ADVERTISEMENT

Thriller games, surprise games

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Ok it’s that time to see what the thriller games was tonight. The one game that stuck out was Hickory Ridge only losing to Chambers 34-27. I list that as a surprise score. Also sounded like triller game. Anyone have any.

Last edited:
Reactions: strikerHHS
Vik-Val, I can only assume you mean “thriller”. I haven’t google searched “triller” but I’m fairly sure that it isn’t a word. Assuming thriller is what you mean, mine would be in Cabarrus County. 3 - 0 Mt. Pleasant falling to 0 - 3 Northwest Cabarrus.

Ok it’s that time to see what the thriller games was tonight. The one game that stuck out was Hickory Ridge only losing to Chambers 34-27. I list that as a surprise score. Also sounded like triller game. Anyone have any.

I’m sure the Chambers/HR score caught a lot of people’s eye, but taking a closer look at their schedule … little less surprising, in my opinion.

brutal brutal schedule right out of the gate. opener with gibbons (in raleigh) ended well after 1 am that night. second week was another long travel to take on a virginia powerhouse. week three they got a top 10ish glenn team that was fresh off curb-stomping the early 3A favorite, lee county.

that’s an exhausting three weeks. i can understand how subconsciously kids might’ve seen hickory ridge as a “breather” week and had one of those “just looks like they’re going through the motions” game.

I’m sure the Chambers/HR score caught a lot of people’s eye, but taking a closer look at their schedule … little less surprising, in my opinion.

brutal brutal schedule right out of the gate. opener with gibbons (in raleigh) ended well after 1 am that night. second week was another long travel to take on a virginia powerhouse. week three they got a top 10ish glenn team that was fresh off curb-stomping the early 3A favorite, lee county.

that’s an exhausting three weeks. i can understand how subconsciously kids might’ve seen hickory ridge as a “breather” week and had one of those “just looks like they’re going through the motions” game.
That is a good point

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT