ADVERTISEMENT

Thomasville Football - Coach Gillespie

EDEagle66

Oct 29, 2014
I read this article on Coach Gillespie in The Lexington Dispatch and wanted to share it with you guys. It looks like they are putting together something special over there at Thomasville. Even though I graduated and played at East Davidson, I have to pull for the Bulldogs as well. I remember years ago when I was in the military I followed East Davidson and Thomasville football on the internet when Allen and Benjie were coaching there. It is going to be very exciting to see what this coaching staff is able to accomplish. Thomasville has also had some very good players over the years. I can remember Vincent Steele, EJ Abrams Ward, Tony Sanders (I believe he was a RB) and the list goes on on and on. Great hire by the Bulldogs!!!

https://www.the-dispatch.com/sports/20200319/gillespie-bringing-in-familiar-faces

Timmy Sanders -- and yes he was imo one of the top 3 running backs in Thomasville history! And yes this is the next best hire other than getting the Browns back! This is the first coach we have hired with good common sense to keep Roger Bryant on the sidelines! I never understood why the previous 3 coaches did not keep him. He has forgot more about coaching than they all 3 know put together!
Mistermean always does a great job writing for the dispatch.

Timmy Sanders -- and yes he was imo one of the top 3 running backs in Thomasville history! And yes this is the next best hire other than getting the Browns back! This is the first coach we have hired with good common sense to keep Roger Bryant on the sidelines! I never understood why the previous 3 coaches did not keep him. He has forgot more about coaching than they all 3 know put together!

ThsFans, during the years that Tim Sanders was there, Thomasville had another RB in the same backfield. Do you remember his name? Thomasville backfield during those years was like the tandem the Panthers had with DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart.

ThsFans, during the years that Tim Sanders was there, Thomasville had another RB in the same backfield. Do you remember his name? Thomasville backfield during those years was like the tandem the Panthers had with DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart.
Wesley Barnes!!!!!

Thanks. Roger Bryant gave me some really good material. :)

Reactions: ThsFans
I believe Timmy broke off the 90 yd TD run against a heavily favored AC Reynolds that put Alan in his first State Championship game.

Tim went to ASU two years later where he was freshman of the year for the SoCon. He was injured his sophomore year and then was the teams comeback player of the year his Jr year. He shared the backfield with future NFL back John Settle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT