ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Ruff - Offers

Kent State University has offered.
Best move he could have made. No way he would have gotten these offers at Shelby. You have to be pretty much elite. Maybe it’s one of the disadvantages of playing on the 2A level. Again, you have to be a damn near elite prospect.

I am a Shelby guy through and through, but if you don’t think Crest High School isn’t the hotbed for recruiting in Cleveland County, you are fooling yourselves. They have many of their kids getting looks every season. It’s just up to the kids to meet the requirements and qualifications as a student athlete. Don’t know Ruff personally, but what I do know about him is that he’s very much a student athlete. That, first and foremost, along with the move to Crest is paying off for him big time. Crest is the hotbed for recruiting in CC, and that’s just the cold hard truth.

Last edited:
Best move he could have made. No way he would have gotten these offers at Shelby. You have to be pretty much elite. Maybe it’s one of the disadvantages of playing on the 2A level. Again, you have to be a damn near elite prospect.

I am a Shelby guy through and through, but if you don’t think Crest High School is the hotbed for recruiting in Cleveland County, you are fooling yourselves. They have many of their kids getting looks every season. It’s just up to the kids to meet the requirements and qualifications as a student athlete. Don’t know Ruff personally, but what I do know about him is that he’s very much a student athlete. That, first and foremost, along with the move to Crest is paying off for him big time. Crest is the hotbed for recruiting in CC, and that’s just the cold hard truth.
has been this way for at least 20 years.. i can't comment before that, because of my age lol

Reactions: Lion Attack
Hope that he is able to camp at some point this summer. I think those offers would really start flowing from local P5s when he meets them in person.

He would have had the same offers at Shelby. If you fit the meteric the scouts are looking for they will find you.

He would have had the same offers at Shelby. If you fit the meteric the scouts are looking for they will find you.

A lot of kids get overlooked at 1A and 2A schools. We hear it every year at the Shrine Bowl. Hard to accurately judge a kids talent against that level of competition.

I would love to see the offers our other local kids are getting but people with more info on their schools would be best to do that.

I think I saw Jack Holifield got an offer from Old Dominion and I'm sure there are more for him and others.

A lot of kids get overlooked at 1A and 2A schools. We hear it every year at the Shrine Bowl. Hard to accurately judge a kids talent against that level of competition.
You would think with all the college coaches watching the 15 Crest seniors with offers give up 51 to a 2a team they could have accurately judged the talent.

Last edited:
I would love to see the offers our other local kids are getting but people with more info on their schools would be best to do that.

I think I saw Jack Holifield got an offer from Old Dominion and I'm sure there are more for him and others.
I believe Jack is up to 13 with offers from SEC and ACC. Some say he is leaning toward Michigan or Virginia Tech.

You would think with all the college coaches watching the 15 Crest seniors with offers give up 51 to a 2a team they could have accurately judged talent.

Always tickled to see kids from our local schools get opportunities to further their playing career AND more than that, get a college education, but the way you handled that backhanded jab at 1a and 2a players was just a great yet subtle internet throat punch.... Well done sir, well done LOL

I mean we put up fifty one on the Mighty Chargers , so I guess by his words, we should level up, and play better teams?

All jokes aside congrats to these kids getting these offers, makes this old man happy ....

Nah, Ware even said that Jayden Borders was under recruited, and he’s the best receiver I have ever seen come through SHS, one of the best in this county’s history, period. He’s the best, in my opinion, Freakishly athletic, 5’11 170 with legit 4.4 speed, and the ACC never offered. Ware mentioned him being under recruited in this article a few years back.

https://amp.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article84658087.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Crestuff

Kings Mountain has a few kids that are racking up D1 offers. Everyone knows about Paysour. LB Day Day Wilson is up over 20 offers with Michigan State being the latest. Day Day has multiple ACC, SEC, and Big Ten offers. DL Javori Wilson is racking up multiple offers this spring. The qb just received his first D1 offer from Akron with a few more on the horizon. You have some other kids with smaller offers but definitely expect to see db Titus Phillips, lb Chance Cannon, and lb Devin Pressley get some love from the big boys. I also expect to see the freshman Haynes from Burns, Hamrick from Shelby, and Eli Hall from Crest really blow up nationally on the recruiting scene in the near future.

but the way you handled that backhanded jab at 1a and 2a players was just a great yet subtle internet throat punch.... Well done sir, well done LOL

I mean we put up fifty one on the Mighty Chargers , so I guess by his words, we should level up, and play better teams?....

No backhanded jab at all. Just pointing out a fact that has been discussed on these boards for years. 1A and 2A players do not get the same attention from scouts as the upper levels due to level of competition. Exceptions are kids with exceptional measureables. Dax Hollifield, etc. Check the top 50 at https://247sports.com/Season/2020-F...ankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=NC

Very few 2A or 1A players on this list.

Reactions: Crest9496
congrats to him. i can't say i understand this decision though.

seems that ga southern offer would have been a better choice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT