ADVERTISEMENT

Thomasville loses HC Robertson to page HS

Coach Boulware is a great coach. The pay may have been problematic and the baggage from his dismissal at WSSU may follow him for a while.

Maybe it was money but Boulware has no baggage. That was all politics from the WSSU more than anything. Plenty of good college coaches with players in trouble and still coaching or re-hired at another college like nothing happened.

Maybe it was money but Boulware has no baggage. That was all politics from the WSSU more than anything. Plenty of good college coaches with players in trouble and still coaching or re-hired at another college like nothing happened.

Where is Boulware now? I’m hoping to hear that he’s found a good place to coach. The whole thing felt pretty contrived by WSSU to me.

This is the best hire we have had since Coach Brown left IMO. Next to the Browns coming back, this was the next best choice. Same philosophy and coaching style Thomasville is used to! Maybe I was missing something but I never saw Robinson actually coaching. During timeouts in the huddle, he seemed to stand to the side and let the assistants coach. He was not the greatest fit here again IMO. Gillespie is bringing Roger Bryant back -- excellent move!!!

Reactions: ITJ
This is the best hire we have had since Coach Brown left IMO. Next to the Browns coming back, this was the next best choice. Same philosophy and coaching style Thomasville is used to! Maybe I was missing something but I never saw Robinson actually coaching. During timeouts in the huddle, he seemed to stand to the side and let the assistants coach. He was not the greatest fit here again IMO. Gillespie is bringing Roger Bryant back -- excellent move!!!

Roger that!! Excellent news!!

Reactions: ITJ
One sign of a great coach is allowing your assistant coaches coach. Delegation of responsibilities shows great team management and leadership. But yeah, ok...

Where is Boulware now? I’m hoping to hear that he’s found a good place to coach. The whole thing felt pretty contrived by WSSU to me.

He’s probably not coaching. Generally, after a dismissal there is a payout. That payout can be lessened by taking another football job.

Boulware will surely return to coaching. It may take a year or two though.

Todd McComb was his DC. He went to UNC where he is serving as a consultant/analyst/assistant.

Bulldogs are in the same situation as everyone else is, no activity, weight training, track for a while until this mess clears up. Hope the boys stay active during this virus mess, keep their school work completed and out of trouble. Good to see Cline back, surprised he is leaving Ledford.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
Bulldogs are in the same situation as everyone else is, no activity, weight training, track for a while until this mess clears up. Hope the boys stay active during this virus mess, keep their school work completed and out of trouble. Good to see Cline back, surprised he is leaving Ledford.

Me too.. Wonder what prompted the move from Ledford?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT