ADVERTISEMENT

The season

tarheel fan1

Dec 2, 2011
Of course a lot is unknown.

A lot of teams will mostly be conference only I’m assuming.

Depending on that non conference schedules will need to be re arranged.
Especially if it’s less then 7 games in conference.

Something has to give. Lots of issues with just playing conference games. Case in point............will Tuscola not play Pisgah? Can't imagine anyone in Haywood County would like that especially the AD's. Pisgah is in a 6 team conference so they have room for a couple of non conference games. Last I checked Tuscola is in an 9 team league. Not only would they not have room for a non conference opponent, who would they drop and who would decide that?

Word I'm hearing is realignment may be delayed for a year. If so, why worry about playing conference games? Provided fans will be allowed to attend, find seven opponents that will limit travel and allow schools to win at the gate. MaxPreps rankings will likely play a larger role than usual in determing playoff qualifiers so conference standings will be moot. That is if a playoff can be held at all.

Reactions: PBBear51
Something has to give. Lots of issues with just playing conference games. Case in point............will Tuscola not play Pisgah? Can't imagine anyone in Haywood County would like that especially the AD's. Pisgah is in a 6 team conference so they have room for a couple of non conference games. Last I checked Tuscola is in an 9 team league. Not only would they not have room for a non conference opponent, who would they drop and who would decide that?

Word I'm hearing is realignment may be delayed for a year. If so, why worry about playing conference games? Provided fans will be allowed to attend, find seven opponents that will limit travel and allow schools to win at the gate. MaxPreps rankings will likely play a larger role than usual in determing playoff qualifiers so conference standings will be moot. That is if a playoff can be held at all.

that’s the best idea. For reidsville we have a small conference so we’d have to go out and find 3 opponents likely, which I would hope wouldn’t be the county schools. It will be interesting what they decide

that’s the best idea. For reidsville we have a small conference so we’d have to go out and find 3 opponents likely, which I would hope wouldn’t be the county schools. It will be interesting what they decide
wouldn't stake my life on it but unfortunately I'll bet the Rams will have to play the 3 other county schools......ugh..................

wouldn't stake my life on it but unfortunately I'll bet the Rams will have to play the 3 other county schools......ugh..................

if the county schools have to play conference only then we can’t play them. They are in a large conference. Don’t they have a 9 team conference? Of course I think we will have to play them somehow

I’ve heard rumblings that could possibly lead to just 7 games scheduled by each individual school and then how ever many teams(possibly 8 or 16) make playoffs would be based solely on Maxpreps

The current alignment gave Reidsville the shaft. We have all said it from day one. If reidsville plays all conference games, the strength of schedule may be one of the worst in the state. If limited playoffs only use max preps ratings, the Rams may not make the playoffs.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
The current alignment gave Reidsville the shaft. We have all said it from day one. If reidsville plays all conference games, the strength of schedule may be one of the worst in the state. If limited playoffs only use max preps ratings, the Rams may not make the playoffs.

We can't play all conference games regardless.

If we can just schedule 7 teams, coach better go out and schedule aggressively.

We are in a 5 team conference, which would only be 4 conference games. So its going to be interesting.

Also I doubt they do split A- AA

I’ve heard rumblings that could possibly lead to just 7 games scheduled by each individual school and then how ever many teams(possibly 8 or 16) make playoffs would be based solely on Maxpreps

I’d be OK with that. It isn’t like the 9 and 10 team conferences are going to be able to play everyone anyway. And I’d rather play Crest and KM than East Gaston and RS Central. And a delay of realignment would mean we would get on sync with South Carolina (2 year nonconference contracts beginning in the same years). It would make it easier when scheduling SC schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohio tarheels
dont worry Ram fans, I have on decent authority that there are some "hand shake agreements" for good games coming up.

Reidsville people complain about playing county teams but it's a waste of time. You will play those county teams if at all possible as it means money. In case you don't know, some of those county teams would rather not play you guys but they do for the same reason as stated above. It's about the money.

Truthfully, RC and Morehead are as good or better than your conference opponents so quit complaining and go to the bank on Monday morning. McMichael??? BTW, those "county" teams are in an 8 team league so if everyone has to play conference only, they won't get to play the mighty Rams.

Reidsville people complain about playing county teams but it's a waste of time. You will play those county teams if at all possible as it means money. In case you don't know, some of those county teams would rather not play you guys but they do for the same reason as stated above. It's about the money.

Truthfully, RC and Morehead are as good or better than your conference opponents so quit complaining and go to the bank on Monday morning. McMichael??? BTW, those "county" teams are in an 8 team league so if everyone has to play conference only, they won't get to play the mighty Rams.

I don't want to hear that. We get clowned for playing conference teams and our county teams. I don't mind playing the county teams, but I do not want to if all we can play is county and conference. Do you not realize all of those games would be blowouts in that case. Of course its better than no season.

The county teams are better than our conference, but yet and still the county teams are still not very good. I think Morehead can be decent this year though. Every now and then the county teams do field some pretty good teams, rockingham and Morehead have had teams to really challenge Reidsville.

Truthfully we could find other games to make the same amount as county games, Western Alamance, Dudley, Eastern Alamance would all bring in a great gate.

[QUOTE="rival hater, post: 635950, member: 16619"In case you don't know, some of those county teams would rather not play you guys.[/QUOTE]

I think everyone knows Rockingham County High School doesnt like having to play Reidsville.

Last edited:
Northeastern boosts their schedule with tough non-conference games. NCC is a weak conference. Conference only schedule is going to hurt

[QUOTE="rival hater, post: 635950, member: 16619"In case you don't know, some of those county teams would rather not play you guys.

I think everyone knows Rockingham County High School doesnt like having to play Reidsville.
Why did my evil twin edit his post, though? I saw how you had it, initially. You brought a smile to ole LA’s face. You thought better of it, huh? I can relate. We have many things in common. You have a much better vocabulary, though, obviously more educated. Are you by chance a Taurus, too? I bet you’re introverted, too, in your personal life. I bet you are considered a good dude by most, but have things about you that can rub people the wrong way. When people can’t figure you out, you’re either crazy or conceited to them.

Last edited:
Why did my evil twin edit his post, though? I saw how you had it, initially. You brought a smile to ole LA’s face. You thought better of it, huh? I can relate. We have many things in common. You have a much better vocabulary, though, obviously more educated. Are you by chance a Taurus, too? I bet you’re introverted, too, in your personal life. I bet you are considered a good dude by most, but have things about you that can rub people the wrong way. When people can’t figure you out, you’re either crazy or conceited to them.

Hey pal! Hope you and yours are well! Love your questionnaire. I edited it because that was a can of worms not meant for this great site. I left it up long enough, though, so Im sure some got the point. Plus anyone that knows about it knows most of those folks went to start the Bethany School for Those That Hate Diversity

And sorry, Im a Leo not a Taurus. Everything else is pretty close, though.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Hey pal! Hope you and yours are well! Love your questionnaire. I edited it because that was a can of worms not meant for this great site. I left it up long enough, though, so Im sure some got the point. Plus anyone that knows about it knows most of those folks went to start the Bethany School for Those That Hate Diversity

And sorry, Im a Leo not a Taurus. Everything else is pretty close, though.
Your response in that now deleted thread was epic, by the way. My sentiments exactly, and I don’t even care about, nor do I follow politics all that much.

Reactions: Frank Lost Password
Your response in that now deleted thread was epic, by the way. My sentiments exactly, and I don’t even care about, nor do I follow politics all that much.

Surprised it lasted as long as it did TBH.

Tell your people to call my people and lets get Reidsville v Shelby Feb 26th on the books.

Reactions: Lion Attack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT