ADVERTISEMENT

THOMASVILLE VS Barlett Yancey

WHO WILL WIN FRIDAY?

• Total voters

T-ville Bulldawgs07

Aug 24, 2023
Bulldogs play Barlett Yancey Friday night. Thomasville took a beating vs Randleman last week hopefully the coaches will have a better game plan for this week.

Last edited:
I think imma try to go to this one. Heard by should had beaten Andrews but lost 26-24. If the Bulldogs win by 3 or more tds, i think they'll be just fine this season

Last edited:
Bartlett Yancey might be a bit improved, they have a young team. Like to see how the Dawgs respond after last week.

Apparently, some folks showed up at Cushwa to watch a jv game against Bartlett Yancey.
The ‘Dogs showed up. The officials were there. The fans paid to get through the gate. The SRO’s were in attendance.
The Rec department spent a lot of time last week prepping the field. Not the school, mind you. The Cushwa dogs and popcorn were ready. The Rec staff was primed and ready.
So who wasn’t there? Bartlett Yancey. Which begs the question…does BY have a jv team? No mention of one on MaxPreps.
Did anybody from THS reach out to BY this week? The current staff didn’t schedule the game. So wouldn’t you think there would be contact of some kind?
The good news is that the Rec department gave the Cushwa dogs to the players.
Sound like Thomasville athletics? Or what you get when everybody involved is new and inexperienced? You reap what you sow.

You guys really do have an agenda against the new coach and AD. 🤦‍♂️
So of this is sad. Seriously. If my Mooresville community acted like this I'd be embarrassed.

Im not from the area. But is it a guy you really hoped got the job but didnt? Personal grip with the coach? The coach at Thomasville seems like a great guy. Just dont understand the unnecessary shots at him and his program. I know im alot younger than all you. But grow up and stand behind your program and coach. Get out your feelings

Can’t speak for anyone else, but I don’t personally know the coach or the AD. I hear they’re great guys. Nor did I have a candidate I hoped would be hired for either job. I don’t know who the five candidates were for football coach who didn’t get an interview because their applications were “late”, though they were submitted before the one day of interviewing (for both positions).
What I have a problem with is the process and the makeup of the panel who made the hires in a hurried manner after sitting on it for six months.
That process resulted in hires with very little experience and the inexperience is showing. For jobs that should have been premium spots if the process had any integrity.
I’m a lifelong Bulldog and wish them well. But I’m embarrassed that the chair of the school board, who never played a sport and has a felony financial charge hanging over his head is wreaking havoc academically and athletically over a once proud school system. And apparently his fellow board members and the administration is letting him get by with it.
Hope that is clear enough. No agendas. Just facts.
*Edited to add that I have no kids or relatives at the high school. My son played for Coach Brown and graduated in 2013.

If you aren’t from here, it would be difficult for you to fill understand the level of frustration.

The admins have blown more than one hire, messed up a return of Benji, passed on Todd McComb for previous openings, who at the time had college level experience, he went on to defensive analyst at UNC under Mack Brown, and is now a DC, all because he didn’t have head coaching experience. then turn around and hire the current coach whose only head coaching experience is flag football in Florida.

It’s not a secret that some board members didn’t want a Brown or anyone tied to them to have the job, which is why I was surprised KG got the job.

They also missed out on Trivett,more than once,who is the current head coach at Salisbury, who is a THS graduate.

So in part, the big problem is the administration and the school board. But when you take a job that shouldn’t be a beginner’s job, there is going to be criticism. I have no reason to think the coach isn’t a fine man, and hope he does well. But the writing is on the wall.

If they win 5-6 games I’ll be surprised. When did thomasville football get to the place where a game against Bartlett yancy is a measuring stick for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
So of this is sad. Seriously. If my Mooresville community acted like this I'd be embarrassed.

Im not from the area. But is it a guy you really hoped got the job but didnt? Personal grip with the coach? The coach at Thomasville seems like a great guy. Just dont understand the unnecessary shots at him and his program. I know im alot younger than all you. But grow up and stand behind your program and coach. Get out your feelings

Davidson County is weird, ass backwards, with old timey mindset. Thomasville been slowly going down since 2009, mainly cause the lack of business's. It not some new problem that popped up with the current people in charge.

So who should take the fault for not checking to make sure that they had a jv team? The players? Come on now use some common sense.
Common sense should tell you to look into the whole problem before making knee jerk reactions blaming one or two people. Hell, all you had to do was check MaxPrep or one of the other high school sites.

Did anyone question Bartlett Yancey if they also tried contacting THS? Nah, all the replies are about our AD and coach. Really tho, they dont have a friggin jv and yall mad at our coach and AD.😂🤦‍♂️

Donald Trump GIF
Common sense should tell you to look into the whole problem before making knee jerk reactions blaming one or two people. Hell, all you had to do was check MaxPrep or one of the other high school sites.

Did anyone question Bartlett Yancey if they also tried contacting THS? Nah, all the replies are about our AD and coach. Really tho, they dont have a friggin jv and yall mad at our coach and AD.😂🤦‍♂️

Davidson County is weird, ass backwards, with old timey mindset. Thomasville been slowly going down since 2009, mainly cause the lack of business's. It not some new problem that popped up with the current people in charge.
Please repeat that last sentence!!! Cause i think thats the part that a lot are forgetting. Putting it all on the AD, coach and school board but truth is none of this just started. Even the teacher part that someone keeps mentioning. this issue has been ongoing for years but hey what do i know. A bunch of half truths and twisted narratives being thrown around here but i'll leave it alone. Dogs handled business btw good thing we didnt fire him last week

Reactions: BulldogJacket85
Please repeat that last sentence!!! Cause i think thats the part that a lot are forgetting. Putting it all on the AD, coach and school board but truth is none of this just started. Even the teacher part that someone keeps mentioning. this issue has been ongoing for years but hey what do i know. A bunch of half truths and twisted narratives being thrown around here but i'll leave it alone. Dogs handled business btw good thing we didnt fire him last week

Ah, so they were still able to play. Got a bad storm in my area, thought it might get canceled. Stayed home watching college football.😁

Thomasville 45
BY 14

Thomasville easily should had score 70+ . Nothing at all wrong with the team i saw tonight. Played a C+ game and still won by 31 over a 2a school that everyone claims is much improved. Good win Dawgs. Now keep proving the doubters wrong. Solid staff.
Poor performance! We beat BY 54-6 last year, it's going to be a long season....

But yeah, not surprised 😁

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT