4. West Mecklenburg
5. Jack Britt
6. Purnell Swett
7. Hoke County
8. Seventy-First
9. Pinecrest
10. Lumberton
11. Richmond

Scotland has no excuse not to win a state title this year. All their top competition went to 3A and they have the #1 RB in the nation along with several senior OLmen.
Only comp may be Wake Forest should they drop down. If they don't win it this year I don't know when they will...

Reactions: tigertown21
CC14
Base are your early prediction sir, are you pretty much saying The Scotland of 2017 is not worth the Hype..............specially if they lose one game?

With all due respect
(this is what I understood from your essay)

CC14
Base are your early prediction sir, are you pretty much saying The Scotland of 2017 is not worth the Hype..............specially if they lose one game?

With all due respect
(this is what I understood from your essay)
No I am saying they have no excuse for not winning a state title. Sure they may lose a game to Mallard Creek or maybe dare I say...Richmond but I'm talking state title...the big picture.

No I am saying they have no excuse for not winning a state title. Sure they may lose a game to Mallard Creek or maybe dare I say...Richmond but I'm talking state title...the big picture.
I know several+ languages
English
Spanish
German
and "The in between" language

Right now I am focused on the "in between" language. You keep saying "excuses". That's telling me that since in your own words Mr. CC14 you said they(Scotland) should win the state title since apparently all their competition went to 3A.........They really dont have a game that comes with competition

so one:
1. they should not have excuses
2. they should not lose a game (since the competition moved to 3A)
3. they should win the state title ( since they wont lose a game based on no excuses)

so overall sir, since they have Zeus, competition is now in 3A, no excuses will be involved, if they dont win it all ..................they really suck

YOURE CONFUSING ME DUDE

Last edited:
Come playoff time you are right. However, Mallard Creek is competition for them and may very well beat the Scots come week 1.
Outside of that I don't see a team on that schedule outside of Richmond that I can give a legit chance to beat the Scots.

Reactions: tigertown21
I do see your point about the 3A thing though Mr. CC14. Scotland should sweep the whole season and go right into playoff mode. In fact I would think they would play every game like its a playoff

Every down is money down
- Zeus

I do see your point about the 3A thing though Mr. CC14. Scotland should sweep the whole season and go right into playoff mode. In fact I would think they would play every game like its a playoff

Every down is money down
- Zeus
Dudley, Catholic, Conley, Cape Fear, JH Rose, AL Brown all back down to 3A. Those are the top teams that could challenge Scotland come playoff time, but they're all gone. Scotland has no excuses for not winning it all with Zeus and all of those top teams gone.

2017scots just as in the past will they choke again..will loser bailey lose again.will the Scots soil themselves again. I sure hope so.

Reactions: swett2victory
Wake Forest & Vance will most likely fall into 4A.......Both will be tough competition for SC

High Admin numbers from other programs will push them into 4A
If that's the case, then the Richmond verse Wake Forest game will be more interesting for Scotland to watch. Middle Creek travels to Wake Forest for the third game of the season. There will be no debate during the season who is better between these two, it will be decided on the field. I have a hard time visualizing Middle Creek winning this matchup. This will be the third time these two teams have met and the first time that WF will be favored.

Apparently Bailey is using his Fayetteville ties to secure some more talent as well to make sure there aren't any excuses. Heard Byrd's best Athlete is over there now as well as the starting QB from Westover...

Apparently Bailey is using his Fayetteville ties to secure some more talent as well to make sure there aren't any excuses. Heard Byrd's best Athlete is over there now as well as the starting QB from Westover...
The best "recruiting tool" is winning games. Everyone wants to play for the winner. As long as teams are dominating, they will continue to get the best players. Also, some coaches are good "recruiters" and have a way about getting good players to their school. This is always going to be an issue in high school sports.

Last edited:
Sir, you and Mr-Robinson are simply stating what myself and raiderjunkie have said all along. You can't call them recruits on here, so I'll use the term "transplants". They seem to be loaded with their "homegrown" talent. No excuses this year not to win it all.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Sir, you and Mr-Robinson are simply stating what myself and raiderjunkie have said all along. You can't call them recruits on here, so I'll use the term "transplants". They seem to be loaded with their "homegrown" talent. No excuses this year not to win it all.
I live in the ville and have not heard of any of this you are talking about. The kid from westover is a d 1 recruit not sure what he gets out of going to Scotland other than being on a better team. Byrd's best athlete that might not be saying much have you seen Byrd lately?

Last edited:
I's bet that place that they call Robeson County has got dees guys that can PLAYED them football games hanging around those car washes and riding those 4 wheelers on someone else land and needs them rights adults 2 steer them n d right DIRCTION, I'S spoke my words.

Just because he may be the best athlete at Byrd,there is no quarantee that he will see the field at Scotland. We grow our own!

Reactions: swett2victory
Just because he may be the best athlete at Byrd,there is no quarantee that he will see the field at Scotland. We grow our own!
and that goes for our corn, our cotton, our chickens, our goats, our cows, and durn it - boy I said durn it we make the best collard sandwich. If ya'll dont know, ya'll better ask somebody.....

----------------------

People,
Aint nobody splashing money or promises around CumCo

I live in the ville and have not heard of any of this you are talking about. The kid from westover is a d 1 recruit not sure what he gets out of going to Scotland other than being on a better team. Byrd's best athlete that might not be saying much have you seen Byrd lately?

I live in the Ville as well and have seen Byrd lately. They're not good but that kid is an athlete and will definitely start on Defense for them. Westover is trying to talk the QB into staying put but him and some of the other kids jumped ship when the Coach left for SC...

And just like we said fun n gun, transfers don't happen without people knowing. When is the last kid to start for Scotland that was a transfer?

Hey go-scots , if'n you all grow your own players why are the Cumberland county fans starting to see what myself and Fun n'Gun have been seeing now for a while

Scotswin, I get that. The point is these guys have been claiming it has been going on during this run. It hasn't. So, 1 transfer starter in 7 years that is an impact player and it will be this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT