ADVERTISEMENT

The New SAC 8

Repurcity

Aug 18, 2015
New name, same teams with the additions of 71st and Jack Britt. What a conference. Adding 71st to the mix may add a hic up for the top tier.
SCOTLAND still the team to beat with the 2 horses at RB and majority of that big line back. Defensively they got the lbs back along with d line play. New qb this year . Should be a promising year for the Scots
RICHMOND new coach same team. I expect this team to be strong this year. Lots of speed and some upcoming size should make for a big final game
71st. Probably the most physical team. May surprise someone but do they have enough to compete in a tougher conference?
PINECREST. Well coached and they should have more speed this year. Tougher schedule as well
LUMBERTON Big time Qb who can light it up if he has some decent wide outs
PURNELL SWETT majority of depth back at key positions .
HOKE majority of skill offensive players back. Lost a lot on a defense that caused a ton of turnovers. Always have speed
JACK BRITT new coach who is trying to bring back the glory days of one of the best in the East.
If anybody has anything to add please share because I'm anxious to see how this conference unfolds with some good teams . August can't get here fast enough

Reactions: tigertown21
Since y'all do no know the. CDC says that you have to take your shots before venturing sc and rc. Or either enter at your own risk

Scotland
Richmond
Pinecrest
Seventy First
The Top Four
---will Jack Britt return to form
---lumberton,swett,hoke ??anything here

I would also like to see JB return to form but my 2 biggest questions are;
1) Can SC win it all this year. Having all the pieces, as they do, doesn't happen all that often. They had it last season and couldn't get it done so will they this year?
2) RC- Big year for them, do they take a step forward or backwards? They are 5-4 in playoff games the last 4 years and they have been blown out in 3 of their 4 losses. Also, everyone knows how one sided their series with SC has been. Would love to see the Raiders return to a high level of play and play consistent FB.

PC you need to worry about your viqueens when the last time u won won.one will u win this year no will sc win one no.they choke I miss the good ole days we use ta stomp y'all behind

The question is what the queens gonna do. You need to worry about your alma m . going surfing this weekend. I hate to say this you a re bunch of beach bums . seen Frankie Avalon lately sincerely yours ct and your masters the bears of new bern

1. The level of competition should pick up in the conference and not be so top heavy. With that being said, here is my SAC 4A prediction for 2017.

1) Scotland County
    2) Richmond Senior
    3) Seventy-First
    4) Pinecrest
    5) Lumberton
    6) Jack Britt
    7) Hoke County
    8) Purnell Swett

Richmond, 71st, and Pinecrest are bunched together, and there's really no separation. These games could come down to the last possession or one play that changes the outcome of said game. Scotland is the clear favorite, if they don't win it this year, there will be some furniture moving in Laurinburg.

Richmond will have talent coming back, but are a couple of years away from contending for a state title. Non conference will be brutal for the Raiders. From a source inside the program on staff, they will be going with a freshman at QB, but his level of play is more advanced. He will have his struggles, but he will be one of the best to come through the program. Combine that with the talent that Richmond has coming, and you have a good recipe for success, but not this year.
    Sound smart around the water cooler: Richmond's last 3 head coaches (Hoggard, Castellano, and Till) have had to travel to Pate in their first year as the leader of Richmond.

71st experienced a couple of down years recently, but are going to contend for second, and may give Scotland a run for their money. They have the best chance to beat the champs.

Pinecrest toughened up their nonconference, which will benefit them in conference play, but they have to figure out a way to get over the Richmond/Scotland hump to realize what Metzger has been so close to accomplishing, a conference championship. Does anyone know the last time they won a conference title in football?

Lumberton is my dark horse in the conference to break into the top 3. They have a QB that's been in the system and starting since his 9th grade year, and stability with whose voice they are listening to. The issue for Lumberton, because they will score points, is whether they can stop anyone on defense. If they can, watch out.

I really believe that Britt having as much as an abysmal season as they did last year is a blip on a generally solid-great program. I don't see Britt having that type of season again, and they will be respectable. Watch out Scots, the game at The Boneyard could wind up being a trap game.

Hoke County will improve, but with the conference improving from top to bottom, I see maybe one win for them in conference.

Purnell Swett made some strides near the end of the season on offense, but will struggle in this conference, they and Hoke are either going to finish 7th or 8th.

Reactions: tigertown21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT