ADVERTISEMENT

Thomasville Posters??????????

Buddy Rich

May 24, 2005
WE play you guys next fri night the 18th here in Albemarle....Give me some input.....

WE play you guys next fri night the 18th here in Albemarle....Give me some input.....
Lost most of our best athletes and some good coaches. Pretty good jv team last year, but a lack of experience. Not being coy, Buddy, but who the heck knows?

Reactions: M193_55g
Coach Herman for one. Don't believe Roger Bryant is participating at all. Probably a better question is who is still there that is "worth a darn".

Not really sure how you could say that. The coaches that care about the kids are still there. People at the school say Herman is all about being in the spotlight. He wasn't much of a coach Coach Bryant was a very good coach. From my understanding he is no longer at the school but stops by the coaches office from time to time to give input. He is a very good man and I will always wish him the best.

Not really sure how you could say that. The coaches that care about the kids are still there. People at the school say Herman is all about being in the spotlight. He wasn't much of a coach Coach Bryant was a very good coach. From my understanding he is no longer at the school but stops by the coaches office from time to time to give input. He is a very good man and I will always wish him the best.
I don't doubt that the current coaches care about the kids. But it takes much more than that to be an effective coach.
I believe that both of the coaches I mentioned care deeply about the kids and are better from a technical perspective than anyone currently on staff. Perhaps most importantly, they both insisted on character and discipline. That is something badly needed in the Bulldog program.

I don't doubt that the current coaches care about the kids. But it takes much more than that to be an effective coach.
I believe that both of the coaches I mentioned care deeply about the kids and are better from a technical perspective than anyone currently on staff. Perhaps most importantly, they both insisted on character and discipline. That is something badly needed in the Bulldog program.

OC....discipline has to be administered and accepted for a team to come together for sure. We have similar issues here at HHS, but the culture is changing slowly. We have a new coaching staff, top to bottom, and some excitement we haven't had in a few years. Talent wise, we will be behind most of the teams we face, but attitude wise we are stronger than in previous years. Good Luck to the Bulldog Nation!

I personally know all of these so called ineffective coaches. Herman chose to leave, Bryant chose to retire. Until you work 12+ hours a day 6-7 days a week teaching, planning, preparing, coaching, mentoring and taking care of these young men then your effective coaching statement is based on ignorance, and misinformation. Do you personally or professionally know these current staff members, their accomplishments as teachers and coaches? Have you worked on the sideline. At practice or in a meeting with them? I know the answer, but wanted to ask anyways!

I personally know all of these so called ineffective coaches. Herman chose to leave, Bryant chose to retire. Until you work 12+ hours a day 6-7 days a week teaching, planning, preparing, coaching, mentoring and taking care of these young men then your effective coaching statement is based on ignorance, and misinformation. Do you personally or professionally know these current staff members, their accomplishments as teachers and coaches? Have you worked on the sideline. At practice or in a meeting with them? I know the answer, but wanted to ask anyways!
Haven't called any coach ineffective. But I stand by my belief that the two coaches who are no longer there were very effective. Their presence will be missed. As will all of the Allen Brown mentees who have left in the last 3-4 years.
Perhaps a better question would be why so many folks have left Thomasville's program during that time, and what the effects of that has been. And I'm not talking wins and losses.

Agreed both were very effective veterans and awesome people. Cannot speak to why AB's guys have left other than choosing to leave, retired from coaching, more money in the county schools, etc. Do know the current staff is working hard on molding these young men into good football players, but more importantly good citizens.

Agreed both were very effective veterans and awesome people. Cannot speak to why AB's guys have left other than choosing to leave, retired from coaching, more money in the county schools, etc. Do know the current staff is working hard on molding these young men into good football players, but more importantly good citizens.
Wow71, sounds like you're close to the program. If so, you probably know the backstory of those departures at least as well as I do. And that there is a common thread running through them.
I have no doubt that Coach Maxwell and his folks will work hard to do the best job they can. But it takes the support of the administration and the community to accomplish that. Support from the administration has been abysmal and the community's backing has eroded rapidly. None of that can be blamed on the current staff.
If you look at the roster of coaches five years ago, you saw decades of coaching experience with one common tie.....Allen Brown. Change is hard. But some of that change could have been avoided if the people at the top had made good decisions and shown appreciation to all of the staff, not just coaches. Turnover in the system is epidemic, again with a common thread.
My only point here is that we can't keep losing veteran teachers and coaches and replacing them with substitutes, volunteers and new employees and maintain the excellence we talk about. I believe that the vast majority of coaches should be school system employees, ideally at the high school where they interact with the kids daily away from the field.
Let's hope that a new administration brings much needed change. If you're close to the program, you know the jury's still out.

Not yet OC, but we hope to when conference play starts..We're 2 or 3 kids short at the moment..

Anybody who think coach Herman wants to be in the spotlight is a piece of shit honestly. I know for a fact that the man has given more than his fair share of personal time and money above and beyond the ridiculous hours coaches work anyways to provide for kids that he coaches that don't have support at home. Things like buying kids cleats. Taking kids to college visits for wrestling and football Bc their parents were half ass. Getting kids school clothes, etc. he's been doing it for years at every school he's coach at. Not a selfish bone in his body. Great human being and shame on you for throwing his name out there as such.

And he left for the same reasons everybody else has left. Sick of all the BS that is thomasville city schools and the lack of support for the efforts being done specific to athletics.

Anybody who think coach Herman wants to be in the spotlight is a piece of shit honestly. I know for a fact that the man has given more than his fair share of personal time and money above and beyond the ridiculous hours coaches work anyways to provide for kids that he coaches that don't have support at home. Things like buying kids cleats. Taking kids to college visits for wrestling and football Bc their parents were half ass. Getting kids school clothes, etc. he's been doing it for years at every school he's coach at. Not a selfish bone in his body. Great human being and shame on you for throwing his name out there as such.

And he left for the same reasons everybody else has left. Sick of all the BS that is thomasville city schools and the lack of support for the efforts being done specific to athletics.
Well said, GTD. Big loss for our athletic program and for our community.

Reactions: 7heels
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT