ADVERTISEMENT

The season that could have been

Oct 8, 2011
First off, I prey everybody is safe up there in the Tar Hill state.

What a shame for all the OOS games that were scheduled and had to be cancelled

Richmond vs an unknown but more than capable FLA school. I forgot the name of that school but it lost 2 games last season and one of the teams that beat them lost to Edgewater who proceeded to lose to STA by 3 points for the chip. Congrats on Richmond for getting that game. Lets hope it gets rescheduled

Vance vs DF Nothing needs to be said here. I am sure this game will be rescheduled

And now to my rapidly becoming favorite team The Charlotte Catholic Cougars
Last year it was Archbishop Rommel Lost 7 - 3 Final Max Preps Ranking #46
Our Lady of Good Council lost 7 - 0 Final Max Preps Ranking #11

This year it was going to be Archbishop Rommel and Bergen Catholic. 2 high quality teams and a Catholic school from down here in ATL I don't think it was Blessed Trinity but if it was I will go out on a limb and say that would be the most impressive OOS schedule for any high school in America. Not including the IMGS and St Francis' of the world

Anybody know if that Weddington vs Myers Park game is still on. I would drive the 5 hours to see that game since there won't be football down here in the spring

I am wildly intrigued by Weddington. CC loses to two very legit OOS opponents but gets a mud hole stomped into them by Weddington

Talking to some friends back in NC and they say Weddington is legit and may be the best team in NC or at least in the top 3

If Weddington really is that good and realignment comes and they stay in 3AA is it possible for the Weddington Admin to petition the state to allow them to be placed in 4A.

And on the other side of the coin can a team petition to take a step back in classification but be ineligible for the playoffs to get their program moving in the right direction. South Mech comes to mind here.

Weddington has played no one that would suggest they are the top team in NC. They better stay in their lane. If they moved up, they would get smashed often.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Big win against Charlotte Catholic not a game changer for me. Best in the State?

The unknown team from Orlando that RC scheduled (Jones) is currently ranked 16th in the nation probably good for them the RC game was cancelled...

Happy Thanksgiving all. Now it is time to relax

After seeing @araiderfan response it made me do some digging and of course the first place I go is to Max Preps. From what I seen over there in the past few minutes questions if @araiders fan knows his/hers competition or is just being a true fan through thick and thin. The Jones team I saw can compete in my humble opinion with any public school in the country. Yes that includes MC and Vance. They had 2 loses last year 1 to Edgewater by 5 points in the regular season NOT at the elete level. Edgewater lost to perennial power STA by 3 points in the state finals and Jones lost to perennial power Northwester of Miami by 17 points in the 5A final. Max Prep rating had them at #24 I believe, a few slots below DF.

This years squad looks to be even better with the front lines going 6'3 310# across minimum and a solid core or WRs and Qb. #5 ranking thus far in Floridas 5A. SPEED KILLS and we know FLA has the speed

Who would win? My guess Jones by 10.
1500 enrollment for Jones. 1400 for Richmond. So enrollment is no issue
Would hope I would be wrong but that is the way I see it

Good luck to all NC teams but especially to my T'vill Bulldogs and my new second favorite team The Charlotte Cougars

Richmond has over 2,000 students in grades 9-12 which the classes Jones also has.

Also would have had Meyers Park vs Trinity Christian from Texas. I beleive Mallard Creek had a Florida opponent scheduled as well.

My bad @btango I was going with the news that is never fit to print Wikipedia, I got lazy. :(
I will go with your #s as I know you know HS football from coast to coast. Much respect. Be honest, who do you think will win?

@Middle Sound Heel a Texas Team and a Fla team? Crazy but when RC was looking for a game, everybody was crying when people suggested a top tier team from SC because of $$$$$

If MP or Vance or RC or MC is willing to travel, please come to Atlanta. I am dying to see my teams in hotlanta. That is why I was so upset with MC, they had a ticket stamped for the Corky Kell Classic but was given to DF when MC didn't win

Just remember - That was Weddington First ever win over Catholic if i remember correctly. With Weddington and Catholic moving up to 4A - idk how well Weddington will do vs team like Butler or Creek or whatever conference they get put into within the CLT METRO!

Happy Thanksgiving all. Now it is time to relax

After seeing @araiderfan response it made me do some digging and of course the first place I go is to Max Preps. From what I seen over there in the past few minutes questions if @araiders fan knows his/hers competition or is just being a true fan through thick and thin. The Jones team I saw can compete in my humble opinion with any public school in the country. Yes that includes MC and Vance. They had 2 loses last year 1 to Edgewater by 5 points in the regular season NOT at the elete level. Edgewater lost to perennial power STA by 3 points in the state finals and Jones lost to perennial power Northwester of Miami by 17 points in the 5A final. Max Prep rating had them at #24 I believe, a few slots below DF.

This years squad looks to be even better with the front lines going 6'3 310# across minimum and a solid core or WRs and Qb. #5 ranking thus far in Floridas 5A. SPEED KILLS and we know FLA has the speed

Who would win? My guess Jones by 10.
1500 enrollment for Jones. 1400 for Richmond. So enrollment is no issue
Would hope I would be wrong but that is the way I see it

Good luck to all NC teams but especially to my T'vill Bulldogs and my new second favorite team The Charlotte Cougars

I do know the competion and I know the Raiders if by some miracle we have a season you will see what the Rock is cooking...

@Middle Sound Heel a Texas Team and a Fla team? Crazy but when RC was looking for a game, everybody was crying when people suggested a top tier team from SC because of $$$$$

If MP or Vance or RC or MC is willing to travel, please come to Atlanta. I am dying to see my teams in hotlanta. That is why I was so upset with MC, they had a ticket stamped for the Corky Kell Classic but was given to DF when MC didn't win

That would be false! MC has an entire new staff. Travel to Corky Kell for what?

Yeah Myers Park was scheduled to play the Texas team, also Mallard Creek, and South Pointe from South Carolina. The South Pointe game was to be played at the Panthers stadium. Weddington was supposed to play Vance and Vance was also to play Dutch Fork. Covid flushed all these great matchups down the toilet.

Reactions: btango
@ Nepsy 7 No to the contrary it is true. New coaches has nothing to do with it. Correct me if I am wrong but last playable season fall of 19 MC tied DF right? At that point down here were rumblings that if MC should win out for the 4AA championship and if that is the case MC would get an invite to play in the CK. But right on schedule over the past few years, MC lost and never brought home the chip. Thank God for Vance who represented greatly.
With MC losing, the bid went out to DF and Hoover

Why play in the Corky Kell? smh
The CK is one of the best if not one of the best set of games in the country.
National Recs
More Power 5 scouts there
Playing a potential State Champion
In Georgia's case, possibly playing a team in week 0 that you may face 3 months later for the chip

Generally speaking of course, any coach in the south east would die to get an invite to the CK. If they don't, they simply are a little timid stepping up to the plate against a team as good or better.

Jones by the way made it to the Florida 5A Semis!!! Game 12/4 to go the chip game

@ Nepsy 7 No to the contrary it is true. New coaches has nothing to do with it. Correct me if I am wrong but last playable season fall of 19 MC tied DF right? At that point down here were rumblings that if MC should win out for the 4AA championship and if that is the case MC would get an invite to play in the CK. But right on schedule over the past few years, MC lost and never brought home the chip. Thank God for Vance who represented greatly.
With MC losing, the bid went out to DF and Hoover

Why play in the Corky Kell? smh
The CK is one of the best if not one of the best set of games in the country.
National Recs
More Power 5 scouts there
Playing a potential State Champion
In Georgia's case, possibly playing a team in week 0 that you may face 3 months later for the chip

Generally speaking of course, any coach in the south east would die to get an invite to the CK. If they don't, they simply are a little timid stepping up to the plate against a team as good or better.

Jones by the way made it to the Florida 5A Semis!!! Game 12/4 to go the chip game

I've been a big part of the program for years. The program has been invited to play schools in California, IMG, HOOVER, and South Florida where Coach Palmieri is from. Because of the stiff financial obligations, and the host team, not giving enough. It's been a no go. Once Coach Palmieri moved on to Denmark High School in Alpharetta. That game was not happening, regardless of how big of an opportunity, you believe it was. So no, you're wrong! They've also attempted to make games work bigger than the Corky Kell. As i was the guy that brought the attention of the Corky Kell to the program. Invite or no invite. The game was not happening.

MC currently has over 70 players on College Rosters.
School opened in 2007
There are 25 to 30 FBS Programs walking the Halls at MC weekly
They played a State Champion (Dutch Fork) on ESPN
The Creek has been Nationally ranked
Currently ranked Nationally with # of kids on FBS rosters
They did not need the Corky Kell outside of playing different competition. (SMH)

Last edited:
I've been a big part of the program for years. The program has been invited to play schools in California, IMG, HOOVER, and South Florida where Coach Palmieri is from. Because of the stiff financial obligations, and the host team, not giving enough. It's been a no go. Once Coach Palmieri moved on to Denmark High School in Alpharetta. That game was not happening, regardless of how big of an opportunity, you believe it was. So no, you're wrong! They've also attempted to make games work bigger than the Corky Kell. As i was the guy that brought the attention of the Corky Kell to the program. Invite or no invite. The game was not happening.

MC currently has over 70 players on College Rosters.
School opened in 2007
There are 25 to 30 FBS Programs walking the Halls at MC weekly
They played a State Champion (Dutch Fork) on ESPN
The Creek has been Nationally ranked
Currently ranked Nationally with # of kids on FBS rosters
They did not need the Corky Kell outside of playing different competition. (SMH)
I believe Mr. 2011 simply wants MC to prove they can beat the next requested team. That's all.....

Besides that Mr. Nepsy, you seem to have a level of power within the program sir as I do for PS. So are you the Athletic Director, Recruiter, Historian, a Preacher, Resource Officer, Lawyer, the HC spokesperson, or simply the Shot caller in Diamond jewellery loafers for MC?

Last edited:
@btango and @nepsy7 get on your denial phones and make some calls and then tell me Hoover never played in the Classic
Tell me they weren't scheduled along with DF to play this year.

Well @nepsy7 The we don't have the money for 1 game a year is getting old. And that goes for everybody else who makes that excuse. In any state. I guess I am getting old but I remember doing bake sales, raffles, car washes, whatever it took to play a game OOS. Put the onus of responsibility on the players and coaches to make the money. Taking in to account the players, coaches and cheerleaders (lets say 100) a MC team would need to bring in `$10,000 for an overnight 2 to a room, bus and food trip $75 a night breaks down to $37.50 per person for the room. 2 days for 2 buses would be about $2000 per bus x 2 = $4000 or $40 per rider that leaves $22.50
It can be done @nepsy7 no BS excuse

As a Tar Hill former resident I can safely say it would be a bad move for any public including the almighty chokers MC to play IMG, STA, SJB, MD, De Lasalle or SFA. Running clock. sorry to burst your bubble

There is much better options for you in Tenn, Kentucky, Georgia, Virginia and even West Virginia. All within a 6 hour drive from the farthest point

70 players on college rosters. I can see that but how many on Power 5? ASU is FBS but it doesn't matter a free ride is a free ride. Congrats. I see Trent is doing well his first year at Clemson.

Again about recruiters, how many are power 5?

ESPN? They were there for Trent, DF and Tommy. Get over that fact. I do have friends and 1 is on a ESPN production crew that did that game. He wasn't to happy going up to DF

Nationally ranked yes but like life - it is what have you done for me lately. And in MCs case A Big Fat Zero outside off getting kids free rides. Which is the most important thing

I will concede the fact that MC didn't need the Corky Kell but will add I also think MCs AD has no kahunas and runs from the competition not towards it

MC has the talent on the field!!!!! Only if they had Charlotte Catholic's heart!!!! They would be a wrecking ball

Yes Dunkin plays 11/4 in the real big boys tourney AAAAAAA. I wish him the best, not sure of what bracket they are in but if they keep on winning, they will come across real Big Time Programs

• Wow
Reactions: S2V2
@btango and @nepsy7 get on your denial phones and make some calls and then tell me Hoover never played in the Classic

Hoover has played in the Corky Kell? What year and who did they play?

DF was playing IMG and Vance out of state this year. Did not know they were playing in the Kell?

Well @nepsy7 The we don't have the money for 1 game a year is getting old. And that goes for everybody else who makes that excuse. In any state. I guess I am getting old but I remember doing bake sales, raffles, car washes, whatever it took to play a game OOS. Put the onus of responsibility on the players and coaches to make the money. Taking in to account the players, coaches and cheerleaders (lets say 100) a MC team would need to bring in `$10,000 for an overnight 2 to a room, bus and food trip $75 a night breaks down to $37.50 per person for the room. 2 days for 2 buses would be about $2000 per bus x 2 = $4000 or $40 per rider that leaves $22.50

As a Tar Hill former resident I can safely say it would be a bad move for any public including the almighty chokers MC to play IMG, STA, SJB, MD, De Lasalle or SFA. Running clock. sorry to burst your bubble

There is much better options for you in Tenn, Kentucky, Georgia, Virginia and even West Virginia. All within a 6 hour drive from the farthest point

70 players on college rosters. I can see that but how many on Power 5? ASU is FBS but it doesn't matter a free ride is a free ride. Congrats. I see Trent is doing well his first year at Clemson.

ESPN? They were there for Trent, DF and Tommy. Get over that fact. I do have friends and 1 is on a ESPN production crew that did that game. He wasn't to happy going up to DF

Nationally ranked yes but like life - it is what have you done for me lately. And in MCs case A Big Fat Zero outside off getting kids free rides. Which is the most important thing

I will concede the fact that MC didn't need the Corky Kell but will add I also think MCs AD has no kahunas and runs from the competition not towards it

MC has the talent on the field!!!!! Only if they had Charlotte Catholic's heart!!!! They would be a wrecking ball

Yes Dunkin plays 11/4 in the real big boys tourney AAAAAAA. I wish him the best, not sure of what bracket they are in but if they keep on winning, they will come across real Big Time Programs
Easy now....easy.
Mr. Nepsy will be here momentarily Mr. 2011

Reactions: nepsy7

Our kids on Power 5. Clemson, Syracuse, Georgia, Oklahoma, Old Miss, LSU, South Carolina, West Virginia, Florida, NC State, Miami, Wake Forest, Minnesota, UNC, Duke. Florida State, Tennessee. Currently have 2 centers on the Watch list for the Remington. Not Power 5, but one at Appy State, that’ll be drafted. Yes you’re old as dirt, if you believe high school football teams can travel across State lines with profits from a bake sale, and car washes. Lmao! You’re beyond clueless! MC’s a lot of things, but they’ve never run from stiff competition. Even the guys who hate the program will back me on that. You’re not informed enough to bust any bubbles. ESPN came calling because of 2 State powers playing. The game was scheduled before ESPN knew who the hell Trent was. Going into the season Top NC team against Top SC team. A game Palmeri and Knotts have tried to put together for years. It’s also evident you don’t know a lot about putting games together. It’s not that easy. Also! The next time you’re attempting to take shots at the program, don’t reference them to a team the Creek played twice, and destroyed. (Charlotte Catholic) I love CC! We’ve been falling short on the Ships, but we’ve got a patent on the scholly’s . You’re like 0-3 for being wrong. Carry on. People are bored, and you’re entertaining.It’s always somebody’s drunk uncle, who’s never scheduled a game or did any fund raising, explaining how it’s done. Lol!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT