ADVERTISEMENT

The Mountain Week 7 Predictions and Power Rankings

Titanman27

Sep 4, 2019
Last week went as most expected with Reynolds winning big, Asheville beating Erwin, TC winning easily and McDowell getting beat by Chase. This week has the game of the year in the conference with Asheville playing Reynolds!

Roberson @ Enka- TC Roberson was able to get back in the win column against North Buncombe and should have little to no trouble against Enka.

Roberson 28
Enka 6

McDowell @ North Buncombe- The titans played well for a half but fell apart late vs a very talented Chase team. They were down 6 going into the second half but Chase put on the after burners and shut them out in the 2nd. North Buncombe has been really struggling and will likely battle Enka for last place.

McDowell 34
North Buncombe 13

Reynolds @ Asheville-The2 best teams in the conference battle it out for first place this week. Asheville has been on a tear recently and are playing very well with their QB back. The defense is pllaying well too limiting Erwin to 14 points. Reynolds is also rounding into form and this will be one heck of a ball game. Could it be the year the rockets fall from their perch? Asheville will battle and be within one score late but the rockets will be a little too much yet again

Reynolds 28
Asheville 21

Power Rankings
1. Reynolds
2. Asheville
3. McDowell
4. Erwin
5. Roberson
6. Enka
7, North Buncombe

Reactions: CougarsOfAHS
TC by 21
McDowell by 28
This is the year… I can feel it. This is the year Cougars take back the MAC. 28-24 Asheville

McDowell wins by 28
TCR would have won by 28
Will Asheville and ACR combine for 28 points? Not sure they will. Two very talented teams, if Asheville wins it won’t be a shock or surprise they are that good. I hope my guys bring their defense and are ready to play. It’s a toss up, but I can’t go against my guys, a late defensive stand wins this one, with just barely over 28 total points…..ACR 17-14.

IDK about Asheville but I know I read on here somewhere that ACR was very young, maybe something like only 5 seniors on the entire team.

Are Reynolds and Asheville senior laden teams are do they play a lot of underclassmen?
ACR is still very young. Starting a Sophomore QB and a freshman TB. Our leading WR is a Sophomore, and we start 2 seniors on defense. All in all we have 14 9th and 10th graders combined (all who play) and only 10 Seniors total. I believe Asheville is young also, not sure about their total numbers but I think they have a lot of young talent contributing.

Reynolds has been young since Abe Lincoln days
After watching your Cougars against robbinsville they look like a junior varsity team, robbinsville was pushing your line back 5 yards every play, bet your coach was embarrass I was totally shock how much stronger robbinsville was. Now you have beat bunch sorry teams now you are talking conf championship lol

After watching your Cougars against robbinsville they look like a junior varsity team, robbinsville was pushing your line back 5 yards every play, bet your coach was embarrass I was totally shock how much stronger robbinsville was. Now you have beat bunch sorry teams now you are talking conf championship lol
Where did I talk about a conference championship?

It was me who said we taking conference back. No excuses Robbinsville handled us. With 4 starting lineman out. Didn’t brevard beat them?

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
McDowell could have scored over 70 (they had 2 TD called back to penalties) I didn't think that would be possible for McDowell in a conference game.

Is Asheville throwing the ball more now with their QB back? I don't think the titans stand much of a chance against either Reynolds or Asheville but they have struggled more generally with teams that can pass it and of course teams who have a lot of speed, that's why the Erwin game may be more difficult than their record.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Asheville runs a nice balance of run and pass. We did a good job tonight against both really. The pass didn’t really hurt us, what hurt us was our offense was anemic, and that’s a credit to them, but we didn’t really test them down field either, very disappointing.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Yeah but it took 10 fumbles and some help from covid.
Well it took most of our OL/DL out to lose to y’all. We both can make excuses. We are 10x the team we was from week 1. Have a good rest of year. See y’all next year

Reactions: BK13T-$
Asheville runs a nice balance of run and pass. We did a good job tonight against both really. The pass didn’t really hurt us, what hurt us was our offense was anemic, and that’s a credit to them, but we didn’t really test them down field either, very disappointing.
Good defense by both teams… I think we both was trying not to make mistakes. I think the difference was Radford let QB1 be him… seemed like laws wouldn’t let Tolbert throw much, like he don’t trust him? Either way this will be a battle for years to come with both teams being young. That #5 will be special

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
I agree, we played really close to the vest and tend to do that against top competition. I think we lean too much on our defense which is a very strong one. Asheville’s defense has changed and improved so much since Radford took over. It’s nice to see this rivalry back at it again. Our TB will be special, his brother is special also, he is a Sophomore and starts at LB’er (#33). Coming years should be fun!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT