ADVERTISEMENT

This week in the SMC

Cherokee and Murphy girls have pretty much decided the conference the last few years and play on Friday. Not a lot of big boys games this week other than Cherokee-Hayesville. If I had to pick a 2nd best game I guess it would be Murphy and Andrews Tuesday, to see how Wildcats bounce back in a rivalry game.

I’m concerned about Murphy but I don’t take any team for granted. Murphy has plenty of athletes and always get stronger as the season goes on. Will we bounce back with a strong statement win or will it take awhile to get our swagger back after a very emotional lost

Last edited:
It is a lot of fun in the conference this year with the parity, their are 5 teams that have shown at the very least they can compete with anyone on any given night. Rosman and Robbinsville are bringing up the bottom. But after that any of the teams 1-5 are good enough that on the right night could beat your team if they dont play their best. It has to have been a decade since the conference has been this competitive. Should help come playoff time with teams having so many close games.

Absolutely. Murphy played a great game and has good athletes. Abling is a baller. A lot of basketball to be played and you better show up with your A game the rest of the season and through the tournament

Reactions: GreyGod623
It is a lot of fun in the conference this year with the parity, their are 5 teams that have shown at the very least they can compete with anyone on any given night. Rosman and Robbinsville are bringing up the bottom. But after that any of the teams 1-5 are good enough that on the right night could beat your team if they dont play their best. It has to have been a decade since the conference has been this competitive. Should help come playoff time with teams having so many close games.

I agree with your statements except for the last sentence. Close games don't necessarily help come playoff time. I know in mvac football this past season the parity was amazing and most of the games were really close. Then once playoffs started all the team's disappeared quickly lol

Murphy and Robbinsville girls 1 and 2 in Maxpreps rankings.
I think Robbinsville is a little high but a top 10 team for sure. Very young team though.
The Murphy group that won Battle of the States (Addison was out) will all be back next season. Should be fun times at the top of the SMC the next couple of years.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
The Murphy group that won Battle of the States (Addison was out) will all be back next season. Should be fun times at the top of the SMC the next couple of years.
I finally got to see Rogers play at Andrews. I had watched her play on the Internet when they played E Suury but she is special. She didn’t play much at Andrews. Murphy started their 2nd string and they played most of the night. Rogers has great foot work, height and is very smooth handling the ball

Reactions: mbdfan
Only a sophomore I believe so she has time, but she will definitely need to muscle up quite a bit if she plans on ever making an impact at the college level. Great high school player for sure.

Only a sophomore I believe so she has time, but she will definitely need to muscle up quite a bit if she plans on ever making an impact at the college level. Great high school player for sure.
I agree. I believe her Coach will have her where she needs to be by next year and by her Senior year will be dominant

Yes Trammel is a Freshman that starts. She's either the leading scorer or 2nd behind senior C.Lovin.

Andrews has to come from behind again to beat Robbinsville. Hats off to Robbinsville, they played a great game and out hustled the Wildcats. 3 bad games for the Wildcats. They better right the ship because things are not looking good lately.

whats happened to andrews seems like was unstoppable and now they are struggling. is someone hurt?
I can’t put my finger on it but i’m glad it’s happening now not at end of season. When it’s young men in their teens you can go through slumps. I’m not going to look past Rosman tonight but the real test will be Friday against Swain in Andrews. Swain has found their groove and putting up some big numbers. We were up over 30 points at Swain and won by 21 but I sure don’t see a blowout Friday.

Dont think it would have mattered what the dogs brought. Hayesville came out as hot as they have been all year had one player with 14 in the first quarter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT