ADVERTISEMENT

The Mallard Creek Tap Dancer

Rock and roll, ole Rich. B and G is a solid poster. Nepsy, however, wakes up every morning with his panties in a wad. MC will not lose 5 games and would spank Shelby with their JV team. Keeping it real!

This is like beating a dead horse.....

Leave Shelby out of it....leave every existing team out of it. When someone makes an inaccurate statement I am going to chime in and correct you. Relative to who they play, MC does not have the toughest schedule in the state. They don't play up. There are teams that do play up against good schools 2 and 3 times their size. MC only plays schools their size or lower.

For the debate's sake.....that would be like saying (if no 3A or 4a existed) Shelby has the toughest schedule but we only have 2A or 1A schools on our schedule. That would be inaccurate as we are supposed to beat those teams if we are "the best". How many years would Shelby go undefeated if we only played 2A or 1A schools. (BTW, it takes Shelby 3 years to lose to a 2A school. Any 4A schools only lose 3 games a DECADE?) That schedule would be a cakewalk. If there was a 1A school that played up against tough competition, their schedule would be "tougher".

You refer to Brian's ratings but twist them to try and support your argument.

If you click on 3A, Weddington has the #3 toughest schedule ranked against schools similar to their size. They are #71 in the overall ranking. 2A has Shelby as the #4 toughest schedule ranked against schools similar to their size. Yet they are ranked #124 overall. In 1A WRH has the #2 schedule ranked against similar sized schools. Yet are 205 overall. In his overall rankings classification is not taken into consideration, only power rankings of opponents. He needs to modify his SS formula to include "classifications" and the difficulty in playing up.

YOU'RE 2A! Just not a lot of people interested in who won the 2 State Championship. That's why you will never see Simmons modifying his formula with concern of who a 2A team played, NO INTEREST!

This is like beating a dead horse.....

Leave Shelby out of it....leave every existing team out of it. When someone makes an inaccurate statement I am going to chime in and correct you. Relative to who they play, MC does not have the toughest schedule in the state. They don't play up. There are teams that do play up against good schools 2 and 3 times their size. MC only plays schools their size or lower.

For the debate's sake.....that would be like saying (if no 3A or 4a existed) Shelby has the toughest schedule but we only have 2A or 1A schools on our schedule. That would be inaccurate as we are supposed to beat those teams if we are "the best". How many years would Shelby go undefeated if we only played 2A or 1A schools. (BTW, it takes Shelby 3 years to lose to a 2A school. Any 4A schools only lose 3 games a DECADE?) That schedule would be a cakewalk. If there was a 1A school that played up against tough competition, their schedule would be "tougher".

You refer to Brian's ratings but twist them to try and support your argument.

If you click on 3A, Weddington has the #3 toughest schedule ranked against schools similar to their size. They are #71 in the overall ranking. 2A has Shelby as the #4 toughest schedule ranked against schools similar to their size. Yet they are ranked #124 overall. In 1A WRH has the #2 schedule ranked against similar sized schools. Yet are 205 overall. In his overall rankings classification is not taken into consideration, only power rankings of opponents. He needs to modify his SS formula to include "classifications" and the difficulty in playing up.

Its not relative to who you play. You want to make it relative to how many students you have in your school. Thats fine on he 2a board. You can argue with the other 2a fans and get extra credit. If you want to converse on the 4a board then I am gonna consider us all equal. You want to talk football on this board then your enrollment #s dont come in to play.

You give me a rating system that ranks Shelby's schedule above Mallard Creek then we can talk. But Simmons, Max preps, Cal preps doesnt consider how many students you have in their rating. You either play top notch competition or you dont.

Shelby does not

Talk about beating a dead horse...
"THIS IS NOT THE 2a BOARD" We do 4@ here...

Now 72 Champ you went way off the topic here. If you wanna shut MC up show up at whatever jamboree they'll be at. Shelby does field a great team. For 2-A that is, schedule reidsville or something. Cause if im correct other than last year. 3-A Crest was putting the smack down on you. With Haribison at RB. Y'all just now got the title of Kings of Cleveland county back. Ain't the rodeo in your town this week or next. Go get yourself a snowcone or some cotton candy.

Now 72 Champ you went way off the topic here. If you wanna shut MC up show up at whatever jamboree they'll be at. Shelby does field a great team. For 2-A that is, schedule reidsville or something. Cause if im correct other than last year. 3-A Crest was putting the smack down on you. With Haribison at RB. Y'all just now got the title of Kings of Cleveland county back. Ain't the rodeo in your town this week or next. Go get yourself a snowcone or some cotton candy.
Lol @this

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Cal preps doesnt consider how many students you have in their rating. You either play top notch competition or you dont.

Shelby does not

Do you hold a lot of stock in Calpreps? Just ran this one...

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2017] Shelby (NC) 35, [2017] Mallard Creek (Charlotte, NC) 8

And this one:

neutral field
[2017] Shelby (NC) 41, [2017] Butler [David W.] (Matthews, NC) 17

Interesting....
http://calpreps.com/2017/ratings/North_Carolina_all.htm

CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

And this one:

neutral field

Interesting....

Sweet Jesus! You've gotten no closer than your very 1st post. Let it go! Also outside of 1A teams, Shelby has substained one the longest running weak schedules in NC football!

Last edited:
72 do you think Catholic & Dudley are not as tough on a schedule just because they are 3A this year versus years past?

72 my question 2 u sir. how many people travel to see SHELBY play besides your in town fans. da flock we run with when come down almost every week 2 da best game around mostly n da 4a r 4aa and believe us we would never attend a 2a game and throw our time away and somebody else money. and we come from da HILLS OF NORTHWEST CONNECTICUT

CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

And this one:

neutral field

Interesting....

Have no idea who would win any of the games in 2017. Neither do you, neither does Cal preps. Best way to answer that question is to play a game. In the past that has not been something Shelby has been interested in but it seems maybe that mindset is changing.

I have never argued the strength or performance of Shelby football. They also play a GREAT 2a schedule and have taken a great step up this year. Last yeRs schedule when compared to other schools in NC was just about average...thats just a fact. You want extra credit for playing 3a schools. You dont get that on the 4a board. Wanna talk football on the 4a board you dont get extra credit.

I dont know what else you want from me

Now....i have to jump of the thread. Not because i dont enjoy talking football but some of the goofy people are starting to jump on and thats my que to jump off.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
just FYI 72.....Calpreps had Mallard Creek ranked preseason as the best school in the Carolinas. Maxpreps had them preseason as #8 in the country.

They werent the best team in the University area. So....i dont think i will use either as part of my arguement either way.

72 do you think Catholic & Dudley are not as tough on a schedule just because they are 3A this year versus years past?

Oh absolutely not....they are still tough as nails....this just adds to the argument that classifications are just that. Dudley won the 4A championship last year....so if they win the 3AA championship this year, are they somehow inferior to whoever wins the 4A championships? If the answer to that is no then the 4AA champ is no more superior to the 4A champ or the 3AA or 3A or 2AA or 2A or 1AA or 1A.

72 I agree with you, no team should be able to claim superiority that's why folks have been screaming to schedule a game!! But we aren't talking teams, we are discussing schedules and you're the one harping on classifications and relativity. We are just discussing strength of schedule

Oh absolutely not....they are still tough as nails....this just adds to the argument that classifications are just that. Dudley won the 4A championship last year....so if they win the 3AA championship this year, are they somehow inferior to whoever wins the 4A championships? If the answer to that is no then the 4AA champ is no more superior to the 4A champ or the 3AA or 3A or 2AA or 2A or 1AA or 1A.

You are truly the best. You start of telling us your schedule is tougher because you play up and Mallard Creek should mysteriously create a new division to play.

Now you are argueing that the division doesnt matter.

Love it when guys make my point for me.

You are truly the best. You start of telling us your schedule is tougher because you play up and Mallard Creek should mysteriously create a new division to play.

Now you are argueing that the division doesnt matter.

Love it when guys make my point for me.

I thought you were leaving....

You completely missed the point.

Of course the division (class) matters or we wouldn't have them. But is Dudley or Catholic (the teams themselves) weaker because they moved down a class? No way. Would 4A fans look at them as inferior now? Absolutely!

If Dudley, now a 3A sized school, scheduled nothing but 4A opponents and 4A Mallard Creek, a 4A sized school, scheduled nothing but 4A opponents, one would have to say Dudley's schedule is more difficult because they are playing up in every game and MC is only playing similar sized schools.

But thats not True. When 3A Dudley plays 4A Smith is that really scheduling up?? I get what you're trying to say but thats a very weak argument. You're argument is based on principle. 2a population <3a. But what most is arguing is reality and meric. Depth, Size and skill.

Enough of Shelby talk on 4a. seriously start deleting threads that get off course. This is becoming very annoying. I consider myself a fan of Shelby but I do not want to see their name on a 4a board unless their playing a 4a school.

Back to the topic. No Mallard Creek is not following in Indys footprints. Mallard Creek got the Lebron James Syndrome. You expect spectacular and amazing national level every year. I get it. Hey Alabama dont always win

Well said Champ!!! MC is held to an unbelievable standard and Indy had nowhere to go but down after winning 7 in a row!!

Enough of Shelby talk on 4a.

Back to the topic. No Mallard Creek is not following in Indys footprints. Mallard Creek got the Lebron James Syndrome. You expect spectacular and amazing national level every year. I get it. Hey Alabama dont always win

Agreed

Mallard Creek will follow in the footprints when a new school is built. Meck county football needs to step it up and bring a title back this year. As good as the talent is in Meck County, one of those teams should be winning the 'ship every single year.

Well said Champ!!! MC is held to an unbelievable standard and Indy had nowhere to go but down after winning 7 in a row!!
Well your right, its all fun and boasting when your up. But when you pray for rain be prepared to deal with the mud. Umbrella please!!!

LOL... Umbrella and mud. Been awfully rainy on that West side. Damn monsoon. Biblical Noah
and a couple of giraffes and zebra kind of stuff.

Here is the reality. Nobody has a clue what this version of Mallard Creek will look like. From scheme to personnel. I have seen plenty of of Mallard Creek games going back 9 years now and every year I have a decent clue what it will look like come August. No clue this year. With a gun to my head I couldn't give you the name of more than 5 or 6 starters and the positions they will be playing.

Very under the radar squad versus the past 3 or 4 squads. No Max preps, no high ranking and people betting on 5 losses, guys using computer simulations to predict 30 point losses. A handful of BCS level recruits but even they are VERY quiet.

Are they gonna be a pound it out running squad like 2013-2016 or will they go 4 wide and sling it more like 14 and 15. No clue.....Frankly i am not sure that even the coaching staff has a good feel yet. The word I keep hearing is " coachable" . That can be looked at in different ways.

The thing I love about HS football beyond everything else is the emergence of the unknown. The kid or kids who were after thoughts as juniors who get an opportunity and just kill it. This team easily has a dozen kids who could fill that role in 2 weeks.

LOL... Umbrella and mud. Been awfully rainy on that West side. Damn monsoon. Biblical Noah
and a couple of giraffes and zebra kind of stuff.

Here is the reality. Nobody has a clue what this version of Mallard Creek will look like. From scheme to personnel. I have seen plenty of of Mallard Creek games going back 9 years now and every year I have a decent clue what it will look like come August. No clue this year. With a gun to my head I couldn't give you the name of more than 5 or 6 starters and the positions they will be playing.

Very under the radar squad versus the past 3 or 4 squads. No Max preps, no high ranking and people betting on 5 losses, guys using computer simulations to predict 30 point losses. A handful of BCS level recruits but even they are VERY quiet.

Are they gonna be a pound it out running squad like 2013-2016 or will they go 4 wide and sling it more like 14 and 15. No clue.....Frankly i am not sure that even the coaching staff has a good feel yet. The word I keep hearing is " coachable" . That can be looked at in different ways.

The thing I love about HS football beyond everything else is the emergence of the unknown. The kid or kids who were after thoughts as juniors who get an opportunity and just kill it. This team easily has a dozen kids who could fill that role in 2 weeks.
Now that was very deep Pastor, now let the church say amen. Before you get all in your Jimmy Swagger mode. Praying with a rabbits foot in your pocket. You sound like your back pedaling. The footsteps I was speaking of were those on Indy. Now your "coachable" but you couldn't coach your D1 studs last year. I think you've seen enough practice and realize your above average. Just like ol Rich's been alluding too. So excuses we dont wanna hear them. In your feelings, I'll give you a hug. Will you have the next Samuels emerge. Ugggg that a be a NO. Y'all will be somewhat productive but nothing near elite. It's new stars on the horizon, but they attend other schools.

You ask why are people so hard on the Creek? Because yall spared no expense letting people know your were top dog. Once upon a time, your not the star attraction anymore. Your now the opening act/ back up dancers. It's football people lets get it cracking.

Now that was very deep Pastor, now let the church say amen. Before you get all in your Jimmy Swagger mode. Praying with a rabbits foot in your pocket. You sound like your back pedaling. The footsteps I was speaking of were those on Indy. Now your "coachable" but you couldn't coach your D1 studs last year. I think you've seen enough practice and realize your above average. Just like ol Rich's been alluding too. So excuses we dont wanna hear them. In your feelings, I'll give you a hug. Will you have the next Samuels emerge. Ugggg that a be a NO. Y'all will be somewhat productive but nothing near elite. It's new stars on the horizon, but they attend other schools.

You ask why are people so hard on the Creek? Because yall spared no expense letting people know your were top dog. Once upon a time, your not the star attraction anymore. Your now the opening act/ back up dancers. It's football people lets get it cracking.

The Creek has always done their talking on the field, like you should. I've been around The Creek since 2009 season. The dominance has always been because of size and depth. You will find out very soon, that you're not winning jack in Charlotte without the guys in the trenches. Which you don't have! We didn't have to let anyone know. It was the rings, and the long history of sending numerous kids to college.The numbers are not declining this year.

You being a Troll and clown on threads is not going to help your squad win games and definitely not going to help you beat the Creek.. Gotta do it on the field, which the Creek has done more than every team you follow. The only thing you've accomplished is putting a bullzeye on your squads. The winning is not stopping this year, or the next 4 years. State Champs or Bust. You guys work on winning your conference.

It's no problem with anyone being hard on The Creek. High expectations are because of accomplishments on the field. If MC was really on the decline like you say? You wouldn't be on here talking about them. Hate comes with success? Nobody hates any team you follow...LMAO!

Last edited:
Richie....why so salty. I get that #8 preseason ranking in 1a had to hurt but why take it out on me?? You out of sauce??

Maybe your right. Maybe we have had a little fun at others expense. However, the difference between myself, Nepsy and ol Rich is we didnt start barking until after we won something. You been lighting up these message boards like some of these teams you pull for have actually won something.

FYI- Tons of guys like you came on these boards and said MC would never do anything after Marquise.....oops. Then it was you wont win anything after Jaylen....oops.

So ol Rich, you just worry about that #8 ranking( yikes) and the #5. Thats the number of losses you have called for MC.

You guys think you got another Aapri?? Oh...thats right. You never won anything with him.

Nespy7 how many times are you going to edit your post. I understand why your upset, that must was you in that Bobby V. -Video. So "slow down" I just wanna get to know you. LOL. Good luck to you and M.C.:):):)

You bring nothing to the board other than being annoying.

Please hammer dont hurt em. I thought we was talking football. Lol. This man is so serious right now. Im really think that was you running down that hallway now. You should have paid. Scots vs creek:p:p:p

Who is we? You're the only troll on the board.

Ole Richie.....all busted up because the only site he is actually allowed on ranked Plymouth ahead of those Raptors. Gotta be honest....no idea where the hell Plymouth is.

No sauce in Belmont apparently.

Ole Richie.....all busted up because the only site he is actually allowed on ranked Plymouth ahead of those Raptors. Gotta be honest....no idea where the hell Plymouth is.

No sauce in Belmont apparently.
Hey man rankings is all about opinions. I appreciate we're even mentioned. Along with WM being top 10. But why is ol work7 so worked up? CP cant save him now. The westside feels blessed

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT