ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Ruff - Offers

goldenlions04

Oct 18, 2019
Can anyone at Crest provide an update on Ruff's recruiting? It seems to me this guy should be receiving lots of attention.

They should come this Summer the young man has only played 11 varsity games.

You all get some we get some. Kings Mountain gets some. You’ve been around a while. You know the drill. Sometimes they blossom other places. And we understand how hard you’re after him. And you know we all want what’s best for the kids. Now go win another ship. And with a name like Realville; get real ole rival.

Let him visit for junior days and camp and those offers will come. Plus his film getting out should help.

You will have to offer money cause he smart enough to see how you all treated him or he would have never left. He knows where he can get the most exposure. Crest. I mean when all you all can get Bess is Gardner Webb or UNC CHARLOTTE. Come on ! And Whammy; look , Shelby prints $h”t but you can’t hear it. And if don’t want to be at Crest heck let him leave. He really felt welcome to be a Lion last year. Blow some more smoke.

Reactions: CrestMan7
You will have to offer money cause he smart enough to see how you all treated him or he would have never left. He knows where he can get the most exposure. Crest. I mean when all you all can get Bess is Gardner Webb or UNC CHARLOTTE. Come on ! And Whammy; look , Shelby prints $h”t but you can’t hear it. And if don’t want to be at Crest heck let him leave. He really felt welcome to be a Lion last year. Blow some more smoke.
Name the schools where the Crest QB’s have gone to play. I’ll wait.

Reactions: Bulldog_012
You got me on that one. Brandon Boone went to Wingate and played QB. But I got a secret to tell you, Ruff ain’t going nowhere to be a QB but if he stays at Crest he’ll go at least to an ACC school. But if Wilbanks can’t get better than Webb or UNCC for Bess that’s a travesty. Oh and I think the Greene kids at UNCC but being a nonspelling snuff dipper I could be wrong. Now tell me about Shelby’s QB’s

Reactions: CrestMan7
You got me on that one. Brandon Boone went to Wingate and played QB. But I got a secret to tell you, Ruff ain’t going nowhere to be a QB but if he stays at Crest he’ll go at least to an ACC school. But if Wilbanks can’t get better than Webb or UNCC for Bess that’s a travesty. Oh and I think the Greene kids at UNCC but being a nonspelling snuff dipper I could be wrong. Now tell me about Shelby’s QB’s

I don’t even see Greene on the roster anymore. To be honest no Cleveland county QB had ever went to big. No matter the size or numbers. Just like Littlejohn to WCU at slot, Camp to Elon at DB. Heck look at the measurement Kemmerlin had and he didn’t go anywhere either. It’s not always the head coaches job to get them big offers. ACC schools have come to talk about Pryor and when they see him they don’t come back. It’s what the college sees not the head coach at the high school.

I still say the Bess kids better than the Webb. But I guess you Lion fans thank different. I’m just a snuff dipping Charger that can’t spell.

Old tile man, what’s up. I ain’t worried I just think the Bess kids got more potential than he’s getting credit for. That’s all. Your a good Lion I ain’t got no beef with you. Shelbylion started talking about recruiting Ruff and I assume The Borders kid. They doing pretty good in the green and gold. Good luck to your Lions.

That’s the good thing about Cleveland County football we look after each other’s kids that slip through the cracks. He’s tore up about the DX move Coach made. Sorry he showed a little emotion.

I don’t even see Greene on the roster anymore. To be honest no Cleveland county QB had ever went to big. No matter the size or numbers. Just like Littlejohn to WCU at slot, Camp to Elon at DB. Heck look at the measurement Kemmerlin had and he didn’t go anywhere either. It’s not always the head coaches job to get them big offers. ACC schools have come to talk about Pryor and when they see him they don’t come back. It’s what the college sees not the head coach at the high school.
Unfortunately Pryor just doesn't have the size D1s look for... But let him out up numbers a year or two at a D2 and you never know

Boone- Wingate
Travis Lee- USC
Maurice Gullette- Wingate
Reggie Wilkins- UNC
Willie Green Jr- Uncc
Peyton Kemmerlin- Palmetto Prep (and getting offers from some schools currently)

These are just some I could remember. They might not have played Qb at the school they went to, but they were QBs that went on to play at the collegiate level.

At least Ruff has options Golden Lion 04. Glad you shared your crystal ball predictions. What about the Borders kid . What’s the crystal ball say on that ? Ole Swamee

Exposure, he is to small to go to a D1 school. Why would he stay a Crest when he can be the starting QB at Shelby next year.

Unfortunately Pryor just doesn't have the size D1s look for... But let him out up numbers a year or two at a D2 and you never know

Oh absolutely, Im in total agreement. There have been others his size that did, that’s what I’m getting at though. It’s about what the coach wants. He is wanting to go play at western so bad he can’t stand it but they won’t give him the time of day. He has a couple offers though and he will get an opportunity.

I agree he’s too small to be a college quarterback but if he stays at Crest he’ll go D1. You need to dream bigger than just a high school career dude. Dream a little. Set your goals higher than the Webb. But I wish him success whatever your recruiters work out. He’s a good kid and I promise you his dad’s got his best interest at heart. He knows the Shelby program and now he knows the Crest program. I think it’s great the county’s gonna start letting them go back and forth. It will give us good preps board material.

The Crest coaching staff doesn't know how to use him. He should be touching the ball every play. He should be the QB. The Crest coaching staff isn't going to let him be QB because they aren't sure he will be there next year.

The Crest coaching staff doesn't know how to use him. He should be touching the ball every play. He should be the QB. The Crest coaching staff isn't going to let him be QB because they aren't sure he will be there next year.

I would like for him to touch the ball more as well. But he plays offense, defense, special teams and he's the backup bus driver on away games. His stats are off the charts. What he means to the Crest team is just unbelievable. I think if he plays at the power five level he'll be a slot receiver. He needs to get stronger of course. I hope he stays at Crest..... he's sure as hell fun to watch play. But I wish him nothing but the best.

Shelby football you are one ignorant Golden Lion ... Underutilized.. 1-2 catches for touchdowns a game.. 1-2 runs for Td per game. .. Back for every kickoff and nobody will kick to him.. I think he’s the punter.. Go figure that ...Plays defensive back.. And you dumb$s”es say he’s under-utilized..He’s a lock for a Shrine Bowl next year as an Athlete.. put that in your downtown bong.. And inhale. .. Jack Hollifield gonna get all the attention next year cauliflower his daddy.. You better come up with him a signing bonus.. As Madmaxx would say “My big ole haiyButte !! “ Take one more hit and realize you all let him and Borders get away.. And the Borders kid daddy Chelsea done pretty good in the green and gold..

He gets enough touches no doubt, but I’d def have him at QB. Take him away from there though and takes away your best receiver. Double edged sword

Dead all this Ruff coming back to Shelby talk, please. It makes no sense, and his people will even tell you that he’s not coming back. As much as I would have loved for him to be in that Black and Gold, he going to Crest was without a doubt, a blessing in disguise for him. No way he would have blown up the way that he did at Shelby playing receiver. There wouldn’t have been enough footballs for him, Mitchell, Daley, and Husky. No one at Shelby saw this emergence happening. He would have been just another player, till he took over at quarterback his senior year. The Crest move ended up his best move, unfortunately, but fortunately for him, which is way more important.

Last edited:
Thank you Lion Attack. You and Shelbyfan got a Brain for football. Kudos. You all need to have some counseling sessions and get the rest to thinking right. Some need tutoring.

Chargerforever..so u know who i am...but i havent a clue who u are..any hints

Heck I think I hear Jeopardy music in the background ! Best of luck to you Lions. Get the Bess kid some more college looks. Heck let him walk on somewhere. It worked out for the Jones kid at that Bluedevils school in Durham. I can’t offend bulldog 012 or I would say the school name. I still say G0oN1ebIRd is gonna return someday. I’m worried about the Bess kid and you all worried about the Ruff kid. We some worrying Sons of a Gun !

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Heck I think I hear Jeopardy music in the background ! Best of luck to you Lions. Get the Bess kid some more college looks. Heck let him walk on somewhere. It worked out for the Jones kid at that Bluedevils school in Durham. I can’t offend bulldog 012 or I would say the school name. I still say G0oN1ebIRd is gonna return someday. I’m worried about the Bess kid and you all worried about the Ruff kid. We some worrying Sons of a Gun !

What are you even talking about?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT