ADVERTISEMENT

2A The top seeds make it to elite 8

TGT

Sep 18, 2001
Seven of the highest seeded teams made it through 3 rounds.
Only No. 5 Mountain Heritage pulled off an "upset" ... No. 4 west Hibriten lost in second round to No. 13 Lexington but then Mountain Heritage stopped Lexington.

Two undefeated teams still rolling.

East

#1 South Granville (29-0) vs. #4 Reidsville (26-2)
#2 Kinston (26-3) vs. #3 Farmville Central (27-2)

West
#1 Forest Hills (28-0) vs. #5 Mountain Heritage (26-1)
#2 West Stokes (25-4) vs. #3 Shelby (24-3)

Anybody know the capacity of the South Granville gym?

looking at the video of their last game....not very big....people standing everywhere....if Reidsville people wanna get a seat they better leave early...............

South Granville has a small football stadium as well, I just assumed they would have a small basketball stadium. Then I looked and it was.

Reidsville is taking 2 busses of students. Tickets are presale at the RHS today. They recommend getting there at 6 when the doors open

Reidsville was given 200 presale tickets for tomorrow’s game. they only have 49 left. I don’t see how South Granville gym is gonna hold all those people.

Where do the 2 western winners play and when?
They play the Regionals at Catawba Valley Community College and Lenoir Rhyne Shuford gym. The classes and times will be assigned after all Regional finals will be played. Date is this Saturday March 7th.
I'm hearing games played today on the ppd. from last weeks snow ppds. will be played Wed. instead of Tuesday. That would be 2 2A girls games.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
They play the Regionals at Catawba Valley Community College and Lenoir Rhyne Shuford gym. The classes and times will be assigned after all Regional finals will be played. Date is this Saturday March 7th.
I'm hearing games played today on the ppd. from last weeks snow ppds. will be played Wed. instead of Tuesday. That would be 2 2A girls games.
There will be a 1a girls game on Wednesday as well.

Go Mountaineers

They need to move the game to Northern Durham (30 minutes away) or somewhere with a decent high school gymnasium.
I thought the NCHSAA had provisions when a school has a gym not capable of hosting a playoff game?

Reactions: tarheel fan1
They need to move the game to Northern Durham (30 minutes away) or somewhere with a decent high school gymnasium.
I thought the NCHSAA had provisions when a school has a gym not capable of hosting a playoff game?

The game really should be moved. Do you think reidsville would be able to accommodate?

The game really should be moved. Do you think reidsville would be able to accommodate?

My reading of Rule 2.2.3 is that they have to reserve 1/3 of seats for visitors and the NCHSAA can ‘require the host teams to find an adequate facility based on expected attendance...’ so it seems flexible based on demand. I don’t think the lower seed should get a home game out of it, but a neutral site is reasonable.

My reading of Rule 2.2.3 is that they have to reserve 1/3 of seats for visitors and the NCHSAA can ‘require the host teams to find an adequate facility based on expected attendance...’ so it seems flexible based on demand. I don’t think the lower seed should get a home game out of it, but a neutral site is reasonable.

No I wasn’t saying reidsville get a home game. I was hypothetically asking would reidsville be able to accommodate

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
NCHSAA gets a take of the gate ... so I'm sure they would be in favor of moving it to a bigger gym. They are costing themselves $$$$$.

They sold 200 tickets which was $8 a piece thats 1600 right there. that’s just from reidsville fans. not including what South Granville has presold. Then you have people buying tickets at the game tomorrow. This game is bringing in a butt load of money

I will predict this....They will NOT MOVE the Reidsville/South Granville game.....SG would not want to give up their home advantage....take it to the bank...................
Too late anyway

I will predict this....They will NOT MOVE the Reidsville/South Granville game.....SG would not want to give up their home advantage....take it to the bank...................

Yeah they are not moving. I feel like we went through this before with someone in football. IF the game was later on in the week you would have a better chance to get it moved.

I haven’t seen a seating capacity for Creedmoor Arena (ie South Granville gym) but I would guess 800 or less.
Please somebody with exact number please post .

Last edited:
That would mean the gym only seats 600

IMO, all the elite 8 games should be at neutral sites, halfway between the competing schools. That would mean Eastern Alamance, Cummings or Williams for Reidsville vs Creedmoor SG game.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
So guessing if you don’t already have a ticket and u drive the 90miles there. There’s a possibility u can’t get in or get turned away. Is that right?

Thanks

So guessing if you don’t already have a ticket and u drive the 90miles there. There’s a possibility u can’t get in or get turned away. Is that right?
yes basically cause reidsville has sold 200 tickets. I haven’t heard how many SG has sold. They’re gym is about the size of a charter school gym lol

Yeah they are not moving. I feel like we went through this before with someone in football. IF the game was later on in the week you would have a better chance to get it moved.
this conversation came up in football playoffs a couple of times......2011 at SOUTH GRANVILLE, and 2012 at Carrboro.............needless to say, nothing was done....the crap in handbook about minimum standards for playoff games, is just that....CRAP...................................

Curious....is ReidsvilleRadio.com carrying the game????....I know they have the home games.............
I just found out Reidsvilleradio.com will be there Tuesday.

Last edited:
Reactions: rambbq
All presale tickets from both schools have been sold. There are roughly 200 tickets left to be sold at the door after all presale are in the gym. There will be an overflow in the auditorium with a live stream for $5 once the gym is sold out

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT