All in all while both editions in the "Letter" franchise make for interesting reads, the sequel definitely seems to know its audience and appeals to such on a level the original could not quite reach.

We, the ever present readership, eagerly await the next edition from either author.

Last edited:
Reactions: sasha_nc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT